what is your reward?

Options
1235»

Replies

• n_gal87
    n_gal87 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! If I had a great workout I'd reward myself with a dessert, if I ate healthy all day I'd reward myself with takeout for dinner...no wonder I wasn't loosing! Every time I get the urge now I just ask myself what the bigger reward is a brownie, cookie, cupcake whatever or goal weight?

I don't choose my rewards in advance, but I try to make them workout clothes to keep myself motivated. Nothing keeps me interested in going to the gym like new sneakers!
  • goldied01
    goldied01 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted an old Volkswagen Bug (convertible). My husband told me he would buy me one if I lost 60lbs, several years ago.
    I'm almost half way there. Only thing, I don't know where he'll get the money from. But, I can dream......:flowerforyou:
  • sharris215
    sharris215 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I started reading this thread to find new ways to motivate myself and you guys are all so inspiring! Thanks for all your openness and support. :smile:

That said, I'm loving the "tip jar" idea. Money is definitely something that will work for me to hold myself accountable so I can add to it daily for working out and meeting my calorie goals, and add a little more when I meet a fitness milestone. And with this money, I will either buy shoes or take a trip somewhere (Iceland, Japan, and Thailand are next on my list).
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to be in the military. I have about 75lbs to go to get to the correct weight to be considered. Once I am there, I get to go to the USMC recruiter's station. My reward is a chance, as they are being more selective these days, but I believe that it's still worth it.

If I was a recruiter for any military, if someone were to come up to me and tell me that they had lost 150lbs so that they could join my service and step into my shoes, I'd do everything I can for them.

:flowerforyou: Good luck on your journey! I'm sure they would be lucky to have someone so determined!

I like the money jar idea too! Might have to try that one!
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Hi nikibob,

I haven't really given the question much consideration because I felt that there is nothing more valuable than the increased health and fitness achieved. If I get down to my goal weight with the aid of a healthy balanced diet and my cardio & strength regime I will have achieved a major lifestyle goal. It will be the first time since I got married in 1996 that I will both down to my goal weight and very fit and healthy. The health benefits for me will be lower blood pressure and cholesterol, lower risk of cardio-vascular disease inc. stroke, some cancers and type-II diabetes. I also anticipate to have more energy, greater cognitive capacity and happier. It will also mean a great deal to me that it is something that my family supports and wishes for me and they appreciate my efforts.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • carleylouise
    Options
    My boyfriend knows how much I want these two things badly. I want to lose 4 stone by October/November this year. I also want to go to New York. So my boyfriend being the loving person that he is, has told me that if I can lose the 4 stone by October we will spend Christmas in New York!! How AMAZING! this has motivated me SO much and since Monday I have lost 2lbs already!!! I am the biggest lover of junk food so this is going to be a long hard road but hey if I want to go to the only place I've ever wished of going to then this weight will be flying off! Watch this space.... or my ticker!! haha

Add me if you like and we will keep each other motivated! xx
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I think when i get to my goal weight I'll have this little lady Hippo tattooed on me to remind me of who is always just jogging along behind me!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    Options
    When I get to my goal weight, I'm buying myself a sexy dress, some slutty heels, and hitting the bars :smokin:
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    i got a personal shopper and got a new capsule wardrobe when i hit my goal because i had changed shape and wasn't sure what hit me

i spent about £400 but i had gone from a uk 16/18 to a Uk 10/12 (2 trousers 3 dresses jacket jewelry and 4 tops all mix and matchableand a pair of boots)
    up to that point i had been altering old clothes but there is only so much you can do and when the pockets start meeting at the back ...

I came out feeling like i had been to see Gok Wan the shoppper told me i did have the butt for skinny jeans ( and the legs) and i love wearing my new clothes.
  • nikibob
    nikibob Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I've always wanted to be in the military. I have about 75lbs to go to get to the correct weight to be considered. Once I am there, I get to go to the USMC recruiter's station. My reward is a chance, as they are being more selective these days, but I believe that it's still worth it.

If I was a recruiter for any military, if someone were to come up to me and tell me that they had lost 150lbs so that they could join my service and step into my shoes, I'd do everything I can for them.

that's amazing! love your dedication and appreciate your want to serve! i have a lot of family in the military and i am proud of anyone who would even want to choose that lifestyle so bravo to you!
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    my family would be pissed too if i got a tattoo but its going to be for me and its a reminder that i lost the weight and i will not put it back on

Exactly how I feel. Have you seen an overweight heavily tattooed guy? Not a great look. I use my tattoos as a reward for hitting golas and it makes me work to keep the weight off.
  • nikibob
    nikibob Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have lost 71 lbs to date. I like to reward my achievements by doing something that I have never tried and never would have dared to do.
    At 10 lbs I signed up and did a 5K!!
    At 20 lbs I found a local Zumba class and went and joined it that night by myself and have gone 3 times a week since.
    At 30 lbs I found a local hiking class, joined and love it.
    At 50 lbs I went hot air ballooning with my bf
    At 70 lbs I bought an elliptical machine (always wanted one :) )
    At goal weight I will be going skydiving and getting a new tattoo to signify

Always get some part of new gym clothes, even if it is just a new pair of shoes as it sure makes it more fun to go try them out!

i love all your rewards! this is such a great idea and way to experience new things.
  • Gjallarhorn
    Options
    that's amazing! love your dedication and appreciate your want to serve! i have a lot of family in the military and i am proud of anyone who would even want to choose that lifestyle so bravo to you!
    Thank you for your kind words and encouragement.
  • aa62579
    Options
    At 20lbs, I got a sodastream and a lb of Burton Water Salts. Not for making soda (regular or diet), but for making my own sparkling mineral water. I keep it at work and make 2L a day in it. The rest of my liquid is plain water, coffee, tea, or ACV/honey. It really keeps me motivated to drink more water and so that I sleep better, I need to have most of it consumed before 5pm.

When I get below 200 (43lbs lost), I plan on visiting my sister and doing a bit of clothing shopping with her. Maybe getting my hair cut.

When I get to my goal weight (75lbs lost), I'd love for hubby and I to be able to take a short vacation that maybe involved some hiking, but just not sure the money will be there. I'll find something though!

I don't "reward" myself with food any more, but I do try to balance things out. If I know I am going to be eating heavier at a certain meal, I try to save some calories from my other meals or do some extra exercise.