Options

Replies

• dr3w_s
    dr3w_s Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    bacon are food from heaven!
  • EricCowperthwaite
    Options
    Red meat comes from ruminants, which are grazing mammals that have stomachs divided into 4 compartments and chew cud. This includes cattle, sheep, bison, deer, elk, moose and goats among others. It does not include pigs, bear, rabbit and all the other mammals we like to eat.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Not to eat.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Oh, you eat bacon. Not even a question.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Eat bacon. Be happy.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    You will pry the bacon out of my cold dead hands.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Are you planning on eating a couple slices or a half pound? Turkey bacon just doesn't seal the deal for me. I would rather have a slice or two of the good stuff....all in moderation!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,659 Member
    Options
    Does a little bacon hurt your diet?I don't eat it often, maybe 1-2 times per week. I refuse to eat turkey bacon. I can eat less bacon. I cook it in the oven vs stove top so that the grease falls off more. I've heard a lot of people say that they stay away from pork because pigs are dirty lol and for religious reasons. I don't get it. Should I really give up pork? Can pork hurt my weight loss even if its in moderation?
    Turkey bacon ISN'T bacon!!!!!! And food is broken down to it's simplest form in the stomach, then absorbed. So any protein (whether from steak, pork, chicken, etc) is broken down to amino acids. EAT THE BACON. I most certainly do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    As long at it fits into your calorie count it won't be a problem with weight loss.

But what is your family's health history?

It's high in saturated fats and I've got heart disease running rampant through my family tree.
    So it's definitely on the eat it sparingly list for me. I did trade down to turkey bacon and eat that about about 1-2x a month.
    I might have the real deal maybe 2 or 3 times a year.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I like bacon so much, I should invest in pork bellies. That way at least some of my money comes back to me!!!

IDEA Fitness member
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    i dont understand the original post.
    I just wanted to know if I should give up bacon forever in order to be healthy. The wonderful people before me said that I can have bacon in moderation.
    I've given up nothing forever, but I DO NOT believe in ALL things in moderation...
    Some foods are indulgences and should be eaten sparingly, though.

1) Carbohydrates 2) Fats 3) Proteins

To severely cut back on any one of these categories seems foolish to me, but I do shoot for:

1) COMPLEX Carbs
    2) HAPPY Fats (Mono and Poly Unsaturated fats, good for brain and nerve function, helps prevent diabetes and depression)
    3) LEAN Proteins.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    2) HAPPY Fats (Mono and Poly Unsaturated fats, good for brain and nerve function, helps prevent diabetes and depression)

Bacon-and-Eggs-Smiley_27432-l.jpg
  • nomicat77
    nomicat77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    1.Pork is very fattening. Pork is one of the fattiest meats that you can consume. Eating pork continually will pack on the pounds much faster as compared with eating other lean meats like chicken and turkey. If you like bacon you're better off switching to turkey bacon as it is a healthier alternative.

2. Pigs are smarter then dogs. They have emotions and feel pain just like humans.

3. Pig skin is very similar in composition to human skin. It is said that pork even tastes like human flesh because of their similar biology. Back in the Middle Ages there was a time with autopsies on humans were not allowed. Medical students had to use pigs to practice on. This was done because the anatomy of a pig also has many other similarities to humans.

4. Toxins. A pig's body contains many toxins because they are bottom dwellers meaning they eat food which is devoid of nutrition (pig slop). They eat the left over junk and some pigs eat their own feces. These animals store massive amounts of toxins in their fat, which is then passed on to you if you eat it.

5. Pigs live in filth. Pigs roll around and live their lives in filth, mud, and feces. Pigs are like garbage disposals eating up every nasty thing they can find.

6. Influenza. Pigs carry a mutated influenza virus in their lungs which has been passed on to humans through consumption.

7. One of the biggest concerns with eating pork meat is trichinellosis or trichinosis. This is an infection that humans get from eating undercooked or uncooked pork that contains the larvae of the trichinella worm.

This worm parasite is very commonly found in pork. When the worm, most often living in cysts in the stomach, opens through stomach acids, its larvae are released into the body of the pig. These new worms make their homes in the muscles of the pig. Next stop? The unknowing human body who consumes this infected meat flesh. And while no one particularly wants to consume worms, trichinellosis is a serious illness that you should do virtually anything to avoid.
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I eat bacon several times a week. Lost 70 lbs okay! I get center cut bacon. Three slices a whopping 70 cals. :)
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I like Bacon. I even had fake bacon (Morningstar Farms has the BEST fake bacon!!) when I was pescatarian!! Nice thing about fake bacon? I can feed it to my gerbils because it's plant based... which is strange that there is a plant out there that tastes just like bacon!
    Bacon, usually low sodium, can be a great source of both fat and protein in anyone's diet. Now if you were really worried about fat and calories you can try "Chicken bacon" or "Turkey bacon" or even Fake bacon...
    It's very unlikely that you will contract the round worm that causes trichinosis (I've done a research paper on it) because most pork products are screened for this parasite. I wouldn't worry about them since you are COOKING this bacon until it's crisp (Who eats floppy bacon?)
    Pigs are among some of the cleanest animals. They only roll in mud to cool off during hot days... just like a dog will roll in cool grass or an elephant will take a mud or dust bath.
    SO! If you love you some bacon... eat it! Just limit it to fit inside your Calories and your Macros!! :-) Enjoy your bacon!!
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    If eating bacon is wrong, I don't wanna be right!

As long as you're staying within your calorie intake for the day, no certain food is going to keep you from losing weight (or make you gain weight).

^ Agreed! ^.^
  • PhotogNerd
    PhotogNerd Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Bacon 24/7 baby! Okay, maybe not 24/7 but yes, bacon is good. Eat it!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    1.Pork is very fattening. Pork is one of the fattiest meats that you can consume. Eating pork continually will pack on the pounds much faster as compared with eating other lean meats like chicken and turkey. If you like bacon you're better off switching to turkey bacon as it is a healthier alternative.
    If this were entirely true then people from DENMARK should be huge since they consume more pork than any other country. More than double the USA.
    And I'll say it again: TURKEY BACON AIN'T BACON.
    2. Pigs are smarter then dogs. They have emotions and feel pain just like humans.
    Dogs don't make good bacon.
    3. Pig skin is very similar in composition to human skin. It is said that pork even tastes like human flesh because of their similar biology. Back in the Middle Ages there was a time with autopsies on humans were not allowed. Medical students had to use pigs to practice on. This was done because the anatomy of a pig also has many other similarities to humans.
    What does this have to do with eating bacon?
    4. Toxins. A pig's body contains many toxins because they are bottom dwellers meaning they eat food which is devoid of nutrition (pig slop). They eat the left over junk and some pigs eat their own feces. These animals store massive amounts of toxins in their fat, which is then passed on to you if you eat it.
    Where's the clinical evidence to support this hogwash?
    5. Pigs live in filth. Pigs roll around and live their lives in filth, mud, and feces. Pigs are like garbage disposals eating up every nasty thing they can find.
    Good thing hydrochloric acid takes care of this.
    6. Influenza. Pigs carry a mutated influenza virus in their lungs which has been passed on to humans through consumption.
    Lol, you have a much, much, much higher chance of catching the flu from a person than from eating pig.:laugh:
    7. One of the biggest concerns with eating pork meat is trichinellosis or trichinosis. This is an infection that humans get from eating undercooked or uncooked pork that contains the larvae of the trichinella worm.
    Easily fixed by cooking your pork.:laugh:
    This worm parasite is very commonly found in pork. When the worm, most often living in cysts in the stomach, opens through stomach acids, its larvae are released into the body of the pig. These new worms make their homes in the muscles of the pig. Next stop? The unknowing human body who consumes this infected meat flesh. And while no one particularly wants to consume worms, trichinellosis is a serious illness that you should do virtually anything to avoid.
    Based on how many actual cases there are a year in the US, this isn't really a concern. If it is, then either make sure pork is thoroughly cooked or freeze pork at subzero temperature for 3 or 4 days to kill them. Really scare mongering is usually a tactic used by vegans. So I'm assuming you are a vegan.

IDEA Fitness member
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    If I were going to worry about filthy food, I'd worry about raw veggies, which are nourished with manure (cow, horse and maybe even pig), worm excrement, guano (urine and feces from birds and bats) and who knows what else ... and yes, I'm talking about "organically-grown" veggies.