Need to lose 7-9 inches from my waist in a month

Options
124»

Replies

• HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, you aren't going to lose 7-9 inches off of anything in 30 days. I don't care what you do, there's no magic exercise to shrink in a month what it took years to put on.

My recommendation - go buy another outfit for your event...
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Primal Blueprint and Mark's Daily Apple.

I had lost 10lb in 6 months following the healthiest version of the standard american diet - and following the Dietary Guidelines to a "T" (those guidelines were also making me diabetic while I was losing weight - go figure). I hit 120lbs which was my goal - but you wouldn't know looking at my belly. I decided to try PB and within the first 6 weeks I had lost 4-5" off my waist.

Who knows, the outfit just might end up too big. :)

Who would have thought that I would drop 12lbs below my lowest adult weight (actually I was 136lbs when I hit puberty and hit the low 120s in my early 20s) by going HIGH-FAT! And it was't muscle mass. That I kept while my energy levels went through the roof. My sleep got better. Every digestive issue I've had disappeared. My eczema disappeared. My receding hairline disappeared (yes, high blood sugars can cause hair loss). My belly disappeared. I dropped body fat and some water retention along with it. I now maintain between 110-113 easily.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    1. Find Doc Brown
    2. Get the Delorean up to 88mph
    3. Set time machine to go back 6 months
    4. Start dieting THEN
    5.????
    6. profit

And this^^^^
  • rheelizabeth
    rheelizabeth Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've lost 20+lbs but have only lost 1 inch of my tummy... tummy is the renown for being the hardest place to lose weight from.

Try to lower your carbs a bit in the coming weeks, this will avoid any bloat, may actually help with an inch or two... other than that I would suggest some extra sit ups, as well as cardio workouts, and wear VERY good control underwear, AND suck-you-in-tights AND a corset under your outfit... I did this for my wedding day, but wouldn't do it again.... Wedding dress is too big for me now :P

Good luck hun.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Any occasion that's worth a special outfit is worth enjoying. Cramming yourself into a corset or other compression wear is going to ensure nothing but pure discomfort if you do manage to fit into the dress. You probably won't be able to eat, drink, sit comfortably. Not to mention the risk of... "Remember the time when [your name]'s side seams split while she was dancing with that hot guy?"

Go shopping! Get a great outfit that fits.
  • TigressPat
    Options
    uhh... no

buy a new outfit, wear an old outfit, buy a metal boned corset, or super spanx.

either way, you'll have to spend or recycle.
  • TigressPat
    Options
    1. Find Doc Brown
    2. Get the Delorean up to 88mph
    3. Set time machine to go back 6 months
    4. Start dieting THEN
    5.????
    6. profit

lol
    me wants a Delorean!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Even with a corset or spandex the fat has to go somewhere so most likely no matter what the outfit isn't going to fit. Best bet, go to a store, find something that fits you NOW and wear that. Don't torture yourself buying things sizes too small when an event is so close. It isn't fair to your body!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    by a girdle
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I've lost 16" off my waist, but that took 15 months and losing 105lbs. Unfortunately it has a lot to do with genetics. Some lose quicker from one area (I've only lost 7" from the bust and 12" from the hips). I lose from my waist the fastest but still only managed a little over an inch a month. Do you normally lose in your waist first? Maybe you can manage a couple of inches through weight loss and a couple more with a corset to get you to your goal? Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • 11bJT
    11bJT Posts: 1
    Options
    It is with out a doubt possible!!! I did it!! Iost a inch a week and it felt great. It was nothing unhealthy about it.

I went on a extremely strict Diet and worked my *kitten* off...

If you need specific info feel free to message me
  • Preshy_Nair
    Options
    stop discouragin a person
  • sabrosa1068
    Options
    I would try a juice cleanse for one month!! I did it for 27 days and lost about 5 inches off my waist. I'm not gonna lie though, I felt like absolute crap for the first week on the cleanse, however after the first week I felt perfectly fine, my energy levels were fantastic and my skin looked amazing!! I know some people that have dropped more than 5 inches in one month on a juice cleanse it just depends on how much existing fat you have to drop.... the more fat you have on your body generally speaking the faster you'll drop it.