Lent!!! What did you all give up?

Options

Replies

• taytaylynn3
    Options
    I gave up Sweets . . . . I am hoping that after 40 days it will be more of a lifestyle change and I won't need them anymore.
    That's what i am hoping for with mine too!
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm not of catholic religion but I have a close friend who is. Last year we both gave up Energy drinks for Lent. This year I'm just giving up lent! lol :-p
  • KimLoan325
    Options
    I'm not religious, but I decided to give up BUTTER, which is a big deal for me, because until a week ago, I ate a lot of it.

I realized that 12 pounds of butter a month was probably too much: on croissants, to sautee everything in, on crackers...

Butter.
  • cklapk1
    cklapk1 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I gave up using the elevator in my dorm and in any of my school buildings
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I took UP meditation and have given up falling asleep to my TV (have done this for 15 years). I have done 3 nights now off meditating then falling asleep in total darkness with no noise. It's kinda liberating! :-)
  • TimeForMe99
    Options
    Drinking my husband's bourbon and eating my daughter's snacks. I don't need either in my body and hopefully they will be more accountable when they can't blame me for dipping in.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up over indulgence.

2 glasses of wine, not a whole bottle.
    Stay close to my calorie goals.
    No second servings (pack it up for lunch).
    Going out to eat once every 2 weeks.

But what would you do with the rest of the wine? It would be sad if it was left behind :cry:

Haha oh, excuse me! I meant just 2 glasses of wine in a sitting.
    I would NEVER waste even the cheapest bottle of that sweet nectar. Don't worry.
  • hcivitarese
    hcivitarese Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ooo all baked sweets this year! I have a major sweet tooth so I'm hoping this helps...no cookies, brownies, cakes, pies, pastries etc.
  • Jasminekitty
    Options
    I gave up chocolate, which is HUGE for me because I normally have to have it some form every single day! That being said, I have given it up before, and I stick with it, but it is tremendously difficult for me, because for me, chocolate is a food group!!!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda and I'm so tired!!! I only had one a day when I hit my afternoon lull. Gave it up last year and didn't have any for almost 6 months. I want my diet cola!!!!
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    All alcohol...but I typically only drink red wine anyways. First Friday night without a glass in hand :ohwell: this glass of water just isn't quite the same!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Sweets. I gave up FREAKIN' SWEETS! My stomach hurts so bad from releasing all the toxins :(

BUT it's worth it!!! :bigsmile:
  • goldieglitter
    goldieglitter Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I gave up "making excuses for not going to the gym." Which is good, because I really love making up excuse to not go to the gym!
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    I gave up "making excuses for not going to the gym." Which is good, because I really love making up excuse to not go to the gym!
    Honestly, i didn't think of that! Maybe i'll begin that one right now!!
  • jLynn1998
    Options
    Fast food. But I had Subway for lunch...does that count as fast food? Crap.
  • ChiquitaTab
    ChiquitaTab Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I decided to abstain from eating animal-based foods (basically going with a whole foods, plant based diet) and to stay away from anyone or anything that is negative and soul crushing. On the plus side I decided to devote at least 10 min every day engaging in a positive activity, whether it is kind words to myself or others, a healthy enjoyable activity or just doing something nice in general. Lent doesn't always have to about giving up something but maybe finding something that is better than what you were doing before.

Who knew I was actually listening during all those years of Catholic school and Mass? LOL My mom would be proud!
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I gave up chocolate and alcohol...and obviously my mind!

This seriously made me laugh. And it put me in the mood for a bottle of chocolate wine. :drinker:
  • jen6224
    Options
    I gave up excuses as to why I don't have the time or energy to work out! I really need to make a change, so I am hoping I can stick to this one!
  • gregpmcg
    Options
    Masturbating. My wife is going to get real tired of me.
  • junekucks
    Options
    Since I had to go on Prednisone for Flu, been eating as if preparing for hibernation. Gave up FaceBook, which sucked up so much of my spare time and now tracking my food intake to change my pattern .Blessings on everyone's journey to better health.