Lent!!! What did you all give up?

Options

Replies

• ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I didn't give anything up this year.

Instead I am going to volunteer every saturday morning.

Actually, you are sacrificing something. Your time. However, you are sacrificing it for the good of others and that is a great thing to do! :happy:

I am Southern Baptist so I don't observe Lent.

I guess that is a good point! :) I didn't really think of that
  • Nimadi486
    Nimadi486 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I gave up alcohol and eating after 8 pm.
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    I hear not eating after a certain helps with weight loss. Is this true? Why.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I didn't give anything up this year.

Instead I am going to volunteer every saturday morning.

That's really cool! I like that idea. :)
  • berthabunny
    berthabunny Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Cookies.
    And then my sister had to make some yesterday...but I didn't take any or any cookie dough (one of my biggest vices)
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options

It's true only because you end up eating less calories typically. Track what you eat after a certain hour of the day sometime and you'll see what I mean. Unless of course, you choose 8 pm and then eat a bunch at 7 pm :smile:
  • taytaylynn3
    Options

It's true only because you end up eating less calories typically. Track what you eat after a certain hour of the day sometime and you'll see what I mean. Unless of course, you choose 8 pm and then eat a bunch at 7 pm :smile:
    oh alright.
  • JewelE77
    JewelE77 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My husband and I gave up eating snacks of any kinds at the movies (we can't bring any either - only water and/or gum), extra sleep by going to an extra Mass one day a week before work (will be getting up at 6AM instead of 7:30) and not eating after 9pm (unless we were late eating dinner, then we can eat dinner but no snacks).
  • taytaylynn3
    Options
    My husband and I gave up eating snacks of any kinds at the movies (we can't bring any either - only water and/or gum), extra sleep by going to an extra Mass one day a week before work (will be getting up at 6AM instead of 7:30) and not eating after 9pm (unless we were late eating dinner, then we can eat dinner but no snacks).
    lots of goals! I like the whole doing it together thing!
  • hulahooper17
    Options
    Ice cream! Which is huge because I usually have a half serving every afternoon. I was going to do chocolate completely, but then I realized Clif bars have chocolate, so just chocolate candy. i actually like the challenge of Lent, I've been able to drop some bad habits because of it.
  • junekucks
    junekucks Posts: 23
    Options
    I gave up making food my God, and began allowing the Holy Spirit to help me make food a tool to create a healthy body. I also gave up FaceBook. It sucked up too much time , it is now better spent with family and friends
    Blessings ion your Lenten journey.
    hugs
    June
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,572 Member
    Options
    I gave up believing in Lent.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I gave up calorie counting :)
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    meat!!!!
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I gave up believing in myths like the Easter Bunny, Jesus, and Santa Claus a long time ago.
  • docturtle
    docturtle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    McDonald's
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I gave up string cheese ... weird I know but I was eating too much of it!
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Facebook....which is why I'm on MFP so much these days!
  • kamiAK
    kamiAK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I gave up fast food but I may have to break that bc I recently saw in my local newspaper that taco bell will be coming out with a cool ranch dorito taco. *drool*

i know!! i havent had fast food all year ....then i heard that and said...well...i will have to have a couple tacos LOL

I gave up pop chips and white sandwich bread
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Nothing! I'm the big A. ;)