Stressing, Should I Get Ex Valentine Flowers?

Options
124»

Replies

• metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Flip the scenario...

You are dating a gal and her ex from a long term relationship sends her flowers on Valentine's Day.

Do you:

A. Search him out and curb stomp him.

B. Encourage your gal to move, change phone numbers, block him on Facebook, etc.

C. Invite him over for a BBQ and a movie marathon.

Hint: the answer ain't C.
  • ArwenP
    ArwenP Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    No flowers. I am friends with some of my Exes, and if they needed an ear to listend to them, I could do that, but we know we are in the Friend Zone only; the boundries are very clear and we're not trying to get back together on any level. That's not a switch everyone can make cleanly. If you can't truly make the jump to being just friends, then you're better off to have a clean break. You've never gotten over her, and you're doing yourself harm by not letting yourself move on. Someone else wonderful is waiting for you to let go of her so you can come find them.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Seriously. Why capitalize "me" and lowercase "she"?
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Go to the nearest florist and pick out the biggest, most beautiful bouquet in the place. Then, send them to your mother. Forget the ex.
  • krissielynn87
    krissielynn87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    uhm. no.
    Why stress over an ex?
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    We have been separated for almost 2 years. We went through some hard times together and she cared for Me through a bad illness, she was wonderful, she even financially supported Me! When the illness was over we just seem to drift apart emotionally, and eventually separated. She recently emailed Me and said that it took her a while to process our relationship and now she is ready to reach out; I had phoned her and emailed her a few times before during that 2 yrs, but she never responded. The "funny" thing is that I went to her FaceBook page and she is in a new relationship (for over a year). So it took her about 2 months After we broke up for her to start over.

So why contact Me now? I told her that I could not play the "friend" or acquaintance role because I had loved her so deeply (we were together 5 yrs.). But something is telling Me that she needs some type of emotional support now. I am so confused because I sure want her back but she has someone and I do not want to interfere. I want to send her flowers because of our past and how well and good she was to Me. I want her to know that I can't do the "friend" thing but i am here for her.

Any Opinions, suggestions...I am so confused, Help!

WTH? She contacted you. She opened up a door; you guys didnt break up, you merely drifted apart. So why assume the worse?

Send her a dozen yellow sweetheart roses. What is the harm? What is the potential? Yellow roses signifies friendship.

You are not stalking her. You love her, obviously she still has an emotional attachment with you. Send a note stating that you will never forget her or what she did for you. At worse she will appreciate the sentiment.

Maybe this is a matter of unfinished business, but why not take a chance on something that just may be the best gamble of your life? By not pursuing all avenues you will live the rest of your life wondering "what if".

BTW many women will show that they are in a relationship just to keep the creeps away.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    We have been separated for almost 2 years. We went through some hard times together and she cared for Me through a bad illness, she was wonderful, she even financially supported Me! When the illness was over we just seem to drift apart emotionally, and eventually separated. She recently emailed Me and said that it took her a while to process our relationship and now she is ready to reach out; I had phoned her and emailed her a few times before during that 2 yrs, but she never responded. The "funny" thing is that I went to her FaceBook page and she is in a new relationship (for over a year). So it took her about 2 months After we broke up for her to start over.

So why contact Me now? I told her that I could not play the "friend" or acquaintance role because I had loved her so deeply (we were together 5 yrs.). But something is telling Me that she needs some type of emotional support now. I am so confused because I sure want her back but she has someone and I do not want to interfere. I want to send her flowers because of our past and how well and good she was to Me. I want her to know that I can't do the "friend" thing but i am here for her.

BTW many women will show that they are in a relationship just to keep the creeps away.

Damn doodlewhopper you figured me out lol
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options

Damn doodlewhopper you figured me out lol

Women are putty in my hands.....:flowerforyou:
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I've stayed friends with ex's. They gave me stuff like a blade, a pen and pencil set, a picture. THAT sort of thing. NOT flowers. I think an ivy might be nice if you think you have to send something like flowers but I'd send something neutral that you know she would like like spices if she likes to cook. That sort of thing. I gave an ex those fire starter logs for his new fireplace one Christmas. He seemed to like them.
  • johnjkkelly
    Options
    no, find someone else and surprise her with some flowers, expect nothing in return, just to be nice. Something good comes from sending out good. If your not getting good things from one person why reward it
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    NO MATTER WHAT! NOOOOO...

In lamence terms... An ex is an ex, they don't get those things anymore.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I'm being serious with you.

DON'T DO IT!