People who eat back their exercise CALORIES!!

Options

Replies

• zooles
    zooles Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Please, tell me, what confuses you about eating more food? All you do is open your mouth and put some good stuff in (and yes, that's what she said).
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    I eat all kinds of food.

This. If it's too much for you to stomach, eat calorie dense foods like nuts, whole milk and nut butters to help you supplement the calories without making you feel like you're going to explode.

How did you get abs like that?? :(
  • fuzzymop55
    fuzzymop55 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Please, tell me, what confuses you about eating more food? All you do is open your mouth and put some good stuff in (and yes, that's what she said).

I just snorted.bahaha
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    If I feel like I am having a hard time reaching my calories on a certain day - I eat cheese and crackers with a glass of chocolate milk. It's my favourite snack, because apparently I am seven.

This made me lol. Then, I am 7, too. i love chocolate milk, string cheese...surely about a dozen other things that should just be for kids, too.

My lunches at work are often PB&J uncrustables and baked cheetos...apparently I am 7 too!! I just need to add that chocolate milk and then I really would be!

A note on the calories, I sometimes get to 1300 calories burned when running 10-12 miles, which is once a week max. Normally my workouts are 400-600 calories. Burning 1800 every day seems very intense!
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I eat back my exercise calories....
    I eat food.... veggies, fruit, pasta, beans.... I don't understand the question.
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    1st, no one is burning 1800 calories with exercise each day unless they are running marathons
    2nd its very easy to eat 1800 - too easy!

People over 200 lbs who work out for 2-3 hours certainly do
    I'm not over 200 lbs and I can burn up to 1800 with my workouts which also include all the walking I do and no I'm not and never will run marathons and I agree it's very easy to eat 1800 cals and some more which I also do
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    IF nothing else, get a nutrinional supplement like Ensure or Boost Plus to get some of the calories back.

eeww, or eat some chalk, it'll taste better
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    when I need to eat more, I go for something healthy but high cal. Nuts of any time. I find a glass of milk helps me sleep at night and have a bigger glass if I need calories. I had trouble at first, but find being relaxed makes it so much easier.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I included the exercise I was going to do in my calorie goal as I was planning my meals. I knew approximately many calories I'd burn depending on what exercise I was going to do, so I never thought of it as "eating back" calories, just eating.

Currently, I don't count exercise calories because I already have it factored into my daily goal. It's easier for me this way, to eat approximately the same amount every day, than to have high days when I'd run and lower days when I lifted. My appetite didn't always coincide with my calories burned... running (especially long distance) makes me lose my appetite and lifting turns me into a garbage disposal. I ran yesterday and forgot to eat lunch when I got home. I did weights today, and even after breakfast, mid morning snack, lunch, and an afternoon snack just a little while ago, I'm STARVING right now.

I have noticed this too. I did a heavy session on Thursday and even though I allowed extra (a 600 cal dinner instead of 400ish) I still ended up eating a sausage and bread they cooked at my work. This is on top of a really good eating day.
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    obviously im obsessed with peanut butter.. but the natual kind
  • leejayem
    leejayem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Oh man. I read so many of these replies & WISH I had trouble eating my calories!!!! I have a particular love of protein foods (meat & I are like Homer Simpson & donuts...mmmmmm) & they're soooooooooooo calorie dense!!!! I've been told only I'm supposed to have whatever amount would fit in the palm of my hand but I could eat waaaaaayyyyyyy more meat than that!! :noway:
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    yeah i know what you mean.. the first time i heard that i was like whaaat i have small hands!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I eat all of the food. ALL of it. Om nom nom
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    hahahah yeah me too most of the time ;)
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I pre-plan and get my calories as equal to the exercise calories as possible. So my normal intake without it is 1430, then I add whatever calories I burn with whatever exercise I'm doing that day.
  • mlogantra76
    mlogantra76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I started eating 1200 calories as MFP said and not eating back my exercise calories. This made me so hungry at night that I wanted to eat my pillow and I dreamed about buffets. Not to mention how grumpy I was. Anyways, now I eat a portion of my exercise calories back(I don't have a hrm so I don't know how many I'm burning) and its much easier to maintain. I have added almonds, full fat cheese, and egg salad made with light mayo. I am trying to up my protein and fat and control my carbs. Now If I could only get control of my sodium:(
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    With the exercise added in, I need to be eating 3000-3500 calories per day. Pretty much anything goes to be honest. Diary is open if you want a peek :flowerforyou:
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    People ask me, "Jason, why do you run so much?"

My answer is always the same. "I run so I can drink." I fill my exercise calories with beer.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    One container of Double Stuf Oreos = 2100 calories. That's enough to fuel any normal workout I can think of. :bigsmile:
  • Momzilla2five
    Momzilla2five Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    1st, no one is burning 1800 calories with exercise each day unless they are running marathons
    2nd its very easy to eat 1800 - too easy!

People over 200 lbs who work out for 2-3 hours certainly do

No they don't....several years ago I was over 200 lbs. and no one should be working out 2-3 hours a day. With a proper diet, you only need 1 hour a few days a week.