Anyone Else Single for V-day?

Options

Replies

• freshvl
    freshvl Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    yep, another year alone, although i did have a partner and started planning it from before we broke up, so a little over receiving jewellery and things in the post from overseas that will now just go in a box at the back of the cupboard
  • gabegrammy
    gabegrammy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    might as well be. I work at an Italian restaurant making this very romantic for others, while my husband does nothing for me...
    ok well for my birthday he bought me a fire pit, that still sits in the livingroom, in the box waiting to be assembled. Valentine's day is not my favorite time of year.
  • missmince
    missmince Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite xkcd is about the horrors of actually being in a relationship on valentine's day.
    http://xkcd.com/1016/
    I've never actually stapled my hand to my face, but I never know what to do.
  • msjudyms
    msjudyms Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too have been single for many V Days so you are not alone at all!
  • tehbasketcasey
    Options
    I'm not single, but my boyfriend and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day. It's just an excuse to market chocolates, jewelry and flowers to people. No thanks. So, if you're feeling sad, just remember that Valentine's Day is a holiday made up by corporations to make them wealthier, and you more insecure.
  • Kit_Kat76
    Kit_Kat76 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes, been single for Vday for years. That's okay though, I have a night of volleyball planned and off to the pub for a little socializing!
  • jferris91
    jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Yea I will be single once again....
  • TerresaJ
    TerresaJ Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Single....but I have some AMAZING friends! :heart: :smile:
  • Dr_Dustin
    Options
    Doomsday.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Yup me too. And to top it off, I have to commute to a training (~75 mi round trip) so it'll take me forever to get home. Plan to workout in the AM, and wear something pink. The pink thing isn't really a surprise. I wear pink all the time. LOL.

Maybe I'll watch a movie. And have some treats....
  • seendie
    seendie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yep! The last two years I was in a relationship and he didn't even bring up the fact that it was Valentine's Day the first year and last year we were supposed to have lunch together and he "overslept and forgot". So this year, I'm getting dressed up and taking myself out!! And I can't wait! :) I'm not ashamed or embarrassed - I'm going to my favorite restaurant and sitting by myself and I'm gonna enjoy it :)

Way to go have a fantastic time, and Happy Valentine!!!
  • stephaniep12345mfp
    stephaniep12345mfp Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm not single, but my boyfriend and I don't celebrate Valentine's Day. It's just an excuse to market chocolates, jewelry and flowers to people. No thanks. So, if you're feeling sad, just remember that Valentine's Day is a holiday made up by corporations to make them wealthier, and you more insecure.

**THIS!!!**
  • mbarryteach
    mbarryteach Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I feel for all of you!! After being a single mom for TEN years this is the first Valentine's Day that I have someone. (Ohh and we are celebrating :p )
  • jferris91
    jferris91 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Im with ya! I will be working off all the chocolate covered strawberries I buy myself as a Valentines gift! :)

How are you single your BEAUTIFUL!
  • Mons16
    Mons16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Single too!!

"Love yourself"...gonna hit the gym hard.

:D
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    my kids are going out of state with their grandparents so I will have the house to myself and will be working my booty off.
  • carmenreed23
    Options
    I am indepently-owned and operated! :)

34859082.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Happy Valentines Day!
  • losingweightfindingme
    Options
    Single girl here! I bought myself a heart rate monitor for Valentine's Day (bought it a couple days ago...because I work on v-Day). Was thinking of picking up a piece of jewelry for myself as well as a bouquet of flowers. No chocolate though...as i gave up chocolate, ice cream, soda, and sex for lent. The sex will be the easiest one for me to not cave on. Sad. lol
  • mains_adam25
    mains_adam25 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    single here and going out with some single friends to the bar