URGENT PLEASE

Options

Replies

• alexandrastaines
    Options
    I've already replied in response to this. I don't think 1 kilos or 2 pounds a week is THAT much. If I'm eating healthy and exercising there's no problem with that! It's not an unhealthy routine and it's too loose my bulk weight. Then I can cut down on cardio.

Before I started eating healthy I ate a lot less then 1200,and I find it difficult to get to that at the moment? There's really not that much 'tourture' with eating as much yummy healthy food as I want while staying in my calorie intake allowance...

You are correct that 2 pounds a week is not that out there. It really not. But you really need to understand BMR and TDEE. If you eat to low for to long then your body will start to compensate and hold on to any and all sources of energy that it can. (fat) Your body needs to know it will be getting it's energy from food or it will not burn the fat.

If you really want to do this the right way and make it last long term then eat 20-30 percent below your TDEE (At least eat at your BMR). And then really amp up the excercise.

So does that mean if I'm full, I have to keep eating? <-- serious questions haha! Because people say that 1200 is too low, and yes it does sound low, but honestly I struggle getting to that amount (because I get too full).

It may sound like i am being hard or i don't get it but i do. My wife is 4'10''. Her BMR is 1408. She strugles to get to 1200 very often. I know it sounds like a challenge but YES. If you are not at 1200 calories then you should eat more. However this does not mean go and eat when you are not hungry. It means that you should eat more calorie dense foods, or just larger portions, when you are hungry. You have likely conditioned your body to be used to eating lower calories. My wife went through all of this.

My BMR is 1464.1 - yes it makes it hard, I sympathise with your wife! haha - gotcha :) Thanks for all the help today!

Just add litle bits of whatever to make each meal a little more of a calorie punch. PB is always good. Feel free to add my wife if you want. (stormygirl_82)

PB is too good! I admire people that don't eat the whole tub...I just binge on it if it's in the house - but other things should do the trick!
    Thanks, I will :)
  • alexandrastaines
    Options
    I really want to loose 12 kilos! (26 pounds) in three months...do you think it's possible if by doing cardio for 2 hours a day , 6 days a week and staying under 1200 calories that that will happen in just three months? If not, what else can I do!

Any tips?

I think its totally possible. you will really have to eat clean and work out religiously but it can be done. I have done so since Thanksgiving week. I should also say that it has to do with where you are starting. If you are smaller already, it will be more difficult.

I have been going to the gym four days a week. I alternate my weights workout each time I go. I do about an hour of weights and then 1 hour of cardio. My cardio of choice is Zumba. On Saturdays, I do two hours of Zumba.

I would say find a workout that works for you and that you can stick with and it can happen.

Thanks! At school we have an instructor come in twice a week for an hour and we can do stuff like boxing, yoga, zumba - all that stuff so it's great to have that extra bit of cardio that I defiantly do enjoy!
  • Makeda1211
    Makeda1211 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I really want to loose 12 kilos! (26 pounds) in three months...do you think it's possible if by doing cardio for 2 hours a day , 6 days a week and staying under 1200 calories that that will happen in just three months? If not, what else can I do!

Any tips?

I think its totally possible. you will really have to eat clean and work out religiously but it can be done. I have done so since Thanksgiving week. I should also say that it has to do with where you are starting. If you are smaller already, it will be more difficult.

I have been going to the gym four days a week. I alternate my weights workout each time I go. I do about an hour of weights and then 1 hour of cardio. My cardio of choice is Zumba. On Saturdays, I do two hours of Zumba.

I would say find a workout that works for you and that you can stick with and it can happen.

Thanks! At school we have an instructor come in twice a week for an hour and we can do stuff like boxing, yoga, zumba - all that stuff so it's great to have that extra bit of cardio that I defiantly do enjoy!

One last thing. You will probably need to eat more than just the 1200 calories to see a marked difference. I can tell you that I was doing the eating less than 1200 calories and didn't see the real difference in the scale until I started eating a bit more. I don't mean that you need to eat back all of the calories you burn during exercise but I will say that you already have a deficit built in on MFP. You will need those calories to sustain any muscle you hope to build during this journey. Once you start seeing the muscle then you will notice that the weight will start to fall off. The body needs to burn more calories to sustain muscle in the body. Just a thought and good luck.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    1200 calories is not enough to sustain that much exercise. You will go into starvation mode and start gaining weight.

You cn reach your goal, but you need to do it properly. Have your settings set to lose 2 lbs a week. It will give you a daily goal. You need to reach that daily intake goal, or be close to it. You must also remember to log your exersise. Your daily calorie goal will increase based on calorie burned. You must still reach it or come close.

I know from experience. I gained 6 pounds in a week even though I was 100-700 calories in the grean each day. My body was starving. It took me three weeks to reset my body. Staying around 100 green - 100 red I have been able to start losing again.
    "Starvation mode" doesn't occur in women until they're <10% body fat. A slight decrease in BMR can occur after prolonged periods of extreme caloric deficits but never enough to stop weight loss. For example, cutting your BMR in half would cause a metabolic decrease of about -10% which would still leave a -40% deficit.
  • ellenkilpatrick
    ellenkilpatrick Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    how did you lose so much so quickly??? and congrats!!!! that is awesome
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I lost 15 pounds in one month doing 30 Day Shred and being very good with logging and my diet. Then I lost another 22 pounds in 3 months doing Body Revolution and staying dedicated to MFP logging and measuring my food. So YES it's possible but you will have to work for it.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options

Any tips?

This isnt unrealistic persay - but you will burn out doing 2 hours of cardio a day for 3 months at 6 days a week

Your body is going to adjust to that routine fairly quickly - more important to be consistent. that being said 26 lbs in 3 months isn't unheard of - but just dont be discouraged if you dont hit that mark in 12 weeks
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    yes you plan is do able. but you'll lose a lot of lean body mass in the process, so when you are done you be skinny fat and perfectly poised to gain it all back and more.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is not enough to sustain that much exercise. You will go into starvation mode and start gaining weight.

You cn reach your goal, but you need to do it properly. Have your settings set to lose 2 lbs a week. It will give you a daily goal. You need to reach that daily intake goal, or be close to it. You must also remember to log your exersise. Your daily calorie goal will increase based on calorie burned. You must still reach it or come close.

I know from experience. I gained 6 pounds in a week even though I was 100-700 calories in the grean each day. My body was starving. It took me three weeks to reset my body. Staying around 100 green - 100 red I have been able to start losing again.
    "Starvation mode" doesn't occur in women until they're <10% body fat. A slight decrease in BMR can occur after prolonged periods of extreme caloric deficits but never enough to stop weight loss. For example, cutting your BMR in half would cause a metabolic decrease of about -10% which would still leave a -40% deficit.

I'm not sure why people think you can't go into starvation mode unless you are already at a low body fat percentage when it has been disproved both in rigorous scientific studies on metabolism and anecdotally.
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options

I agree with this a lot - people hype up 'starvation mode' way to much. I dunno how people are defining starvation mode but like the above poster said general around <10% bodyfat in females is when the body begins to hit things like amenorrhea, changes in hair, etc. Most people are just hitting decreased BMR and calling it starvation
  • jodyjustice
    Options
    I did not look through all the post but I can say for sure your goal totally depends on your current weight. Do you have that much weight that you actually to loose? IF you are actually that overweight, then the answer is yes. I have seen girls do it in my zumba class. If you are already fit and do not have that much to loose, then no way, no matter what you do. AND BTW I have never know anyone that has had any difficulty consuming 1200 calories a day- Just saying.... Not trying to be negative, but I do have lots of experience in diet, exercise, and weight loss.
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    lift weights too!

You'll lose a lot more with lifting!

And I think it is possible, thats about 5 lbs/month or 1 lb/week

And make sure to eat back your exercise calories
  • blanhe2
    Options
    No it won't, because you need to eat your exercise calories. 1200 cals if for just existing, not for exercising.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    did any of you people actually look at her profile? She's only 137 lbs and she expects to lose 26 more in 3 months.

This is highly unrealistic, and if you manage to do it, it won't be in a healthy manner, and you probably won't like the result when you're done.
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Some examples of how it's realistic please, that's about a kilo a week...

I'm guessing a lot of posters didn't bother to look at her profile or how much total she wants to lose. The poster wants to lose 26lbs totals... to reach her goal weight. SHe is already less than 140lbs now.

Healthy weight loss is up to 2lbs per week... so about a kilo.

You want to reach your goal weight in that time frame. If you were heavier than you are you would most likely be able to reach that goal but not when you don't have a lot to lose.

Exercising, eating less than 1200 calories will result in muscle loss. Less muscle means a lower metabolism. Less muscle means more prone to injury. Less muscle means looking and being bigger than what the weight on the scale says... ever heard of the term skinny fat. When you crash diet (which is your plan, exercising two hours a day and eating less than 1200 calories) you are just harming your body. Keep in mind, your body needs a certain amount of calories just to function ... which is more than 1200 calories.

Don't rush it. You will do more harm than good.

2 hours of cardio a day is overkill. You risk injury, burnout, and extreme muscle loss... don't forget, your heart is a muscle.

Why the rush? Sure, you may get to your goal weight in three months but you will not be happy with your results. You will most likely end up pale, malnurished, losing hair, burnt out, injured and lacking muscle.

Do it the healthy way... don't rush. It's not worth the impact to your health.

Seriously, don't listen to the posters who are telling you it's possible. It is unhealthy.
  • rmeans09
    Options
    The best thing to do is eat tons of vegies/fruit, limit processed foods and drink water. If you do these things and stay active your body will get down to the healthy weight for you. Quick crash dieting never works in the long run because your body needs calories to be efficient. I hope you reach a point where you are healthy and happy, as that is the goal for everyone on here.
  • jodyjustice
    Options
    Yep JJSobey is right on it! I did not look at her profile but I agree 100% . This thread can no longer be taken seriously...
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options

And gee I agree! It's my personal business, thanks! :)

I think the reason people might be so curious is two fold. First, you made your topic title "URGENT PLEASE" and second, they are honestly concerned and want to help.

I've learned here that if I ask a question I need to be ready for all the responses even if I don't like them. It why there are forums and so many people with so many opinions.

just my 2 cents

Good luck..... :smile:
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    According to your profile, you are currently 137 pounds and want to get to 110 pounds. Losing all of this weight in 3 months is unrealistic. Your plan involves losing 1.5% of your total body weight per week! It can be done, yes, but most likely it will not be healthy for you. And also this just sets you up to gain it all back. My advice would be to do it safely and slowly at something like a half a pound a week. This way you will be making healthy and safe lifestyle changes that you will be able to continue doing after 3 months.

If you are going to persist on trying for this goal in this short period of time, please make sure to eat back those exercise calories. With as much cardio as you plan on doing, your body needs fuel to do it.

And just an aside...if you are going to post something like this on a public forum, people are going to ask questions (like why in the world do you want to lose this much, this quickly). Yes, it might be none of their business and you might want to evade the answer, but don't use a public forum then to get advice.

Good luck.
  • susiepet
    Options
    Hi - I looked at your profile. You're in the healthy weight range for your height so trying to lose 26 lbs will be tough, especially in such a short time. Try to eat at least 1500 calories a day of good stuff and exercise moderately most days and "strenuously" maybe two - three times a week. Remember that incidental exercise (like walk rather than get in a car) is really important too.
    And who cares what boys think - if they think you're fat when you're patently not then they're not worth your attention either now or in the future - don't wait until you're middle aged (like me) before you have pride in yourself.

Take care