If MFP were a car forum...

Options

Replies

• perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    What's up with the people here who want to show headlights, trunk shots, and balls (bearings)? I mean, I understand a "success pic", but have some class, people.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I drive 1200 miles a day and my car is stalling all the time now! :cry:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You guys have surpassed my expectations in cracking me the hell up!

By the way, I just got a FR from somebody and they have nothing but hot little exotic sports cars in their friends list. Think they're just a friend collector / creeper?
  • mcflat29
    mcflat29 Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    You guys have surpassed my expectations in cracking me the hell up!

By the way, I just got a FR from somebody and they have nothing but hot little exotic sports cars in their friends list. Think they're just a friend collector / creeper?

I don't know, how many pics of their grill and rims do they have posted??
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    What's up with the people here who want to show headlights, trunk shots, and balls (bearings)? I mean, I understand a "success pic", but have some class, people.

For those who want to see everything under the hood, check out the groups.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Every FR I send comes with a photo of the "trucknutz" that I have hanging from my tow hitch.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    What heavy lifting can do for you...

lifted.jpg

Bros don't let bros skip leg day.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    20aw9sp.jpg
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Let me see your bumper stickers!

did you get them because they meant something? Did you just like the art or was it a drunken mistake you regret? And please don't bother replying if all you're going to say is "bumper stickers are nasty, it's like putting a tattoo on a fitness model." This may not be the thread for you. Mkay? Thanks.
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    GO vegan! Gas is bad for your engine and hurts mother earth when drilling for oil!!!!!

Do YOU realize how many animals had to DIE and become fossils fuels just so you can guzzle your gas??? !!!????

ok... getting off car lift now!

and My chassis has better sex!!!

and my engine will live longer !!!!

ok getting off lift seriously now...

GO VEGAN
    biodiesel3.jpg
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I decided to avoid the motorways and stick with the country lanes, I find it works best for me, it's cut my commute in half! :wink:

tumblr_m9oq6ubTqO1rqnvhqo1_400.gif
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I see so many people out there driving while reading or texting on their cell phones. Obviously they can't be driving as fast and therefore not burning as much fuel...
  • mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I refuel every two hours because it revs the engine and I don't gas up after 6 even if I know I will run out of gas.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing "fuel is fuel" and "fuel in / fuel out" on this site! Seriously, not all fuel is the same!! Look at these studies that show that higher quality fuel results in better performance, especially for you highly active turbo engine drivers...
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I refuel every two hours because it revs the engine

haha
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    My bumper is too big, is there some road I can drive on that will make my bumper smaller?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    12_zpsde5b8824.jpg

I would still post this jpg.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    You're not fueling enough. Your car is going to stall. You should calculate MPG and MPH and fuel something between them, but never below the one.
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    My car keeps cutting out at WOT, but only on a 2-3 shift. The 1-2 shift is fine. My neighbor, who used to live next to a mechanic, said that my fuel injectors need to be cleaned. My sister said that my car doesn't have fuel injectors, it has a carburetor. Do you think that maybe my carburetor needs to be cleaned? What do I use to clean it?

Some of my coworkers think that it is because I have changed fuels to something better for my car, and that I should go back to using the junk gas that they use. Personally, I like the junk gas, cause it's cheaper, but everyone else tells me that I should continue to use the good stuff. I will, but not if it is causing my problem. I think they are just trying to keep me at their level and not wanting my car to run better than their cars.

Don't tell me to take it to a garage, as I know for a fact that those guys have no clue what they're talking about, and they only want to take my money. My nephew knew someone whose friend took their car there a few years back to get an oil change, and they ended up with two extra cylinders and a slipped disk brake.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    My car keeps cutting out at WOT, but only on a 2-3 shift. The 1-2 shift is fine. My neighbor, who used to live next to a mechanic, said that my fuel injectors need to be cleaned. My sister said that my car doesn't have fuel injectors, it has a carburetor. Do you think that maybe my carburetor needs to be cleaned? What do I use to clean it?

Some of my coworkers think that it is because I have changed fuels to something better for my car, and that I should go back to using the junk gas that they use. Personally, I like the junk gas, cause it's cheaper, but everyone else tells me that I should continue to use the good stuff. I will, but not if it is causing my problem. I think they are just trying to keep me at their level and not wanting my car to run better than their cars.

Don't tell me to take it to a garage, as I know for a fact that those guys have no clue what they're talking about, and they only want to take my money. My nephew knew someone whose friend took their car there a few years back to get an oil change, and they ended up with two extra cylinders and a slipped disk brake.

I hate to tell you this but you have to go to a mechanic to determine if you have fuel injectors or a carburetor. But don't let him tell you about which gas is better for your engine, he only went for mechanic school and they barely cover and of the science behind fuel. What you need is a Petroleum Engineer to help you figure out what you need and your true MPG.

I also think your friends are jealous of all the upgrades your car been having.