No Scale Victories, share yours!

Options
124»

Replies

• tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Last August, I was attended a wedding. I had been in a rush and done a quick change at work before I headed out. As I was walking up the drive to the venue, my underwear and nylons started sliding down! We're talking down-to-the-ankles slide! I ran to the restroom and had to ditch both. Taught me a lesson: always buy the next size down in "foundation garments" when on a weight-loss campaign! Also: Try on *all* of your outfit before you head out! The dress I was wearing was also "too big!"

Five years ago, when I went to go visit my parents, my mother mentioned that there were some old clothes still in a closet. We went to go look at them. She wanted to get rid of them as it was "clear that wouldn't ever see a size six again." I had the clothes shipped back home anyway and recently, on a Skype call she got to see me wearing some of those same clothes!

You know how when you back your car out of a parking space, you physically twist your body around to look out the back window? I couldn't do that for five years! I relied on my rearview and side mirrors to see what was behind me. Not coincidentally, I backed into two different cars that way. Anyway, I realized that that now I can check out the blind spots!

When I was heavy, I couldn't run. Heck, I could barely walk without sounding like I was having an asthmatic attack afterwards! I was at a national park and forgotten my camera in the parking lot. I had three minutes to retrieve it before the tour into the caves began. I *ran* about 50 yards (RT), got my camera and made it back with time to spare! *And*, even though my heart rate went up, I wasn't flopping around like a landed fish!

And finally, by the numbers: I've gotten my BMI well within the "normal" range and gotten my waist measurement to under 30 inches. My risk of diabetes has been substantially reduced. My next NSV goal is to get my sugar macros under control. :-)
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Since I had my (now 10) daughter, I haven't been able to button my wool coat.

I was always THAT fat person, holding the fronts together. Many times my sweet husband has asked me, "would you like a new coat"

No! I wanted the one I have to fit. It's in poor shape, but it was a pride thing here.

Yesterday it was cold, and the coat fit! All three buttons closed. :)
    Happy dance!
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    WOW! All of your stories are so great!

My NSV:
    I have been using Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds DVDs for years and have recently started using them daily for exercise because I haven't been able to make it to the gym. The DVD is 65 minutes long and goes for 5 miles.
    Starting out, I was winded after 2 miles (26 minutes in) and dying through the third mile.
    A few days ago I started the tape with my mother in law and we made it through 3 miles and she tapped out, winded. I felt good, so I kept going.
    I completed the tape! For the first time in my entire life, I walked 5 miles and even though I definitely felt the burn, I wasn't that tired afterwards!

Also, people I work with asking me "have you lost weight?"
    Awesome feeling!
  • karenk2f
    karenk2f Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Went skiing yesterday. Skied all day with only a short break for lunch. Felt great all day. Not sore at all. Plus, my ski pants didn't fit anymore. Woo Hoo!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    The most recent NSVs:

My balance has significantly improved - I can finally do those quad stretches again where you hold your foot behind your back with your hand and balance on one leg. It's been a while since I could do those without letting go to reset my balance.

My knees feel way less wobbly during Zumba and other group fitness classes (yay!!)
  • Tammi623
    Tammi623 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I love these posts! Here are mine for the week:

~I can do 15 full pushups (no longer need to do the moderated ones)

~I slipped walking down the last stair and landed in a perfect mid lunge position! I would have hit the deck a month ago lol I felt a little bit like a ninja lol

~The elevator in my dorm is out of order so had to I walk up 6 flights of steps. I was only mildly winded and didn't have an asthma attack
  • smsaban85
    smsaban85 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Let me start by saying I am not an jogger/runner. I just have never done it...breathing well and jogging/running isn't my strong point. Today I was walking on the treadmill, thought i would just try to see if I could do a slow jog for 30 seconds. I ended up doing that for two minutes. Five minutes later I thought.....why not try for three minutes...and done. I jogged for 5 minutes on the treadmill today. :-D There may be a runner in me yet :-D
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    My NSV today - took out a belt I haven't worn for a few weeks and had to make not one, but two new holes in it.
  • Kimistry_
    Options
    My husband came up and started giving me a neck/shoulder rub and said "Wow! Your traps are SO firm! I can totally tell you've been working them."

He never says stuff like that. It felt awesome!
  • lucyinthesky2007
    lucyinthesky2007 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Fit into a size 7 jeans today!! That's the smallest size I've EVER worn. I do believe this feeling is just as good if not better than seeing a low number on the scale.
  • kymkan
    kymkan Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    When I put my bathrobe on after my shower today, I noticed that there seemed to be more material to wrap around myself in the front. :)

LOVE THIS ONE!!!
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    "Regular" towel wrapped around me, tucked at top, and actually covered everything!
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I've gone from a 24 jeans (squished into a 22 some how) to an 18-20. I haven't worn anything under a 20 since, well, since I was 20. And, I'm back into a regular -not plus sized- XL tee shirt. In ladies. Some cuts are still tight (and a few are "forget it"), but, I didn't think a non-plus sized shirt was ever going to be possible again.
    Oh, and I can not only kick to waist level.. I can kick multiple times with out losing my balance (which comes in handy playing super heros with my 4 year old).
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Two NSVs this week-end. First one, a colleague of mine who I have worked with for years commented he could not believe how much younger and fit I looked. Second, I measured my waist this week-end and was below 40 inches for the first time in over 20 years. I never thought that was possible.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!