WHICH DIET WORKS BEST FOR YOU?

Options
2»

Replies

• BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I've heard a lot of buzz about something called the neo-paleo diet. Not sure what it's all about yet.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    the peanut butter diet

by peanut butter I mean IIFYM. (and micro)
  • alissadough84
    alissadough84 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Zone/Paleo is working great for me!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go on the Meta-Paleo diet. It makes other paleo look weak. like baby hands weak.

Basically you look at what post caveman can eat, then eat reasonably and over your BMR and under TDEE.
    The best part is there is no fast, no detox and you can transition to it instantly.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    My diet is eating below my TDEE, while trying to maintain my macro nutrient numbers. Oh, and I LOVE TO EAT, so I do interval cardio training to burn more calories so I can eat more. But, at the end of the week, my calories consumed is about 1750 less than what I burned (including, but not limited to, exercise). I also believe in drinking lots of water ... at least 10 cups each day.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    For me that would be the drinking wine or whiskey almost every day while staying at a caloric deficit and hitting my macros while lifting weights.

(#%$¥ that autocorrect!)
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    High protein , carb cycling and low fat /// ultimate for ME
  • Jhingz
    Jhingz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    low carb + high protein + calorie counting + 60-minute everyday early morning walks + lots of water >>> WHATEVER YOU MAY CALL IT DIET. :D
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Outside of calorie counting, I've found the No S diet worked brilliantly. I still use elements of it, and am hoping that I may be able to use it during maintenance. ( http://www.nosdiet.com/ ).
  • dstevens19
    dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I eat 1400 calories a day and exercise regularly. My diet is normal...just trying to eat more veggies and make the healthiest choices I can. I'm 5'8" . Started at 188 on Jan. 1 and now weigh 176 today. It's coming off slowly but I hear that's the safest way.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Eating within a reasonable range of calories and macronutrients for my immediate goals and picking up heavy things has worked well for me.
    Works for me too, but people will never go for it unless you give it a catchy name. A diet has to have a catchy name to be effective. Maybe you should call it the SideSteel Diet....invent some gimmicky supplement to go with it like "ice cream snake oil ketones" or something, write a book about it and you'll be famous!