No thank you.

Options

Replies

• vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as feeling thin!!!

Who in the world says you can't have both?!?!

That's a ridiculous statement, and unfortunately one that's typically used by people with EDs.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Good job exercising your willpower muscle. :smile:
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    As I was beginning to log my abomination of a day, I was reflecting again on your awesomeness. What determination you showed to look those impromptu and unexpected treats in the face. Planning for them is one thing, resisting the unexpected is another. So again, kudos. I hope to absorb some of your determination this week when my intrinsic motivation is waning. GREAT GREAT GREAT job!

Exactly this (and awesome success , MochaMIx). My goal is not "thin", my goal is to be healthy and smaller than I was and to stop making AS MANY "treat" choices as I used to. Learning when/how to resist, and when/how to indulge in more controlled way, is a HUGE part of that journey. So great job, OP.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one appalled by how much money that woman must have spent on pastries?!?! Dunkin Donuts not classy enough for you, lady?!?

Hehe, but in all seriousness, I'm impressed. I would have been all up in that doughnut.
  • macaya5
    Options
    Rubbing the doughnut all over your body in the privacy of a locked bathroom doesn't add to your calorie intake.

FYI.

Genius!

Also, good on the OP for keeping it on her terms.
  • macaya5
    Options
    I would have eaten the doughnut, recorded it, and adjusted my dinner, thus allowing me to enjoy life.

This is what I would have done too. Turning down free sweets is against my religion.

WHAT IS YOUR CHURCH? Are they taking new congregants?
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Way to go! See what happens when you're determined? :)
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    good job and stay strong. I know it's hard sometimes.
  • patrickkelly69
    Options
    at the moment:

Supportive replys around 80%
    Negative a/holes of the world 20%

but I'm sure this will change knowing the trolls out there !!!!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • patrickkelly69
    Options
    I would have eaten the doughnut, recorded it, and adjusted my dinner, thus allowing me to enjoy life.

No thanks. Deducting multiple hundred calories from my dinner would not have equaled me "enjoying life". I'd rather have a satisfying dinner, any day...

So you go for a walk and enjoy the doughnut AND dinner.

I know I wouldn't deprive myself because depriving yourself eventually leads to you rolling around naked in a tub of rice pudding eating brownie batter doughnuts by the dozen.

Takes more that a walk to burn off that doughnut !!!!
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    great job! isn't that the best feeling!? i put up with the same thing at work.. my co-workers indulge in unhealthy treats quite often and i always turn them down :)
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Great job, someone brought in a homemade coffee cake to my office the other day and set it on the counter right behind my desk! It was tough but I avoided having any.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Excellent! And it will get easier and easier the more you do it. Keep it up!!!
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Great job!
    Learning how to turn down tasty - but sugary and fatty - treats is an important skill! =)

I love how some people have to point out that you should have eaten the donut anyway - as though they know what's best for you... you did what you needed to in that moment. Good for you!
  • T1mH
    T1mH Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    The OP made the right choice.

I had my first doughnut in months a couple weeks ago at a meeting. Only after logging the 400 calories did I realize that's nearly 25% of my day. It wasn't even very good. When you cut out those sweets and processed junk for a while it doesn't taste as good when you go back to it. I won't be eating another donut any time soon. I would have much rather had 4 bananas, or 9 cups of strawberrys, or 5 cups of blueberrys or 8 cups of muskmelon or some combination of those or many other things that I would have enjoyed more and would have left me feeling full longer.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

^^^This. :)

Actually, I probably would have eaten half and taken the other half home for another day.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Good for you! We just got through Mardi Gras here in New Orleans and I was so proud of myself last week when I went to the kitchen at work – saw the king cake on the counter – and, instead, got my cottage cheese and pears out of the fridge and snacked on that. Felt good not breaking my meal plan and felt great not putting sugary crap in my body.
  • bids55
    bids55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    OK.....one for the good guys (gals)....That what we're talking about!:smile:
  • pushyourself14
    pushyourself14 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    The OP made the right choice.

I had my first doughnut in months a couple weeks ago at a meeting. Only after logging the 400 calories did I realize that's nearly 25% of my day. It wasn't even very good. When you cut out those sweets and processed junk for a while it doesn't taste as good when you go back to it. I won't be eating another donut any time soon. I would have much rather had 4 bananas, or 9 cups of strawberrys, or 5 cups of blueberrys or 8 cups of muskmelon or some combination of those or many other things that I would have enjoyed more and would have left me feeling full longer.

My thoughts exactly!! I'm completely addicted to fruit.