Food Police And Nasty Hurtful Comments

Options

Replies

• Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Sounds less like food police and more like down right rude and hurtful people. Time to put them in their places. Don't LET people do those things to you. You need to say something to them. Explain that it isn't their business and that you feel really bad for them that they feel so low about themselves that they feel the need to lash out at others.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because I'm 6 feet tall, or maybe I have bad hearing or a bad memory, but I have never experienced this.

Have you tried killing them with kindness? Maybe look them in the eye, smile and say "I'm sorry that there's something in your life that makes you try to build yourself by putting other people down, but I hope it gets better for you."
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    When I was in highschool had a couple guys drive by in a car while I was walking my dog. It was summer time and I was wearing a skirt and a tanktop (not even a short skirt) and one of them yelled out put some clothes on fatty. I was only about. 10-15 pounds bigger then my ideal weight so ouch.

I also had some guy making comments behind me after I had my first baby about how chubby the chick in front of him was. I turned around looked him straight in the face and said I just had a baby what's your excuse (he wasn't skinny by any means of the imagination so why he felt he had the right to judge me is beyond me)

I just take solace in the fact that I can lose extra weight I might have but being an ugly person goes more then skin deep...
  • autumnsnow786
    autumnsnow786 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    The best revenge in life is success. Use it as motivation to attain your goals.

I agree with this. lol my parents are my food police, but they aren't anywhere harsh as some of the experiences you had. just succeed in your goals and shut those people up.
  • auntsammy88
    auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    This is why I prefer animals over people.

^ This...

My love and support to you. People are really cruel.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

If someone moo'ed at me....I sit there looking puzzled...and then say, "hmm, I'd make a noise back...but I don't know what noise an a-hole makes..." and then walk away.

I would have thought an a-hole would make a farty noise, so maybe make a loud farting noise in their face and say "because you're an a**hole and that's what noise a**holes make"
  • fstephanie4
    fstephanie4 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I got told I couldn't go ice-skating because I'd break the ice....I also used to get people shouting 'wide load' and 'Stephanie is coming through guys, best breathe in'

People are cruel and it's sticking two fingers up and saying: I am who I am, I can change my weight and be happy but you'll always be a**holes.

They can't change who they are. they are to be pitied. We can change our lives to being healthy. We'll show them in the long run :D

:drinker:
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I understand the OP and all the comments. I have had nasty weight/food related comments made to me that still hurt today. It stays with you for a long time. It still surprises me that people - so call friends, family members and complete strangers say things to you. It has taken a long time to realize that some people are that way... I won't ever be able to stop someone from being hurtful. i do try to let it not get to me.

To all on this thread - you ARE a wonderful person and do not deserve this treatment - hold you head up high. This place MFP is for love, respect and support!!

Have a great day!!!
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Are you sure there isn't something in the water where you live? That is some crazy behavior.

This!!! ^^
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I wanna have a six pack so if people wanna say anything about the food im eating ill just lift up my shirt, say nothing and walk away :)

i know whats good and what not. im going to school to be a nutritionist so i eat a certain way, and i dont impose on other people food choices either. the only time i talk about food is if people ask me directly about something they are eating and then i answer honestly.

THIS. I am waiting ever so impatiently for the day I can do this! Even better if I can do it while devouring two burgers and a side of fries. "Me? Anorexic? Sure, whatever you say!" *CHOMP*
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    wow that is just messed up, I'd be in jail right now, cause i'd kick all there *kitten*. sorry that you had to endure anything like that. People are not overweight by choice there is always an underlying reason for it.hang in there do what you need to do, and next time someone say's something tell them to f#*ck off.....:flowerforyou:
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    To me the problem is spiritual in nature, & we've all been there @ least once in our lives. The need to demean others to feel good about myself. I'm grateful today that I dont have a NEED to demean others to feel better about myself. so if I just stick to what I believe to be the right thing (& this includes not choking those less empathetic)I can become an example of the change that can occur.
    This leaves me with an opportunity to help those who are still struggling.
  • bettssilverman
    Options
    I just think some people are mean and nasty
  • Drewillbeback111
    Options
    WOW... next time, just pull out your AK 47 and say.... you talkin to me... *****!!!
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    How about 'I'm sorry my food choices offend you, but since my last episode, the court insisted that I take these antipsychotics that make me ever so hungry. They make it a bit easier to resist my urges to stab annoying people, though. But THEY DON'T TAKE IT AWAY ENTIRELY'?
  • gabbytup
    gabbytup Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow, that makes me so angry for you! Come move to Canada, you only get rude stares here! Lol. Seriously, I feel bad that humanity has made such a poor showing where you are.
  • gabbytup
    gabbytup Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love it! Squeaky joe!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Just remember, you can lose the weight, but it sounds like some people are never going to grow up!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    so if I just stick to what I believe to be the right thing (& this includes not choking those less empathetic)I can become an example of the change that can occur.

I think I need to put that up on my wall somewhere. The urge to reach out and choke jerks is strong with this one! :laugh:
  • trishmce
    Options
    Hi....You're giving them to much time in your head.....
    This
    I would like to share a story my mother told me in the 1970s she heard from her yoga instructor. It is a taoist story.

Two monks were on a pilgrimage. One day, they came to a deep river. At the edge of the river, a young woman sat weeping, because she was afraid to cross the river without help. She begged the two monks to help her. The younger monk turned his back. The members of their order were forbidden to touch a woman.

But the older monk picked up the woman without a word and carried her across the river. He put her down on the far side and continued his journey. The younger monk came after him, scolding him and berating him for breaking his vows. He went on this way for a long time.

Finally, at the end of the day the older monk turned to the younger one. "I only carried her across the river. You have been carrying her all day."

Place these people down and walk away.

Keep up the good work. I always ran at 5 am so I could avoid the comments until a neighbor stopped me in the grocery store and told me I was an inspiration because I always looking happy when I run and don't have what she called "runner's miserable face" that she started running again. That is something worth carrying, and I have for 15 years.