women who carry their weight in the midsection?!

Options

Replies

• LisaMia66
    Options
    Definition in the abs takes work, but is possible. I am sure some women have the muscle structure to do it and I know I've seen women with six packs in other posts. I'm getting close to having that definition, but it has been a battle against the BF%. I don't know how much more I will work to drop the last 2-3% to get me to goal. The difference in the photos is 143 lbs to 127 lbs and close to 10% body fat lost.

3b1976f4-f37e-48a1-ad81-0d965c21321e_zps14491bbf.jpg

edit to say I seem to have a perma-scowl in all my pics. I can't seem to hit the button and smile at the same time :smile:
    Getting "close"? Girl! You ARE THERE! You look great!
  • beanaj
    beanaj Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Go gluten and sugar free for awhile, you'll notice a big difference in this area. Then slowly add these items back into your diet (IF you want).
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Go gluten and sugar free for awhile, you'll notice a big difference in this area. Then slowly add these items back into your diet (IF you want).

does this include natural sugars like fruit as well??
  • Tootce01
    Tootce01 Posts: 184
    Options

does this include natural sugars like fruit as well??

I'm curious about natural fruits as well!!
  • vleebow
    vleebow Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The best "belly blasting" exercises, are sprinting and/or sprinting bleachers or hills, in increments. I PROMISE this will work. I've been doing this for the past 4 weeks and CAN NOT believe how flat my tummy is, along with my hips and butt. I carry a lot of weight on my butt, but I'm going to just keep at it until it melts away. LOL. Plus, I'm going to start incorporating weights with my lunge and squat exercises. Also, you'd be surprised to know that you burn more calories and fat, in a shorter amount of time with sprinting, than you do with running or other aerobic types of exercises. Basically, you get more bang for your buck.

Here's a good article to read regarding sprinting and fat loss: http://www.naturalnews.com/035969_fat_burning_exercise_sprinting.html

Good luck! ;-)

- Vivian
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    That is where I carry the bulk of my weight as well. It's the first place I gain weight, but I've also noticed that since most of my weight settles in that area it tends to be the place that I'm losing weight as well, that's just seems to be a slower process than gaining it all was. =/ I did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and I noticed a considerable difference in that area. I think interval or circuit training is probably one of the best ways to lose weight in that area. Sadly, doing a bazillion crunches or sit-ups isn't going to do a thing for you if you don't incorporate cardio and other strength training to help lose the fat that's on top of those ab muscles. Good luck and stick with it because, while the results might be slow, they are definitely worth it!
  • Shaansmum
    Shaansmum Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You look amazing , how did you get to the after??
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4" like you, and i carry my weight in my midsection as well. i'll be 34 this year and i've lost 60lbs over the past 1.5-2 years. even though i didn't start counting calories until about 6 months ago, diet is a big part of getting results. i had read in several places that people who store weight in their bellies tend to be particularly sensitive to sugars and carbs. this made sense to me seeing as a lot of people in my family are diabetic. i figured i wanted to avoid diabetes anyway so i may as well cut back on that stuff. i started swapping out white bread for whole grains, white rice for brown or wild rice, daily chocolate binges for fresh fruit. i'm not super strict like some people are - i let myself eat somewhat freely on the weekends and whenever i do have something like white rice i just eat less of it. i also do boot camp three days a week and occasionally go jogging. i find that working out really makes a huge difference when losing weight. i'm still soft from the extra fat i need to lose, but i'm not super "loose" and jiggly. i started at 215lbs and now i'm 155lbs.

b&a2.jpg
  • pagnostic
    Options
    I have the same problem. I need to look into this 30DS thing.
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I liked seeing this straightforward routine and I'm going to try it out :-) What's a body hold? and could you describe leg lifts?

Thanks!
    I got a 6 pack by doing this routine once ever day

Grab a 5lb medicine ball

crunches (start flat on floor legs at 90 degree angle, finish when elbows touch knees) 3x 15reps
    body hold 3x 1min
    leg lifts 3x 20reps
    fluter kicks 3x 30

increase as you build your indurance. When I got to the 6 pack I had a V cut and I was able to do 4x25reps and flutter kicks i could do 4x60

Youll get there!!!
  • nationallazer
    Options
    way to go you look great!
  • nationallazer
    Options
    way to go you look wonderful!
  • kegbail
    Options
    Thanks for the progress pictures....it helps motivate me! I am a work in progress as I started at 193 and hope to get down to 140. I am 5' 6.5" . I'll have to post in a few months as I too start to lose around my middle. My WORST place for carrying weight.
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    I sadly was at my heaviest 346.4 and only 5'4" so I understand that and all my weight was in my middle. I hurt my knee at a wedding and started the exercise bike. That cut a lot of my weight out of my middle. I eventually added walking, the gym, \and crunches. I now fight loose skin and still a little fat in my middle. It is frustrating :(
  • adm603
    adm603 Posts: 48
    Options
    I am 5'2 and after 2 kiddos I carry a lot in the middle. I did 30 Day Shred and that helped me to lose some inches and get stronger. I just started Jillian Michaels Killer Abs and after Day 1 I was sore. She found muscles I haven't used ever :) The next day I did my cycling and went back at it last night. I feel good today and think I can now try everyday again. It is a 30 minute workout and it really centers on your core. $9.99 at Walmart or you can find ot online. Good Luck!!
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I find that just my walking is taking the stomach, hip and thighs areas down. it is a very easy way to lose in those areas for me.
  • kkaci5
    kkaci5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    All my weight is between my neck and hips -- and it's coming off MORE there than anywhere else (I've been measuring inches, and I'm down about four inches now in my waist, and only half an inch in the bust :-) ). I've been doing MFP -- MFP set me at 1470 calories -- AND doing around 30 minutes daily cardio or combo cardio/hand weights (low impact aerobics/toning -- mostly Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds DVD's). I eat back my exercise calories for the most part.

Forgot to mention that I'm already gluten-free (12 years) -- but now also trying to eat lower off the glycemic index as well.

Started in January.
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Maybe ill try the sugar and gluten free diet....
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I hate my stomach with all my heart. I look about 6 months pregnant, not cute. I have tried everything but haven’t been consistent and that is what I am working on now. Currently I have been doing the low carb diet. just staying away from white carbs and added sugar. I even look for fruits that has low sugar. Which is mainly berries. I have cut out all sodas, even diet. I don’t drink anything that has fizz. Now I have only been doing this for a week but I did lose 1.6lbs. my stomach is definitely going down. For workouts I have been doing Insantiy and Les Mills Pump. I love insanity because it feels like every move you do is really using your core. Plus the Insanity Cardio Abs doesn’t make you do any crunches. I hate crunches.
  • lauraaryan1985
    lauraaryan1985 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4" like you, and i carry my weight in my midsection as well. i'll be 34 this year and i've lost 60lbs over the past 1.5-2 years. even though i didn't start counting calories until about 6 months ago, diet is a big part of getting results. i had read in several places that people who store weight in their bellies tend to be particularly sensitive to sugars and carbs. this made sense to me seeing as a lot of people in my family are diabetic. i figured i wanted to avoid diabetes anyway so i may as well cut back on that stuff. i started swapping out white bread for whole grains, white rice for brown or wild rice, daily chocolate binges for fresh fruit. i'm not super strict like some people are - i let myself eat somewhat freely on the weekends and whenever i do have something like white rice i just eat less of it. i also do boot camp three days a week and occasionally go jogging. i find that working out really makes a huge difference when losing weight. i'm still soft from the extra fat i need to lose, but i'm not super "loose" and jiggly. i started at 215lbs and now i'm 155lbs.

b&a2.jpg

You look younger and fresher... amazing effort well done! Im heavier than you are and my goal is 147-150 I just hope i have same success as you! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!