Bacon (to eat or not to eat)

Options

Replies

• elh1976
    Options
    Bacon lovers..... UNITE!!! I loved reading all of these responses! So glad to see so many others believe int he healing powers of bacon.... it makes everything better! ;)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I didn't know pork was red meat! I have so much to learn about eating healthy.

Pork is "the other white meat." Nope, not red meat. That's the food police talking. :laugh:

Actually, calling pork white meat is the advertisers talking. According to the USDA meat that is red when raw is red meat, even if it turns white when cooked. White meat are meats that are light when raw like turkey and chicken. Some poultry, such as duck, is also red meat.

So all meat is red, if you believe that nonsense. :laugh:

This is what comes of believing the USDA! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

According to some nutrition groups all land animal flesh is red meat, including chicken. But it's just semantics. Advertisers for the pork counsel (or whatever it's called) started advertising pork as white meat when the recommendation to eat more white, and less red, meat became popular. Before that, pork was always red meat.
  • ottovonOstrovo
    Options
    Have you tried Canadian bacon, it has a lot less fat and a lot better taste.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I've surpassed my weight loss goal and eat bacon 4-5x a week. Obviously there's issues beyond calories (like fat levels and types of fat) but I have had no issues from it.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Canadian bacon, it has a lot less fat and a lot better taste.

Canadian bacon isn't.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    It has a carcinogen in it so I rarely eat it.

You can supposedly find it without that carcinogen, but I have yet to see it on my local store shelf. Trader Joe's maybe?
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I eat bacon very regularly. Not even a low sodium one. It's fine... Eat up!
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Think about it. You're trying to lose fat. But you're eating someone else's fat (a dead pig's).

So yeah, go ahead and eat it but ultimately it will help you stay fat...if that's what you're looking to do....

Nope, eating more calories than you burn makes you fat. Not fat. Especially not tasty bacon fat.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I like my bacon in big bits, with the skin on, deep fried.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGiJ2-k-xcqReOwQCRxtvmr-0W2YZnkeBWwV0E236yL1MQyzODpg
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    bacon is amazing. eat
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    EAT THAT ****.
  • BlazingJaya
    BlazingJaya Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    In the UK you can buy bacon medallions which have all of the rind and excess fat removed. Still tastes damn delicious when grilled and served with eggs and mushrooms and some low fat sausages :D

Eat the bacon. Honestly, its yummy!
  • Getyourshineon
    Options
    Love my BACON!!!!!! Just stay away from the chocolate covered bacon.. .not so good for you, lol!!
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    eat
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    285222_512288952170515_504641797_n.jpg
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    this is not a real question, right? It was a troll thread, right?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    5. Pigs live in filth. Pigs roll around and live their lives in filth, mud, and feces. Pigs are like garbage disposals eating up every nasty thing they can find.

This is NOT true. Pigs are the smartest animal on the farm. While an idiot cow will walk right through it's own feces, a pig makes a "bathroom" of sorts downwind so they don't smell it when they eat.

Even if it were true, why would that necessarily make their meat bad? Their guts process food same as ours does. It's not as if you are eating what they eat or rolled in when eat pig flesh. And I'm sure they wash any filth off before frying up the yummy pork rinds. :wink:

Good point, but I *LOATHE* hearing people say this about pigs when nothing could be further from the truth.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    285222_512288952170515_504641797_n.jpg

That one is too cute to eat, I vote we save it.
  • Onemoodycuss
    Onemoodycuss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    You will pry the bacon out of my cold dead hands.
    ^^^^^^^
    And the. I'll lick my palms. Yeah I'll be a zombie, but bacon's worth coming back for.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Not eating bacon is just plain bad. True story.