2»

Replies

• sunshinepalmtree
    Options
    Bump - Some great ideas here!
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Brown sugar, one juiced orange plus some of the grated rind, and pepper. Even better if you can marinate the salmon in that for some time, one of my fav recipes :love:
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BLNKSN
    BLNKSN Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • walkwithme1
    walkwithme1 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I buy a case of frozen individual packs of salmon, (I work for a restaurant) thaw what I need and fix several different ways. Tonight I sprayed a bit of Pam on foil, layed thin slices of lemon, salmon on top of that, top with fresh dill sprigs and salt and pepper. Bake 300 for around 20-30 (till it flakes). It was very yummy. My kids like when I put garlic and Parmesan on it and bake in foil or if they want it crispy, lightly pan fry it.

One of my rules of thumb with seafood, if you can smell it, don't buy it. By that I mean a strong odor. Good luck.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    the first time my hubby tried smoked salmon on toast points he told our hosts..."oh it's good, it tastes kinda like pepperoni!"

he's awesome!
  • slimjaques
    slimjaques Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Favorite from Mediteranean Prescription: Juice one orange and one lemon, marinate salmon in the juice for 15-20 minutes. Remove from marinade - salt and pepper - grill for 20 minutes (10 each side) in a veggie or fish basket. Amazing. Takes that fishy taste out of any kind of salmon we have tried. Prefer fresh caught for environmental reasons - but wallet doesn't always like it. :-) I'll have to try some of the recipes on here too - they look good!

Also love to poach salmon in a combination of water (2 cups), white wine (1/4 - 1/3 C), lemon juice (1/2 to 1 lemon), black peppercorns, 1 bay leaf and salt & pepper. Can do on top of the stove with lid covered - or in baking pan in oven. I like salmon well done - so my cooking times might be longer than others.
  • theshow4jsu
    theshow4jsu Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas, I will be giving a few of these a try I believe.
  • jennapflumm
    Options
    my favorite is to grill it number one! or use a smokin hot grill pan inside, but i put it in a ziplock with equal parts honey and goldens sicey brown mustard (swear it tasts just like the honey mustard at mcdonalds) and then put in fridge for 2 hrs and then grill, my husband (who doesnt need to watch his waste line) likes it with the mustard honey and then when i take it out of the fridge he rolls his in ritz cracker crumbs and puts it in a skillet on each side with butter the pan...
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    bump
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Almond-crusted salmon and sweet potato fries.

Ingredients
    -Salmon fillet(s)
    -Almonds, crushed (roughly 12g per fillet)
    -Whole egg, separated (egg yolk in one bowl, egg white in the other)
    -Black pepper
    -Lime juice
    -Crushed garlic
    -Sweet potato.

Instructions.
    -Slice your sweet potato into wedges and coat in egg yolk, put in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius (350 Fahrenheit).
    -Stir your crushed garlic, black pepper and lime juice into the egg white.
    -Dip the salmon fillet(s) into the egg white, then lay out on a tray. Sprinkle crushed almonds over the salmon fillet, try to coat them as much as you can.
    -After the wedges have been in the oven for five minutes, open it up and put the salmon fillets in with them.
    -Sit around and enjoy life for 10-15 minutes whilst keeping an eye on the oven. Lovely day, isn't it? I dunno. Poach some eggs or something.
    -After 10-15 minutes take both the salmon and wedges out of the oven and serve.

8470622488_be0ef7b7ef.jpg

^Wedgess are slightly burnt and pic quality sucks, but they still tasted awesome.

YUM!!!! Sweetheart, you can cook for me anytime!!!!! :love:
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I don't find salmon really all that fishy at all, not even the fresh fillets. This might not work for you, but all I do is spray a small casserole dish (or whatever you cook things on in the oven), bake it until crispy and cooked through. At the last minute I put some real maple syrup on it (not a lot, just a teaspoon or so), to make a yummy glaze on top. That's what I do everytime lately. It's so good! But then....I like salmon.... ;)