I'm just going to come out and say it

Options
1235»

Replies

• mummielle
    Options
    The same thing always happens to me! It's really annoying, so just feel free to friend me. I'm committed to this and will not stop. :)
  • debs398
    debs398 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Crikey that means when I o on holiday for two weeks and don't log I am probably coming back to no friends
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Wow. I guess I'm glad I'm not friends with some of you, because when i was in the hospital for a week and didn't have access to either a computer or a phone, I was really in need of support and understanding when I came back. Life happens. But you do what you need to do, it is your account, after all.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I tend to drop people after they have been inactive for at least three weeks. I know sometimes people go on vacation and dont log during that time. I would still log..because even the ugly days can help you learn something...but thats just me. By the way...anyone feel free to add me anytime. :smile:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I love it when new people add me as a friend. It feels great to lose weight with other members of the MFP community.

But the first time I see the "so and so has been inactive for three days" thing, I unfriend them. It's not because I don't want to be supportive, or because I think less of them. But I really want to stay committed to this, and the more people I see who have been away for a week or even a month, the harder it is to convince myself that I should take the effort to track everything, every day.

So if you add me, wonderful! But please don't be offended if I unfriend you if you go on hiatus.

what abou tpeople who go on holiday, or isnt that allowed?!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I delete after 3 months.
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I just did a sweep of my friends list the other day. Feel free to add me!
  • EllennD
    EllennD Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i make sure i log on daily or if i am unable too at least every other day!
  • beequipped
    beequipped Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I agree
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I had flu just after Christmas after logging in every day since I first started back in October so missed logging for about a week - I wasn't eating anything except two scrambled eggs a day anyway. So another vote for 3 days is too strict ;-)
  • tpfoodie
    tpfoodie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    In actuality, you are controlling. You have told us that unless we log in every day, you will not be friends with us. Wow. It sounds so primary schoolish. You know what I mean: If you don't do what I want, I'm going to take my ball and go home.

This would be true, if people on MFP were actually friends. If we had any non-MFP interaction at all, and actually were considered "friends," then I would be controlling. As it is, people send me requests to be friends, and I add them. Technically they are "friends," but I know nothing about them other than what they eat and how they work out. So I respectfully disagree with this. Again, I don't know of any who have even missed me.
  • JuiceBoxJunkie
    Options
    Yes Ma'am. I finished Insanity, it took me a little over the time frame, because life got in the way. But I mananged to tone up a bit. The only thing is that I didn't follow the meal plan or give 110% everyday (Hard), so my stomach wasn't as ripped at the end as i'd hoped....
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I log in every day and love to see how my friends are doing please please add me everyone ( desperately sounding lol )
  • MsCarlalalala
    Options
    I had been debating this with myself; because there are people that started the same time as I did that stopped logging in after a few weeks. Unlike you I decided not to drop them. why, because they may return and wouldn't it be nice for them to see an old friend still here and doing well. Also, in some weird way gives me a small feeling of accomplishment; because I'm still here.
  • sarahmac828
    sarahmac828 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wrong message board...ooops!!!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    3 days is a bit harsh, a few of my friends were sick or out of town or just busy with life, but they come back. I usually wait until it gets into weeks, like right now I have one that hasn't logged in in 2 weeks, I will probably delete her. BTW today I am celebrating 190 days.
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options

The main reason I unfriend people is if they're constantly whinging, creating drama or eating like 200 calories a day. I have friends who have ED's and are trying to beat them, but if people are boasting about it, then I unfriend pretty quickly!

Usually if mine says 200 calories, it's a good bet I forgot to log the rest of the day due to busy stuff. However, I've deleted friends for continually boasting about eating ridiculously low. I am overcoming an ED and am on medicine that tears my appetite away. It's a struggle to eat even 1200 calories, but I at least try. That's all I hope for, people to try to do their best and recognize where they may have pitfalls.