Why are people so mean?!

Options
I thought MFP was supposed to help motivate and push each other. I've seen so many nice comments back and forth between people and dishing out tons of encouragment. On the flip side, it is SO discouraging when people post things and are followed up with negative or harsh responses. This is not Twitter, or Facebook (where negativety and cyber bullying is everywhere). This is a place to help each other. Even if you don't agree with what people say, why bother putting in the effort to bring them down and be rude?! Not everybody has the same workout routines, times to eat, things to eat, life circumstances and so forth. Don't tear people down bc you don't agree with that they are saying. That is all :wink:
Spread love, not anger!

Replies

• BlueObsidian
    BlueObsidian Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I just keep wondering why people don't take advantage of the ignore button. If you don't like the way someone responds to posts, just hit that little triangle next to their username, select "ignore" and POOF, no more posts by that person. Easy, and no need for whiny "everyone is so mean to me" posts.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Because we evolved on a planet where everything wants to eat us.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I just keep wondering why people don't take advantage of the ignore button. If you don't like the way someone responds to posts, just hit that little triangle next to their username, select "ignore" and POOF, no more posts by that person. Easy, and no need for whiny "everyone is so mean to me" posts.

Yes!!!!!
  • AlohaKeAkua
    Options
    I never said anybody was mean to me. I'm watching how people are rude to others.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    People are mean because they're human.

/thread.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    ooooooo
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    It's the internet.
  • bmstee03
    bmstee03 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I put on my big girl panties before I come to the boards. Some people are just rude. If internet strangers hurt your feelings you have 'bigger fish to fry'. Just ignore and move on.
  • jshot278
    jshot278 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with this post. This should be a place of support. If you can't be supportive or disagree, it's not necessary to add a negative post.
  • lumstead0317
    lumstead0317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options

I DIDN'T KNOW THIS EXISTED!!!! :D
  • shanswan
    shanswan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am sorry if anyone is mean to anyone. I try and live by do unto others.........

But nice that you can ignore mean people my lesson for the day.
  • gfedex
    gfedex Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    When the site was first started, the founders wanted it to be called Mean Fat People.

Marketing thought this was a bad idea, but, thanks to a dedicated group of hired trolls, the original essence lives on.
  • AlohaKeAkua
    Options
    Apparently people are missing my point.
  • kellie1055
    kellie1055 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Me either!!! Ima wear that button out!! LOL
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I didn't even know it was there! Good tip! Thanks! Ignoring you in 5, 4, 3, ... :bigsmile:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I don't think I've seen the cyber bullying on Facebook...
  • AlohaKeAkua
    Options
    HAHAHA!
  • lumstead0317
    lumstead0317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Apparently people are missing my point.

I get it... I just think people are dill holes... I often wonder the same thing myself!!
  • AlohaKeAkua
    Options
    :tongue:
    I didn't know it existed either
  • delmore1
    delmore1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I agree. It has actually stopped me from posting questions. I will help and encourage others but I usually save my questions for my group of friends on here.