why is beer made to look so bad!!!!!

Options

Replies

• dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing myself so I looked it up online. It seems that beer for whatever reason blocks your fat cells and prevents them from being burned. A coating if you will. No thank you. I've really limited my alcohol content since reading this.
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    I'm not a fan of beer, but this is what I imagine beer would look like in heaven...

Untitled-8BaconBeerMug.gif
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    . they have some good low carb/calorie beers now too

I refuse to believe there are good light beers out there.
    Take any good beer and add water.....

The problem with light beer is the don't even use good beer, they use crap beer and add water.

Samuel Adams Light is about as "light" as I can go...just drink a Guinness....120 calories ;)
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I never met a beer that I didn't like::drinker:

I have .... PBR or the Beast

...or Natty Light/Ice Ugh.

Really, anything that has a canned version. I'm a complete beer snob and proud of it. For me it's craft/micro brews, mostly IPA's but I like to experiment with other styles too.

Try canned beers from The Alchemist (Heady Topper is easily the best IPA I've ever had and it only comes in cans), Oskar Blues, Surly, 21st Amendment, Sierra Nevada, etc and get back to me on your anti-can stance ;)

I had a canned beer recently that was good, a micro brew. I can't remember the name now but it was a little can.

I haven't seen Sierra in cans around here. I wouldn't object to a good IPA in a can. Usually canned beer to me is the "big 3" crap that I wouldn't drink in a bottle or on tap either.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I was on a cruise around new years and had a JW Blue Label King George V neat. It's the smoothest drink I've ever had, didn't even feel like I was drinking, I just got the taste.

Loving that doesn't mean I can't enjoy red label or JD and red bull too.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing myself so I looked it up online. It seems that beer for whatever reason blocks your fat cells and prevents them from being burned. A coating if you will. No thank you. I've really limited my alcohol content since reading this.

This is absolutely not true in any way. I've had beer every day for 2 years and have lost over 80lbs in the process.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    beer contains silica which makes your bones stronger

i love beer
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I can't stand beer they all taste like piss.

BLOCKED!
  • Dan4495
    Dan4495 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty good at drinking beer
  • dough21
    dough21 Posts: 216 Member
    Options

This is absolutely not true in any way. I've had beer every day for 2 years and have lost over 80lbs in the process.

Yeah I I failed to mention this this is only true with access alcohol. 3+ 1-2 is actually beneficial with 1 being the most.
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    um....I'm sorry, I was raised in a household that believed beer was a cure all, and I'm the ONLY one with a weight problem, and I drink less than they do...My grandmother drank at least a 6 pack a day until she died...at 99
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Furthermore, alcohol is the primary gateway drug to harder drugs with further ruin peoples lives.

Because drinking beer makes me want to do some tar heroine.

Yep, the ol' gateway theory. :laugh:

Just hilarious!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

Furthermore, alcohol is the primary gateway drug to harder drugs with further ruin peoples lives.

Just hilarious!

Who are you kidding, tar heroine was my gateway drug to IPAs
  • dalemckeown
    dalemckeown Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Light beer is better than no beer!
  • silentnemesis
    silentnemesis Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well, any alcohol in general DOES in fact block protein synthesis (slowing down muscle recovery and growth)-- and the hops in beer are one of the most natural forms of estrogen you can put into your own body, so if you're a bodybuilder drinking beer is going to spoil your training.

But personally I definitely enjoy a dark lager or most IPA's,. magic hat #9 is a favorite of mine, but then there's always yuengling black and tan, budweiser...

so thirsty now :drinker:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Well, any alcohol in general DOES in fact block protein synthesis (slowing down muscle recovery and growth)--

It INHIBITS protein synthesis by the fact that alcohol dehydrates you. So stay hydrated. Getting dehydrated without alcohol as a factor will cause the same reduction in protein synthesis.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i love a cold beer on a hot sunny day on the beach..problem is I start slugging them down like water...so it is massive amount of empty calories...
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Well, any alcohol in general DOES in fact block protein synthesis (slowing down muscle recovery and growth)-- and the hops in beer are one of the most natural forms of estrogen you can put into your own body, so if you're a bodybuilder drinking beer is going to spoil your training.

But personally I definitely enjoy a dark lager or most IPA's,. magic hat #9 is a favorite of mine, but then there's always yuengling black and tan, budweiser...

so thirsty now :drinker:

I've got bitty titties, so I tell myself that beer keeps me from being flat chested... titties and beer...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

Just hilarious!

Who are you kidding, tar heroine was my gateway drug to IPAs

:laugh:
    Magic gateway
    magic_gateway_wallpaper_by_jerry8448-d4nyul6.jpg
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    . they have some good low carb/calorie beers now too

I refuse to believe there are good light beers out there.
    Take any good beer and add water.....

The problem with light beer is the don't even use good beer, they use crap beer and add water.
    True. I brewed an American style Pilsener once, but i used all barley and no rice or corn, and it turned out to be really tasty. I used less ingredients than i would normally use with one of my traditional home brews, like an ale or porter, and it had the light body most cheap beers have, but with better taste.