Pancake Day - how do you eat yours?

Options
13»

Replies

• kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Here for Pancake day with the crepe style pancakes, lemon and a dusting of confectioners sugar. American style...banana pancakes with REAL maple syrup is the only way for me!...oh unless they're my mom's blueberry ones :bigsmile:
  • jdavidbowles
    Options
    Ok, here's my weird favorite. HOT DOG SLICES. Put the batter on the griddle, then place hot dog slices on the top side while the 1st side is cooking. I know, everyone says yuck, until they eat one. One of the few good things to come out of the the time "back in the day..." or at least one of the few I can remember, lol.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    With butter, pan-fried bacon, creamy peanut butter and pure maple syrup.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    My pancakes are delicious just plain. Sometimes I splurge and buy real maple syrup. You only need a drizzle.
  • Voxen
    Voxen Posts: 33
    Options
    usually its a protein pancake topped off with fat free cottage cheese. or sometimes sourcream.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    In the Detroit area, its Pazcki Day....aka "fat bombs"

To answer the question...I DO NOT eat them

paczki.jpg

That looks like a doughnut. How big are those things?

It is a Polish Donut. I normally have one every year to honor my Polish heritage - not those store bought things though..........From a REAL Polish bakery.

I passed this year though as I am focused
  • devore06
    Options
    I take one medium banana and mash it up and mix in one large egg and stir together, sometimes add in some flax seed or chia seeds, and fruit if you want...top with PB2...super low calories and yummy!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Forgot about pancake Tuesday.. looks like we're having chicken and pancakes for supper!
  • amberdust
    Options
    Ok, here's my weird favorite. HOT DOG SLICES. Put the batter on the griddle, then place hot dog slices on the top side while the 1st side is cooking. I know, everyone says yuck, until they eat one. One of the few good things to come out of the the time "back in the day..." or at least one of the few I can remember, lol.

i might try this with breakfast sausage.
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I love the Brits. Their answer to Mardi Gras is to have pancakes. Such decadence, such indulgence! Does that mean everyone gives up syrup for Lent?

I must say, I have lived in the right parts of the US, eating kielbasa and such, but I have never had packzi day :(

Shrove Tuesday was historically the day to remove foods that were unsuitable for eating during Lent. Don't think syrup was around, and very few people had lemons or sugar either.
    Think it's more symbolic.
    But it would take an American to come up with those monster stodge lumps you call pancakes! And adding bacon? With maple syrup? What's that all about?

:flowerforyou: