Non gym goers, show me your results!

Options

Replies

• XxSarahKatexX
    Options
    dqq48w.jpg

SW: 253
    CW: 197

Did it all by myself! Never stepped foot in a gym. I walked HEAPS when I first started but now I am focusing on dumbell workouts and walking/jogging.
    Wow!! :) Great job!
  • caramel1920
    Options
    <<<<<My profile pic says it all, I stopped going to the gym over a year ago and the weight loss you see in the pic, is from June of last year! I workout at home and when the weather is decent I like to take it outdoors (stadium fridays), walks/jogs, the fresh air is the bomb diggity. Right now I order a new workout DVD about every 6 months to add to the rotation so I don't get bored. Currently I'm doing 30DS, next will be Body Combat! Love it, I may rejoin a gym when I'm ready to do some heavy lifting!:) But for now, at home is working for me!:ohwell: :happy:
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've lost 51 lbs since I started in Oct 2011. Below pic is a before of Aug 2011 (190's) and after of Aug 2012 (150's). I'm currently 143 and 5 lbs from goal. I haven't set foot in a gym or used any equipment other than running shoes and small hand weights. I have done the couch to 5k program (google it) and have become a runner (running at least 3 days a week), and I do some strength training a couple days a week. When I get to goal, I am going to start doing more intense heavy lifting.

sidebyside2_zps8e11ad23.jpg
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Before
    me003.jpg

after
    weightlosspics.jpg

Ive not been to the gym in years
  • beenerc
    Options
    95 lbs lost since 12/27/10

image-1.jpg

My other before and after is my profile pic. :smile:
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Before
    me003.jpg

after
    weightlosspics.jpg

Are you sure that's you? Stunning! And you look so young too.
  • nekoface
    nekoface Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Before
    me003.jpg

after
    weightlosspics.jpg

Wow, you are so inspirational.
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    i workout at least three days a week. i go to a boot camp, but when i can't make it i do the same style of body weight exercising at home (it's the sort of exercises you do for the insanity workout). occasionally i go jogging as well.

b&a2.jpg
  • kelelaanne
    kelelaanne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Down 33 with no gym time. All just tracking Calories :)
  • amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    These are before and during, as I certainly still have weight to lose, but the first is from May 2012 to November 2012. I've lost another 15 pounds and one clothing size since this pic:

Oct11-Nov12copy_zps6965afd7.jpg

And here is a closeup of my facial changes from May 2011 to last week-ish:

Before-During-Face_zpsf3b1eda2.jpg

I started Couch to 5K in July and now run about 9-12 miles per week. Added kettlebells into my routine in January and they've really helped me shed more fat and start finally seeing definition. Hope to show before and AFTERs in a few months!
  • ashleey1000
    ashleey1000 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    .I lost 67 pounds in less than 6 months, no gym membership :).

how?
  • Rangarth
    Rangarth Posts: 121
    Options
    7 months into it and all I did was watch portions while knowing what I am eating along with some walking 2-3 times a week for 40+ minutes.
  • jacqueline_yumyum
    Options
    5fb74e46-9943-4f70-94cf-f925c856cea2_zps9a60cf5f.jpg

I see a faint V-Shape coming along!! Keep it up
  • jacqueline_yumyum
    Options
    i workout at least three days a week. i go to a boot camp, but when i can't make it i do the same style of body weight exercising at home (it's the sort of exercises you do for the insanity workout). occasionally i go jogging as well.

b&a2.jpg

Wow your features all pop after the weight loss!! Great jaw line !
  • BeckZombie
    BeckZombie Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    No photos yet, but I'm down 10 pounds in just a little over a month through eating less/better and working out on my stationary bike or doing 30 Day Shred a few times a week.
  • Drkashmere
    Drkashmere Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is awesome. I'm starting out with the gym because I need to tone up really bad!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    novembertofebruary_zpsaed2b891.jpg

Not at my goal weight or size yet but I haven't been to the gym once since I began working out. It's all at home with some AMAZING workout DVDs :)
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have lost 117 pounds since March 2012, and have not been to a gym once. I do a lot of walking and hiking, ride an stationary bike a little, and have started riding a real bike recently.

My profile pic is a before and during, and there are more pics in my profile.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I have lost 117 pounds since March 2012, and have not been to a gym once. I do a lot of walking and hiking, ride an stationary bike a little, and have started riding a real bike recently.

My profile pic is a before and during, and there are more pics in my profile.

You look incredible!
  • nicsalt
    nicsalt Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    No gym for me. I have been successfully losing body fat by getting outside hiking, walking, biking, skiing, snow shoeing and jogging. I have a treadmill but rarely use it because I find it too boring compared to my other activities.

I have a medicine ball, resistance bands and a few light free weights. I plan to incorporate them soon to work on building lean muscle. I think you can get fit and lose weight without a gym. Just be creative and use what you already have available to you. There are also tons of cardio and strength training videos you can stream and do at home. Check out you tube there's a ton on there and they're free.

Good luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!