What's your phobia - mine is coat hangers

Options

Replies

• kellimr
    Options
    I am with those of you that posted Balloons~ had one pop and bang into my eye once while blowing it up as a kid. since then ~ hate them. Oh and it's not really a "phobia" but I get creeped out by listening to people who CHEW and smack their food out loud ~ ugh!
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Cottion Balls! Thay are just so gross and creepy!!
    I hate cotton balls too! I can't stand the way they feel..ugh.
  • Fat_Jimi
    Options
    snakes

I cant stand them, I live on land I know we probably have some and I just figure they dont make their presents known and I'll pretend they're not there
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I am an emetophobe. I fear vomit. Myself vomiting, my children vomiting or a stranger vomiting.

It is a horrible phobia to live with. I've had people make fun of me for it. The hardest part is that I can't just avoid it like many people can avoid their phobia. It's a bodily function, you can't escape that.

Snakes scare me too, but I would take a snake over vomit.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Let's see.

Train tracks.
    Tunnels, mines, caves.
    Glass floors.
    Open mesh metal stairs.
    Falling (Though I like heights)
    Answering phones.
    Some things that sway (Think ferris wheel seats, suspension bridges, etc)
    Helicopters.
    Edited to add: crowds not confined to formal seating.

I could go on.
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    Butterflies
    Worms
    Ants
    Gnats
    Flies
    Darkness
    Gumby (yes just what I said)
    Dead animals
    Dust bunnies
    Cobwebs
    Wet hair (floor, sink, drain)
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Easy one---clowns. They are the spawn of the devil *shudder*
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    Spiders and noises outside my house at night. I live by myself so I get super paranoid at night. I have an alarm system, but still. I'm a wimp! Lol
  • _TEMPEST_
    Options
    The underside of boats and airplanes. Just looking at them twirls me into a panic!
  • zingaravh
    Options
    Empty chairs really freak me out. They're OK if they're under something (like a desk or table), or have someone sitting on them, but if they're just sitting there staring at me I find it really unsettling.

I also dislike lone gloves, and shoes with no people in them.
  • originalkazila
    Options
    If we're talking complete body shut down in reaction to - heights. I get nauseous when it's just on TV.
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Bridges ! :( ****e i got shivers going up my spine ahhh i need to cross 2 daily

Right there with you...I HATE driving over bridges. I don't mean like the little over pass that goes over the Truckee River here in town. I'm talking stuff like the Bay Bridge in SF...the I-95 Bridge in Philly...the bay bridge going to Annapolis...I have to be as close to the middle of the bridge as possible so I can't see over the sides & I white knuckle the steering wheel or the oh *kitten* bar (if I'm not driving) for the entire span.

Me too... I hate bridges. I have to be in the center so I can't see over the sides too. The scary ones for me are the bridge in Astoria, and the blue bridge in Tri-cities.
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Climbing walls with little gaps for your toes.... with wet or muddy feet...

and the usual suspects… spiders and snakes
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    MOTHS.

The fluffy *kitten* are out ta get me.

With ya girl . . . got one stuck in my long hair when I was a kid . . . now my husband laughs as I scream and dive for cover whenever I see one!
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Spiders and noises outside my house at night. I live by myself so I get super paranoid at night. I have an alarm system, but still. I'm a wimp! Lol

Get a dog if you can!

I have a little pug cross and he is still super defensive of me when I'm in the house alone.

If my boyfriend is home too my dog sleeps with me under the covers but if my boyfriend is out of town he sits at the edge of the bed and watches the door.

Or if I am upstairs and someone walks by outside he'll come stand in front of me and growl.

Then again when you are alone in the dark house and the dog growls it will scare the mufa f out of you.
  • DavidKBrewer
    Options
    I am an emetophobe. I fear vomit. Myself vomiting, my children vomiting or a stranger vomiting.

It is a horrible phobia to live with. I've had people make fun of me for it. The hardest part is that I can't just avoid it like many people can avoid their phobia. It's a bodily function, you can't escape that.

Snakes scare me too, but I would take a snake over vomit.

Is a vomiting snake like instant death?
  • smithntuck
    smithntuck Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I can't stand for anyone, including my husband, to touch my neck right under my chin...shiver...
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Lightning. I'm a cowering mess when it storms. Can't wait to move to somewhere it hardly ever does!
  • coffee_rocks
    coffee_rocks Posts: 275 Member
    Options

Can the two of you call my wife and tell her that this is not unusual? I cannot touch cotton. Pill bottles with cotton - my wife has to remove the cotton. I just can't do it.
  • Midnight_Sunshine
    Midnight_Sunshine Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Can the two of you call my wife and tell her that this is not unusual? I cannot touch cotton. Pill bottles with cotton - my wife has to remove the cotton. I just can't do it.

My mom is like that too! and I had a girl friend growing up who was the same.

It's actually super common.