Non gym goers, show me your results!

Options

Replies

• ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Check out my profile pic. Lost about 15 lbs thru calorie restriction.
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    534841_4880116794635_1036704487_n_zpsb61137db.jpg
    154796_4880116434626_1764735730_n_zpsecd51ca1.jpg

i went from 220ish to 199 without a gym.

okay. i have a gym membership, but i've only used it twice..........
  • Stila562
    Options
    .I lost 67 pounds in less than 6 months, no gym membership :).
  • Under_Construction13
    Options
    Like this convo :) saving it for later.
    I tried the gym that didn't really work for me. Doing JM 30 days and changing diet so far so good.
    Some very inspirational ppl on here, thanks :)
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    dqq48w.jpg

SW: 253
    CW: 197

Did it all by myself! Never stepped foot in a gym. I walked HEAPS when I first started but now I am focusing on dumbell workouts and walking/jogging.
  • cherriegh
    cherriegh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have lost alot of weight in a month without gym now at goal weight and need to firm up especially my butt and thighs bit flabby but tummy is flat

Before: 01/01/2013
    Waist: 30.9
    Around Butt: 42.1
    Upper Thighs: 24.4
    Lower thighs: 18.3
    Weight: 140

Current:
    Waist: 28
    Around Butt: 37.2
    Upper Thighs: 22.4
    Knees: 16.5
    Weight: 126

How do u put up a pic?
  • carlosdon
    Options
    walking, swimming, sports, kinect, wii, diet. thats more or less how I did it.
  • Bill578
    Bill578 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there
    Just walking 5kms (3m), 6 days a week
    And eating 3 meals with a banana as a snack - down 12lbs in about 6 weeks
  • cherriegh
    cherriegh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have lost alot of weight in a month without gym now at goal weight and need to firm up especially my butt and thighs bit flabby but tummy is flat

Before: 01/01/2013
    Waist: 30.9
    Around Butt: 42.1
    Upper Thighs: 24.4
    Lower thighs: 18.3
    Weight: 140

Current:
    Waist: 28
    Around Butt: 37.2
    Upper Thighs: 22.4
    Knees: 16.5
    Weight: 126

How do u put up a pic?
  • hdutoit17
    Options
    I dont gym or excercise- except my 15min walk to work about 3 days a week and went from 69kg to 55kg in 5.5months after my son was born. I was 74kg before delivery, but lost the 6 kg immidiately after delivery so I dont count that. I will load a picture of my huge pregnancy body on my profile and my current profile pic was taken last week.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    5fb74e46-9943-4f70-94cf-f925c856cea2_zps9a60cf5f.jpg
  • LozPenguin
    LozPenguin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I didn't use a gym at all. I have an elliptical in the basement, but i mostly walk...either on a hiking trail by my house, or at the mall before the stores open in the winter.

Omg you look fantastic!! Great inspiration considering I mostly do walking; I totally enjoy it :)
  • Banker2Bikini
    Banker2Bikini Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have not stepped foot in a gym in over a year. This is my start photo last year in June, and then my most recent photo that I have. I do Insanity, P90X, and have dabbled a little in Insanity Asylum. I absolutely love the programs. Good luck!

start-current_zps44d73552.jpg
  • SRT4twg
    SRT4twg Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! I went to my gym for months without seeing much of a result. I feel very restricted there. All the guys hog the free weights and the machines isolate one muscle set so you don't get a well rounded workout. I switched to working out at home (which I had never done before) and I LOVE it! I find free workout videos on youtube or use JM 30 day shred workout. Best decision of my life. Sorry no progress photos yet but I think you would be happy with your results. Running/walking/aerobics/yoga/palates all give you a great full body workout that is hard to achieve at the gym unless you do their classes or free weights. And i watch what I eat of course :)
  • erinpickering12
    erinpickering12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have had several different gym memberships in the past 5 years and all I have to say is I was not consistent and I lost a LOT of money. I'm about 60 pounds overweight right now and on my way down. The biggest 2 reasons for my not going to the gym was insecurity and lack of time. I work almost 60 hours a week and getting to the gym was close to impossible, let alone the fact that once I got there, I was very insecure about how I looked on the machines.

So, I decided to invest in some home gym equipment, an elliptical (Schwinn 420) and some home weights and a wii (with Zumba and Wii-Fitness-Plus. So far, using that and Isagenix, I've lost 18 pounds. I wasn't very active in January because of a hip problem I had that has now resolved itself, but since then, I've been in our "home-gym" almost every other day... it feels great!

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/532004_10151478277131350_999387766_n.jpg
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i have never been a gym person, i do 2 to 3 hours cardio a day!
    and can kick a gym persons *kitten* any day!
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I have had several different gym memberships in the past 5 years and all I have to say is I was not consistent and I lost a LOT of money. I'm about 60 pounds overweight right now and on my way down. The biggest 2 reasons for my not going to the gym was insecurity and lack of time. I work almost 60 hours a week and getting to the gym was close to impossible, let alone the fact that once I got there, I was very insecure about how I looked on the machines.

So, I decided to invest in some home gym equipment, an elliptical (Schwinn 420) and some home weights and a wii (with Zumba and Wii-Fitness-Plus. So far, using that and Isagenix, I've lost 18 pounds. I wasn't very active in January because of a hip problem I had that has now resolved itself, but since then, I've been in our "home-gym" almost every other day... it feels great!

532004_10151478277131350_999387766_n.jpg
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Here's what I got so far from the beginning of the year to the first week of February

jan-feb_zpsb8681c7c.png
    143 - 137.6.

I have a spin bike at home and a treadmill (but like you said you run outside)
    And I try to lift twice a week. :)

AT HOME GYMS FTW!

Good luck, lovely
  • XxSarahKatexX
    Options
    I didn't go to the gym until the 2nd or 3rd week in January. I now realize that heavy lifting is crucial to getting the body I want but I'm sure there are plenty of people who got where they wanted to go without going to a gym :) All of my weightloss was due to a caloric deficit. Zero cardiovascular exercise.
    Wow nice! I'm doing both 60 mins of cardio and -500 calories a day, So I hope I see results soon~
  • XxSarahKatexX
    Options
    Here's what I got so far from the beginning of the year to the first week of February

jan-feb_zpsb8681c7c.png
    143 - 137.6.

I have a spin bike at home and a treadmill (but like you said you run outside)
    And I try to lift twice a week. :)

AT HOME GYMS FTW!

Good luck, lovely

Good job! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!