jealous of people who take diet pills

Options
Ok, I have been dealing with something for a while now and I just need a little kick in the rear so I can try to stop feeling this way. So many people around me are taking diet pills, such as Phentermine, Thinogenics, and drinking Plexus and Advocare drinks. They are losing weight so quickly. I know that it's not a race to lose weight, but I am working SOOO hard and not having the same results they are. These products are expensive and I really can't afford them, but I think if I could I would. I'm jealous and I get angry when people sell and take these products because I know there's a better way, but I am so tempted to take them myself or yell at the pill pushers!

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    All that stuff is straight and utter bulls**t.

Eat real food. Exercise. Lose fat slowly. Keep your muscle.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    No need to be jealous... you've come a long way without doing any of that so why be jealous?

Everyone has their own way of getting the results they want but think about the money you've saved and the insight you've gained by taking your time and not subjecting yourself to appetite suppressants. For the most part (and from my experience), these are all a waste of money and unless you TRULY change your habits while taking these supplements/pills.. the weight will come right back once you're off them... because realistically most people don't use these forever.

I can definitely say I've spent more money than I'm proud of in the past trying to get a "quick fix" or a miracle and just wish I would have saved that money away. I understand your frustrations though but just stay focused and keep doing what you're doing! If everyone could have the will power and success that you've had they wouldn't turn to the items you've named. :)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    And when you are still happily at or working toward your goal.....they will be regaining what they lost. And more. Its pretty much a sure thing that they will.
  • Ultragirl2374
    Ultragirl2374 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    In the end you will be the one who's learned proper eating and exercise habits. How will they learn to maintain once they are off those? Don't be jealous of them, they should envy you.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    5382388872_e55d61a3f7.jpg
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    And you will keep the weight off and they wont. And you will be healthier on the inside and they wont. You are MUCH better off, believe me. Your body thanks you! :)
  • Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^ What vpetryshyn said. This exactly!
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Just remember that when they stop taking those pills they are more than likely to gain their weight back. Not to mention that they are losing more than just fat, they are losing muscle. It may take you longer to do it the "healthy" way but you're going it RIGHT and teaching yourself how to live a heavy lifestyle. You will benefit from losing slowly and will most likely keep the weight off. They just want a quick fix and don't want to learn to appreciate a kicka$$ healthy lifestyle.
  • gennafer731
    gennafer731 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous of people who can grow their own veggies, I've tried and they die. Also jealous of teenagers who can live off crap food and be skinny and "perky" but what can ya do?

Oh well, try not to worry about what other people are doing and just focus on your own success. 100+ lbs lost is no small feat especially if you did it the hard way. I do like telling people when they ask how I lost the weight "just diet and exercise" they look so sad because it wasn't some sort of magic ;)
  • ColoradoLes
    Options
    If diet pills worked, no one would be fat.

Right?

They will not maintain their weight loss, and you will. I, too, have seen friends do HCG and diet pills and have initial success. I was (not so secretly) happy to see them gain it all back + a few more.

Keep doing what you know is the correct way to do this - watch what you eat, exercise, and live healthier.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    lol just take them.if your jealous . some of them obviously work

no
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ...They are losing weight so quickly. I know that it's not a race to lose weight, but I am working SOOO hard and not having the same results they are...

That's right. Your results will be healthier and more sustainable. Therefore, your results are superior in the long run. Those fools are life-long yo-yo dieters. They will always struggle because they have an unhealthy mindset. They may lose fast and hard, but they almost never keep it off. Patience will see you through! :flowerforyou:
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options
    lol just take them.if your jealous . some of them obviously work

Worst.Advice.EVER.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are doing excellent so far. Why mess with a good thing? I'd bet they will gain back their weightloss because they won't learn anything. They truly won't, unless they are educating themselves through books, classes, forums, etc. They aren't going to learn from experience, like you will.
  • Smoothroz
    Smoothroz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Working out and getting healthier is never easy. I'm doing both eating right and getting plenty of "kickass" exercise and it wears me out. See the light at the end of your I dividing tunnel. It should glow brighter each day.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I have so many friends who are using that crap, and I just shake my head. If I try to say anything, they practically give me a sales pitch. No thanks, I'd rather do it without your 'secret weapon'.
  • blu_meanie_ca
    blu_meanie_ca Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    5382388872_e55d61a3f7.jpg

What this fellow is trying to say is that you are assuming that the people you know are losing weight because of the pills, and are feeling jealous based on your assumptions. There may be (usually is) a different reason for weight loss. Let's face it, if weight loss came in a pill then no one would be overweight.

In any regards... goodness, you have lost over 100lbs. That is very serious work. Take the time to congradulate yourself on a job very well done.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Be proud that you're doing it the right way. Slow and steady does indeed win the race; you're becoming a more healthy person and strengthening your body rather than giving it a toxic crap cocktail to screw with it until it starts to break down. You're doing the right thing the right way; you shouldn't be jealous, you should feel sorry that you have unmotivated friends with little self efficacy.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options
    I have so many friends who are using that crap, and I just shake my head. If I try to say anything, they practically give me a sales pitch. No thanks, I'd rather do it without your 'secret weapon'.

I new a girl who did that with this magical "coffee"...you could apparently eat WHATEVER you wanted, drink the coffee, and lose weight! So I did a little research, showed her the facts, showed her that the "Dr" who backed it up had NO credentials and wasn't even a real "Dr" and she stopped talking to me.
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    107 pounds lost. Look at how far you've come! You are amazing! Don't be jealous, they are using a crutch, and as soon as that crutch is gone and they quit dieting you know what will happen. My ticker says I am down 13 pouds, but I have lost a whole lot more weight than that.....and have for the most part kept off. Keep doing what you are doing. It is working.