what is your goal and height??

Options

Replies

• sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    5'3 and I have no idea what my goal weight is. The last time I was "thin" I was in high school... I think I weighed 150-160 then... I don't remember. All I know is that I'm going to stick with this until I hit a healthy BMI and then I'll assess how much I need to lose from there. It's a long way off... but I'm feeling good about it!
  • Maude52
    Maude52 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    5'3.5 my weight right now is 135, my goal in 130. These last 5 pounds are giving me the hardest time ughh!!!
  • mrsfloisand
    mrsfloisand Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal is 135 to 140 lbs. I have a medium bone frame and am currently about 15 to 18 lbs away from my goal.
  • Edward826
    Edward826 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    High to 170s to 180
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Once I got to a normal BMI, I stopped focusing on the scale and started looking at things like muscle mass, body fat percentage, what size clothes I was in, etc. That led me to a weight of 112-115. I'm 5' 0.5"

ETA and I have a small frame.
  • porkchopz
    porkchopz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and would be happy with 120-125. When I weighed myself a few wks ago I was at about 126 or 127.
  • Bratsche
    Bratsche Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and my goal weight is 195. I think I'm a medium-large build.

I know the "recommended" weight for me is 160 or so, but I dont know that I'd ever get there, nor could I maintain that. At one point in my life I was 180 and I think I looked a bit too thin - but we'll see what happens when I start getting down close to that 200ish range :tongue:
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    5'7 and GW is 130-135, I am medium framed
  • bethinagain
    bethinagain Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal weight is 140. I may go for lower once I get there. I am below my pregnancy weight also, but it just looks all different now! Your goal weight is right where it should be. Even ten pounds less is fine, too! But I wouldn't shoot for 115, that would be to skinny (if there is such thing).:laugh:
  • rnroadrunner
    rnroadrunner Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    please don't focus so much on weight but how you feel and it is more important to look at % body fat.

Body Fat Percentage Categories
    Classification Women (% fat) Men (% fat)
    Essential Fat 10-12% 2-4%
    Athletes 14-20% 6-13%
    Fitness 21-24% 14-17%
    Acceptable 25-31% 18-25%
    Obese 32%+ 25%+

Knowing your body fat percentage can also help you determine if your weight loss goals are realistic. Remember, weight loss doesn't always mean fat loss.

For example, let's say you are a 130 pound woman with 23% body fat, and your goal is to lose 20 pounds.

Initial body fat 130 pounds x 0.23 body fat = 30 pounds body fat
    Lean body mass 130 pounds total - 30 pounds fat = 100 pounds lean body mass (bones, organs,...)
    Goal 130 pounds - 20 pounds = 110 pounds

As you can see, the goal of losing 20 pounds is not realistic or healthy. At 110 pounds, this woman still requires 100 pounds of lean body mass, but would only be carrying 10 pounds, or only 9% body fat. From the body fat chart above, you can see that this is a dangerously low percentage.

A better goal might be for the woman to reduce her body fat from 23% to 18%. In this case:

130 pounds x 0.18 = 23 pounds body fat
    100 pounds lean body mass + 23 pounds body fat = 123 pounds goal weight.

So, for this individual to achieve a lean, but healthy 18% fat, she would need to lose only 7 pounds of fat, reducing her weight from her current 130 pounds to 123 pounds. Losing more than 7 pounds means losing lean body mass (usually metabolically-active muscle tissue), which is clearly not desirable.

So before you decide that you need to "lose weight", remember to consider that "weight" consists of both lean body mass and body fat. Try to keep your weight loss goals realistic, and remember, keep the calorie-burning muscle, and lose only the fat

The above was found on www.bmi-calculators.net and I thought it made alot of sense. hope this helps someone.
  • slimkitty
    slimkitty Posts: 418
    Options
    I am 5'5" with a large frame. Anywhere between 135 and 140 is fine for me.
  • beMyself
    beMyself Posts: 29
    Options
    I'm almost 6'3 my goal weight is 225. I think that Genetics and other factors play a role in how your body fat sits on your frame so someone else your height might look different than you do at the same weight. It really is an individual thing. We should all create an individualized plan.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my goal weight is 135-140.
  • AllisonMO
    AllisonMO Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 8" and just changed my goal weight down to 145. After my kids were born and I was nursing, I hit a low weight of 119 and looked like I had been in a prison camp. Eventually I went back up to 135, whic h was a good weight for me. As I am 56 now, I think 140-145 would be ideal.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,711 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", and my goal is 135 pounds, but I'm pretty comfortable where I am, which is good because this last few is slow! My initial goal was 145 or lower by April, and I hit that a month early, so I am not complaining.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and have a med frame. I was 145lbs 10 years ago and I was thin....but still flabby in places and I had huge thighs and I wasn't nearly as small as I'd like so my new goal is somewhere between 128 and 135.
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    My height is 5"8" so and my goal weight is 175. I am also large boned
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 3.5." I am striving for a goal of 130lbs. That would probably put me in a size 4 jean. This dieting stuff is so addicting though and I'm having such a hard time even eating 1,200 calories I will probably go for like 120lbs and a size 2 jean.
  • kellie524315
    Options
    I'm 5'9 too and thats my goal!!! good luck ! you can do it
  • kalebsmama07
    kalebsmama07 Posts: 503
    Options
    iam the same way with numbers!
    I am 5'4", I have a medium-boned structure and my goal weight is 140, maybe 135 - we'll see when I get to 140.....=) just 14lbs to go!