Want to give up smoking for good?

Options
Seriously.

"The easy way to stop smoking"
Alan Carr

Best book I've ever read. It worked for me and many many many people I know. I don't know one person who has read it and continues smoking.

Replies

• porkchop_13
    Options
    I read it and still smoked for 5 years after. I guess i just wasn't ready. I did quit last August cold turkey so i guess that's something.
  • GravySlayer
    Options
    Seriously.

Alan Carr

Best book I've ever read. It worked for me and many many many people I know. I don't know one person who has read it and continues smoking.

Obviously doesnt work for everyone. So now you do "know" someone who it hasnt worked for.
  • rougecrayon
    Options
    Seriously.

Alan Carr

Obviously doesnt work for everyone. So now you do "know" someone who it hasnt worked for.

Actually I don't "know" that person and I'm not "sure" why that was in quotes.

Thank you for your open hostility. I'm not sure what I did to upset you, but I can't be more sorry.
  • melly28
    Options
    I agree...best book ever!! I've been a non-smoker for six weeks now and feel amazing!!!
  • heyjay31
    heyjay31 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info! I will check it out:)
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I read that book too and it worked for me. I quit in October of 2011 and will never smoke again. I wish all smokers would read that book, seems so simple. My boyfriend and best friend also read it and are now ex-smokers too. The only people I know that it doesn't work for is the people that don't bother to finish it.

I wish there was a "Easy Way to Stop Being a Fat-*kitten*" book. Way harder to lose weight than quit smoking, IMO.
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Seriously.

Alan Carr

Strange that you appear to have created a profile just to dis this thread. Whatever...
  • kiraleilani
    kiraleilani Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a "Easy Way to Stop Being a Fat-*kitten*" book. Way harder to lose weight than quit smoking, IMO.

WIN! Hahaha I laughed so hard when I read that! Wouldn't it be awesome though?
  • tahawairua
    tahawairua Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I read the book but didn't quit.

I learned a lesson from the book though. You're not going to give up smoking until you yourself are ready.

I quit in March 2011, 2 years next month! Woop! :)
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options
    Nope. :smokin:

Speaking of that. I was heading out for a smoke about 1/2 an hour ago and got distracted. Thanks!
  • tahawairua
    tahawairua Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Speaking of that. I was heading out for a smoke about 1/2 an hour ago and got distracted. Thanks!

lol funny, you'll do it when you're ready :D
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options

WIN! Hahaha I laughed so hard when I read that! Wouldn't it be awesome though?

Me too :)

Also a huge fan of the book and to the person being hostile- I wouldnt have read the book if people like the OP hadnt posted threads like this so rap it, they are only trying to help others.
  • GrandmaJody
    GrandmaJody Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I just ordered it because of your post! I was able to quit around Christmas time, but husband is struggling, maybe this will help....thanks again!
  • All4Drakes
    All4Drakes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Seriously.

Alan Carr

I actually didn't even realize I quit smoking cigarettes while reading this book. Yes, I had an e-cigarette, but by the end of the book, I had quit it all!!! That book is amazing!!! This man knows his stuff!!!
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options

lol funny, you'll do it when you're ready :D

Yes, I will. I quit cold turkey when I was 30 and didn't smoke again for over 18 years. Now I'm just a rebel. :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I read it and quit for 41 days. Then failed. But I'm reading it again.
  • kirstyg1980
    Options
    Champix tablets (3rd go, I think) still off them 636 days later, saved myself £3056.00 so far, not smoked 9550 cigarettes and wouldn't go back if you paid me

*I have an app on my phone that tells me all those statistics and health benefits ;-)
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    EcigPros.com - My mom has COPD and would smoke anything and everything she could get her hands on. I live in Florida, so I was able to find this Electric Cigarette for her. It has refillable cartridges. She has been using it now for 8 months (she will never quit smoking as she has the beginning of dementia) and this delivers a full puff of "smoke" - water vapor. I have tried it and its quite delightful........the thing is, you can buy the liquid to put in the cartridges at anywhere from 36mg of nicotine all the way down to zero........it has helped alot of people.......Just my two cents:)

** oh, and the turn around delivery for the mail order is only a couple of days.......if you email them questions, they get back to you in the same day......good luck honey......I know how hard it is to quit.......former 2 pack a dayer.......quit almost 20 years now.
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Great book! I read it a couple of times. I wasn't successful quitting directly after reading it. But it did help in my process.

What actually helped me finally quit was group therapy and Chantix. Through a wellness center associated with a hospital here in Chicago, they had an 8 week group therapy session coupled with a prescription for Chantix.

I originally had major problems with hellish lucid terror nightmares on Chantix. But then I cut the dosage in half. I still had some pretty weird vivid dreams but they weren't scary like before. I figured whats worse, a couple months of funky dreams and being smoke free for the rest of my life or NOT having weird dreams and slowly killing myself by continuing to smoke.

The skills, concepts and mindset I learned from the Alan Carr book really really helped though!
  • zumbarock
    zumbarock Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Champix tablets (3rd go, I think) still off them 636 days later, saved myself £3056.00 so far, not smoked 9550 cigarettes and wouldn't go back if you paid me

*I have an app on my phone that tells me all those statistics and health benefits ;-)

Please do share the name of the app. Would love to calculate as well :) Thanks!