Replies

• MrsFlotron
    MrsFlotron Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    just bake them! :laugh:
  • Hirgy03
    Hirgy03 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Are they beer battered? That would be Epic Meal Time awesome!

Nah, just tossed in peanut oil at 375. They're done when they start to break open. Only trick is that you have to pull them out quickly after that or you scorch the cheese.

encase them in shredded cheese (mozarella of course). You have to pre-warm the cheese so it coats better. So take a bunch of cheese (I find 3-4 cups to work best). Roll the pizza rolls in beaten eggs, pack the cheese tightly in a ball around each pizza roll, then roll in a mixture of flower, bread crumbs and cocoa crisps (trust me on that one). Put them in the deep fryer basket and drop in. You'll thank me. :drinker: :smokin:
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    You're deep frying pizza rolls. Seriously dude, wtf.

This sounds disgusting never heard of this in the uk hahah ew
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    How about a deep fried Lean Pocket?...
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    According to Good Eats (Alton Brown)
    If you do it right, you'll probably only use a tablespoon or so.
  • TxHamJello
    Options
    Would be easiest if you just drank all the oil - problem solved.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    is it weird this made me kinda hungrier "/

err.....not weigh pizza before deep fry and weigh after (do the "maths" that I'm ****e at!) :wink:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Just sprinkle this on them, and the oil won't matter :laugh:

sensa1.jpg

Seriously though, I'm guessing quite a bit of the oil is soaking into those things....
  • jivitasa
    jivitasa Posts: 150 Member
    Options

Lol... kinda what I was thinking. I guess we all have our foods that are "worth" the indulgence. Deep fried pizza rolls wouldn't be it for me, but do enjoy! :drinker:
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    The idea of deep fried pizza rolls terrifies me.

Why?

I know how bad it is when you take a pizza roll out of the oven or microwave and can't wait to bite into it and burn your tongue on the molten lava spewing from inside... but of course you just can't help but keep eating it and sear your whole mouth because it tastes so dang good.... and now you want to add hot oil to this concoction? Dear god, I'd kill my mouth with just one molten lava fried pizza roll and never be able to eat again....

So maybe this is the perfect diet plan!?!

this!
  • paulcer
    paulcer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    They've already been deep fried so I think they are so packed with fats that they can't absorb any more. I really think you're just heating them up.

Enjoy! :-)
  • jivitasa
    jivitasa Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You wouldn't have to worry about the oil at all if you just put sensa on it or were taking the green coffee bean supplement. Otherewise, I think what you've been doing is the right thing. Good luck!

HAHAHA... This made my day :heart:
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    If you're deep frying pizza rolls you should just make enough to share with all of us. :love:
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Well, obviously you're not trying to eat healthy so why bother figuring it out? Count this as a cheat day and move on.
  • StrawberryThief
    Options
    .... don't deep fry mini pizza roles!
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I've never heard of a pizza roll...let alone a mini pizza roll or a deep fried one...and I'm sure my arteries thank me!
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    IF you must "fry" them, why not pan fry them and then log the oil used instead of deep frying them in a liter of oil? Personally...IF I ate pizza rolls I would nuke or bake them. They are already loaded with crap...why load them with more crap?
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    I actually saw a chef talking about this on tv. I wish I rememebered everything of what he said. I do rememeber he said the longer it is in, the more oil is absorbed and that things don't need to be in there for long. With the pizza rolls, it probably isn't much at all because you are just heating them, not cooking them through.
  • Charles4Jesus
    Charles4Jesus Posts: 89 Member
    Options

you ever tried one? it's better than batter fried bacon.

I'm sure they are tasty, but let's not get carried away here( better than batter fried bacon) seriously.

Oooh, you could wrap them in bacon, then deep fry them.
    Everything is better with bacon!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I have nothing productive to add. I just wonder how I never thought to deep fry our pizza rolls. How would that be different than pizza logs from a restaurant? You are brilliant.