4 WEEKS DIETING AND HAVEN'T LOST 1 POUND !!!

Options
I AM 25 5'6 CURRENTLY 160.5. I AM TRYING TO LOSE AT LEAST 20 POUNDS. I HAVE BEEN DIETING FOR 4 WEEKS AS OF TODAY AND NOTHING !!!!!! I AM SO FRUSTRATED. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE LOOK INTO MY FOOD DIARY AND TELL ME WHAT IT IS I COULD CHANGE. I WAS EVEN SICK WITH THE FLU LAST WEEKEND AND DIDN'T EVEN LOSE THEN. I KNOW PEOPLE SAY THAT THE LESS WEIGHT YOU HAVE TO LOSE THE HARDER IT IS, BUT I AM NOT SURE WHY I CAN'T SEEM TO DROP AT LEAST ONE POUND. PLEASE HELP.

Replies

• stacezilla
    Options
    Well, you aren't eating enough.
  • notdorothy
    notdorothy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I seriously doubt you are eating enough food. Also you should up your lean protein intake.
  • Eabec
    Eabec Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    From your diary, it looks as though you are not eating enough. If your diary is correct, you are barely eating 900 calories a day, which means you are starving yourself. You need to eat a minimum of 1200 calories. When you set your goals, go by the recommended and eat your cals! Also, coffee isnt breakfast. I always hated breakfast but now eat it daily and have lost 7 #s in about 6 weeks. Drink lots of water too. Lastly, balance your proteins and carbs, and limit your sodium. Good luck! Lots of people will give you good advice -- take it!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough and 1 apple and no veggies.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Yup, not eating enough. your 1,200 calorie goal already has a substantial deficit from maintenance in it. shooting under that goal is creating too large of a deficit. When the deficit gets too big, you get the opposite result of what you intend...your metabolism stalls out and you start storing rather than burning. This is your bodies natural defense mechanism against starvation.
  • tricksee
    tricksee Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    ... And I got pulled up about using CAPS LOCK.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Try using the MFP program. Set your goal to lose 1 pound a week, and eat ALL THE CALORIES. Get some exercise, but eat those calories, as well.

Eat some veggies

Eat some healthy fats

Eat some fruits

Heck, eat anything besides fiber one and chicken breasts.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    1. You aren't eating enough... netting less than 900 cals a day isn't doing you any favors.
    2. With only 20lbs to lose, you should set your MFP loss to about 0.5lb/week
    3. It's only been 4 weeks... you have to to give it time. This shouldn't be a race, it should be about adopting a healthy lifestyle that is sustainable.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I AM 25 5'6 CURRENTLY 160.5. I AM TRYING TO LOSE AT LEAST 20 POUNDS. I HAVE BEEN DIETING FOR 4 WEEKS AS OF TODAY AND NOTHING !!!!!! I AM SO FRUSTRATED. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE LOOK INTO MY FOOD DIARY AND TELL ME WHAT IT IS I COULD CHANGE. I WAS EVEN SICK WITH THE FLU LAST WEEKEND AND DIDN'T EVEN LOSE THEN. I KNOW PEOPLE SAY THAT THE LESS WEIGHT YOU HAVE TO LOSE THE HARDER IT IS, BUT I AM NOT SURE WHY I CAN'T SEEM TO DROP AT LEAST ONE POUND. PLEASE HELP.

It would help if we could see what you are eating. If you don't want to open your food diary to "public" you could cut and paste a sample day for us. Your friend seems to believe that you aren't eating enough. That will stop or drastically slow down your weight loss. Are you lifting weights? If so, you can have a temporary fluid buildup as your body repairs and strengthens your muscles. Hormones cause fluid buildup too. A lower-carb (between 75-100 grams of carbs) will cause you to shed fluid, if that is the case.

p.s. I see that everyone else has diagnosed the problem as not eating enough. Your body needs a minimum of 1200 calories to keep all your metabolic "plates spinning." Are you feeling tired and dragged out? If that is the case, upping your calories will likely boost your body back into gear. Make sure that your fluid intake is adequate too.
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hey! I was in the same boat. I'm 5'6, started at 157 and went a month before I lost anything. This takes trial and error, but everyone is right, you need to eat more. I know it sounds counterinutive but you need to be intaking more calories and protein and eating more frequently. If you stick with it, the loss will come. Please feel free to add me, we're very close in goals.
  • aepdx
    aepdx Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    def. not eating enough. eat more veggies too. you can check out my diary if you would like. i am around the same weight and trying to lose the same amount!
  • supermumincanada
    supermumincanada Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Yep. need to eat more, 1200 at least plus excercise calories.
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Oh wow you re totally not eating enough!!! EAT ALL OF YOUR CALORIES and it will melt off like butter!!!
  • pamwhite712
    pamwhite712 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    1. Eat more
    2. Turn off caps lock BECAUSE YOU ARE SHOUTING IN MY HEAD
    3. Take the advice of the good people here who have been successful
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone above. You should be eating at least your goal calories of 1269.
  • angrykitty13
    angrykitty13 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    JRoss--how do you feel on this diet? Do you have energy? Do you get headaches, etc?

Like everyone else, I suspect you're not eating enough. Have you thought about adding some fruit and vegetables? Yogurt? You need to give your body enough fuel so it doesn't go into starvation mode.
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Well, you aren't eating enough.
    ^^This. I ate at or under 1200 for a month without losing ANYTHING. I worked out, i did everything "right". When I didn't lose, I upped my calories to about 1600, and lost 30lbs in 3 months. Try it. You won't regret it.
  • prettyblu
    Options
    I agree with the above posts. You need to be eating more; a lot more. Good luck!
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Dude, I lose a fair amount of weight whilst eating in the 1500-1800 range while exercising everyday AND having cheat days. Yes, it takes longer but at least I'm not depriving myself of anything and haven't had a plateau yet and I've been using MFP for 7 months now.
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. You aren't eating enough. If you are also working out you're getting less than what your food diary says. When you don't eat enough you body goes into starvation mode and your metabolism slows down. Check this out and I would add more protein and veggies to your diet. http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/3-phase-plan-fix-your-metabolism-good