What is your general logging style?

Options

Replies

• Kelleybelley69
    Kelleybelley69 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I log after each meal and I am such a creature of habit that I can use the copy yesterday for my breakfast cause it never seems to change. I like logging through out the day so I can accordingly judge what I can have for supper and based on extra activity what snacks I can comfortably fit in. I use a fitbit and would be lost without it as it gives me an accurate up to date calorie adjustment I love the thing and dont think I would be as successful as I have been without it :)

Tami101 I'm with you I think I will be a logger for life or be back where I started :)
  • QuietRain
    Options
    I pre-log for the next day.
    It helps keep me on track and keeps me from feeling uncertain at mealtime.
  • Dlacenere
    Dlacenere Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I always pre-log and fill it in a day ahead for the current day based on my macros, then I cut and paste over each meal throughout the day. It makes it so much easier and this way I stay on track for the most part. Then at the end of the day, I delete it out on the day ahead and start over.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    after every meal as i go
  • Jhs1987
    Jhs1987 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I generally prelog so I can see how my day is going to come out and make adjustments as needed. I either do it the night before (if I am super organized!) or in the morning. Sometimes things change as the day goes on, but at least I have an idea of where I am at so I know how it is going to impact my day if I eat that piece of birthday cake or go have a drink after work and I can try to make a good decision based on that.
  • skidoo1122
    Options
    Log as I go. I often find at the end of the day I need to consume a lot of calories because I always want to save them...lol. I have lost 13 pounds in 3 weeks so it seems to work for me.
  • jmdesrochers
    jmdesrochers Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Pre-log and tweak!
  • calihoya
    calihoya Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I do the pre-log and then tweak as I go. Helps me plan ahead and not get trapped into accidentally going over.
  • jillybeanpuff
    jillybeanpuff Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I work 9-5 so I log my breakfast, lunch and 2 snacks in the morning. Usually it is about half my calories for the day. Then when I get home I figure out something for dinner based on what I feel like making :)
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I log at lunch time what I ate in the morning, then log after work and throughout the evening.
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Oops, ETA - when I can I log my food before I eat it (usually works for PM snacks and dinner) because then I can tell how much I can have.

Not being able to log at work helps prevent me from snacking more at work, which is actually helpful.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I log as I go, If I know for sure what I'm having later in the day I will go ahead and log. I usually forget to log if I wait till the end of the day.
  • phylsyl
    phylsyl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I log as I go, unless I know I'll be eating out. Then, I want to look up calorie count first and adjust other meals accordingly.
  • tommienana
    tommienana Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I log as i go during the day , that way i don't leave anything out :-)
  • sharonKay65
    sharonKay65 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I log as I go, and I try to do as soon as possible. That way I can monitor my calories, and I can try and make sure I reach my goals, as the day goes on I usually plan my meal on what I have left or what I need the most like protein. I am learning that pre-planning my meals is advantageous, however I am not sure I "trust" myself to log ahead of time, not yet anyway.
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I generally log the night before when I have time to play around to get the macros. I will sometimes change it tho thruout the day depending how i feel foodwise.
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    i usually have my diary pre logged for at least 3 days
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I usually log as I go, though if I'm planning a splurge/treat, I'll pre-log that so I can log my remaining meals around it so I don't go over my goal. (Hellooo, ColdStone!)
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I log everything I put into my mouth immediately, so, I don't forget. That way there is honesty to myself and the weight/inches are coming off! :smile:
  • CurvaciousBeautyToBe
    Options
    I try to log my whole day in the morning then tweak it based on what I actually eat

Me too.