What do you use your greek yogurt for?

Options
1235»

Replies

• XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I made low carb nachos last night. Low carb wrap, spray with oil toast both sides in oven with garlic salt. Add cheese and jalapeños.Eat with home made chilli on, topped with Greek yogurt! Soooooooooooooooooo good!
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I haven't used it to cook yet, but I use it in my smoothies or just with fruit as a snack after my workouts. It's the only yogurt I eat anymore because its so good.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Anyone use GY to make ranch dressing? I'm considering trying it and wondering if anyone has had good experiences, and can share a good recipe.
  • MrsOMG
    MrsOMG Posts: 84
    Options
    I love using it as a condiment in place of things like sour cream in fajitas or instead of garlic sauce or mayo in burgers or Mediterranean meals.

I'll list a few of the mixes below;

Mix with lemon juice, chopped garlic a little olive oil, to drizzle on salads or have as a dip or sauce.

Mix with lime juice, chopped chives and paprika to go in wraps or fajitas as a sour cream substitute. Can also add a little chiptole paste if you have that too.

blitz some berries in food processor and swirl it into yogurt to accompany desserts instead of cream or ice cream.

Stir in some harrisa in one pot of yogurt and some chopped corriander and mint in another to accompany grilled veg kebabs, or your own home made lean lamb skewers.

Have a dollop in with soup for a creamy extra.

Just every where you would use cream, ice cream or mayo - such a tasty substitute.
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I use it only as a substitute for sour cream.
  • sanrog
    sanrog Posts: 68
    Options
    I mix it with tahini, garlic, and lemon juice. Makes a yummy dip for veggies and whole wheat crackers.
  • Rjsmith07
    Rjsmith07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Anyone use GY to make ranch dressing? I'm considering trying it and wondering if anyone has had good experiences, and can share a good recipe.

I have heard many ppl that just add the Ranch dry mix to it and supposedly its really good!
  • daniellegwilliam
    daniellegwilliam Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Goes good on pretty much everything. Try it with tuna instead of mayo....

Why didnt I think of that! awesome idea, I'll be trying that tonight for our tuna melts and veggie soup...
  • 2pupsmama
    Options
    bump
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    A really dip for lean meats or chicken:

0% fage plain greek yogurt
    grated cucumber
    ground greek seasoning (found in the spice aisle)

Yummy greekness!