What's the worst part of your job?

Options

Replies

• missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I am very new at my current job, so I'm enjoying what I'm doing, but sometimes I feel overwhelmed by how much I need to learn. I'd love to be a midwife rather than a desk jockey, but I can't afford to give up working and go back to university for three years to do the degree course.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Downtime. Hate hate hate downtime. I'd rather be slammed with work.

This!!!! I find I am easily distracted (as noted by the fact Im answering this while at work) if there isnt enough work in my office to hold my attention.
  • cmpollard01
    Options
    That I have to talk to a lot of inept people. That I am so efficient I am counted on to do about 50 things, when I'm only paid for one.

I feel the EXACT same way. Why can everyone else get away with being so...ignorant? There's no accountability or consequenses for 90% of the people around here, but when it comes to my boss and I, everything better be PERFECT! I literally feel ill driving to work everyday lately...
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    The environment. It's open space and sometimes I'd like a little more privacy.
  • allisonlane61
    allisonlane61 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have a frigging GREAT job, nearly everything about it--except I spend hours and hours in front of a computer monitor, which, due to worsening posture from it, resulted in knots in my back/shoulders and reduced range of motion for my neck. Now it's taking me a personal trainer and massage therapist to start getting rid of the knots. The range of motion has improved tremendously, pain is much better, but I spend the day in front of the screen telling myself, "Keep your shoulders down and back."

But seriously, I am blessed to have this job.
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My least favorite thing about my job is that I feel underutilized, it just sucks when you know you're not being who you can be, I feel capable of so much more! But I have a job, so I'm happy. I feel bad for those who cannot find one, I know it's hard!
  • nzs110b
    nzs110b Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Dealing with people (customers). It's amazing what someone just expects you to do for them no questions asked. Or, when they are really upset and expect you to change the world for them. If you are nice to me, I can do lots, if you are rude, you can leave.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    The work
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Getting up at 3:30 am to beat the traffic...other than that, I love my job :)

Lord how far is your commute?

My commute is only 27 miles but if I worked the normal 9-5, it would probably take me 2 hours to get to work...I start work at 6:00 am...usually get here around 5:45 :)

You sound like you live in Northern Virginia. When I lived 12 miles outside of DC it would take me 1.5 hours on average to get to work. Most of my coworkers get up at 3:30 like you do. I moved into the city and walk to work now, and life is so much better. :)

I live in Southern Maryland and work in DC...it took me 1 1/2 hours to get home yesterday...ugggghhhh...I couldn't live in the city though...I love being on 3 acres with trees :)

Haha, I knew it had to be the DC suburbs. Traffic makes me insane, and I actually prefer my teeny tiny city house to a big one, so I'm very happy with the city lifestyle. But I grew up on 3 acres and I do agree that it's nice!
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    The worst part of my job is I am alienated because I eat healthy and try to get fit. Most of the ladies here eat what they want and have a bit of an weight issue. I don't talk to them about fitness, I just don't eat what they offer, cake, cookies, etc... then I state I am trying to work on my fitness goals. I can't just eat a little, I am gonna keep going back for more.
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Running my own pet spa has a lot of perks. Dealing with the animals is always the amazing part of the job, the crabby people is always the worst part. Or customers who bring in their dogs that are so filthy, matted and in dirty condition, the poor dogs!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Our members. In this industry of real estate, some are awesome, some are just lazy, some don;t work very hard and do business but at least HALF are greedy, unethical, lying *kitten* who think the world revolves around them.

My boss is great, she and I are the only two in the office and I work alone often. It's very laid back, I get good vacation time, get to travel for work once a year and make good money. If it weren't for those things, I couldn't handle this industry.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Newest/youngest attorney at the firm = 80+ hour work weeks for me! (The best is when a partner will come to me just before a holiday, e.g., Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc., and say, "Oh, can you just pound out this quick motion for me? Thanks." Sure boss...that should only take...what...the whole Christmas break?) #bottomofthetotempole #bestbelievei'mbillingthe****outofthis
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    When the hogs get out :)

Holy moly...your abs are awesome. Advise me, please! :)

People...do yourselves a favor today and check out BoatReadyBody's abs.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    poop...literally. People bring me their poo.

:laugh: I love my job at the animal hospital ..... but I test doggy/kitty poop for "bugs" ....,, and sometimes have to mop messes up off the lobby floor :laugh:
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    My best isn't good enough, I get screamed at a lot, I clean up everyone else's messes, and I don't get paid.
  • thrashrn
    Options
    poop, puke, and loogies
  • yrollamm
    Options
    I am a manager at McDonalds....so everything is the worst part. Haha.

But for reals, dealing with the public. For someone who loathes everyone as much as I do, I'm surprised I've lasted this long without cutting someone.

I've always said...."If you want to feel good about your own intellegence...work with the general public for one day!"
  • Eneelu
    Eneelu Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    the worst part of about my job is having to deal day in and out with people that "want" to work, but when you call them to go to work, they have every reason why they can't.

I totally agree with this one. It's absolutly frustating.
  • MadMacMom0309
    MadMacMom0309 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Having to drive to work everyday just hits my core on all levels. It's absolutely assinine. I can work from any computer in the world. I don't know why they continue to insist that people need to drive everyday. It's so freaking stupid. I just can't wrap my head around it at all.

I am in the same boat. It is very frustrating. I was told that our President didn't trust people to work on their own but not to take that personally. If he only knew how much time is being wasted in the office!