INSANITY WORKOUT starting feb. 17 , 2013!!

Options

Replies

• jkgaerte4
    jkgaerte4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am getting the DVDs from a friend and then getting started. I wont lie I am scared and everyeone tells me I am going to die, and not to mention never survive. I dont want that to happen but I am worried about it! I hope to start next week.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Today wraps up 60 days for me. I plan on taking a break and hitting the gym for a month then going back at it. I'm hoping to keep the weight lifting during the program this time and use the Insanity as my cardio.
  • squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday! I love it... I love the variety and the time ticker at the bottom of the screen. I do have a couple questions though:

1) Does anyone else do other exercise routines while doing Insanity? I am specifically thinking about weight training and boxing. I have a personal trainer that I go to at work and was wondering how to mix that in.

2) Anyone else experience skipping on the DVDs? I noticed that my DVD player started skipping and then stopped about halfway though disk 2. I'm hoping its just my DVD player (its older) so I am going to try tomorrow's workout in my computer. I've just heard about people getting fakes when buying from a reseller (got mine through Newegg.com).

Hey there, I just started insanity along with my other exercises. I definitely had to take a day off yesterday, as I went to Pro Sculpt and Kangoo classes, and there was no way my body was going to be able to take insanity as well. I think adding pure cardio to insanity is more doable but adding more lifting regimen is ... ouch!
  • Lostone31
    Options
    I am getting the DVDs from a friend and then getting started. I wont lie I am scared and everyeone tells me I am going to die, and not to mention never survive. I dont want that to happen but I am worried about it! I hope to start next week.
    I had done a ton of cardio for the month prior to starting. Almost threw up after the fit test, and heartrate was way high the first week.

This week however it is getting easier. Only had to pause twice for pure cardio, once during frog jumps and once at the end once everything was finished before stretching.

Next week will be easier.
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone how we feeling today!? I completed cardio power and resistance today . I didnt mind it! I liked it better than yesterday lol. I feel sore today but I feel great :)! I just feel so happy after I workout ( all the endorphins I suppose)

To my fellow insanity worshipers I have a few questions:
    1) do you use shakeology?
    2) if so do you find it benefits you
    3) do you eat back your excersie calories
  • romialcaide
    Options
    GO MEGAN!!!! hehe im doing insanity after ripped in 30.. im not ready for that crazyness yet!! hehehhe GOOD LUCK!!!
  • libertygirlfla
    libertygirlfla Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just did my fit test for Peak Fitness, which is VERY similar to Insanity and P90X. I've been going to the gym and working out hard for over six months and want to do this to break the monotony and the plateau.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED in one day! I'm so sore today, I can hardly move, but I'm doing the first "real" dvd this afternoon. I usually work out in the mornings, but my workout buddy isn't available until later today.

It is taking every fiber of my being to go do this today, but everyone says that once I start the workout, I'll feel better. I sure hope so..lol

I tried to join the Insanity/P90X team, but was politely informed that I wasn't a good fit.
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    I just did my fit test for Peak Fitness, which is VERY similar to Insanity and P90X. I've been going to the gym and working out hard for over six months and want to do this to break the monotony and the plateau.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED in one day! I'm so sore today, I can hardly move, but I'm doing the first "real" dvd this afternoon. I usually work out in the mornings, but my workout buddy isn't available until later today.

It is taking every fiber of my being to go do this today, but everyone says that once I start the workout, I'll feel better. I sure hope so..lol

I tried to join the Insanity/P90X team, but was politely informed that I wasn't a good fit.

Anyone can do insanity ! That's crazy , just buy it and get some support ;)! I mean I am no where as for as those people on the DVD but the whole purpose is to get there! Don't let anyone ever tell you you aren't good enough. Also keep pressing play you hurt but it's a statisfactory hurt :)
  • heatmack
    Options
    Hi! I started Insanity yesterday Feb 18, I don't have a heart rate monitor at the moment, but I was wondering you would track your calories burned on MFP?
  • BarryWilson1108
    BarryWilson1108 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm starting 4th march' looking forward to monitoring progress on here
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    Hi! I started Insanity yesterday Feb 18, I don't have a heart rate monitor at the moment, but I was wondering you would track your calories burned on MFP?

Hi! If you look I believe on the second page of this topic a lady posted a link to a site with an idea of how much you burn based on your weight :)
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    I'm starting 4th march' looking forward to monitoring progress on here

Welcome to the crazy people society :) haha just kidding good luck and remember to press play
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Insanity is not all that great a program. There are a lot of safety issues with the way the program is constructed. I recommend doing Asylum instead. It was set up to address a lot of the safety issues the American Council on Exercise pointed out with Insanity while improving the workout.
  • iTrainHARD
    Options
    I'm starting February 22nd, which is when my tapes get here!
  • Amairee
    Amairee Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Just started too, thought I'd post my beginner stats for the fit test which were:

Switch Kicks - 100 (<-- this made me tired though, right off the bat)
    Power Jacks - 50
    Knees - 82
    Power Jumps - 25
    The Foursquare Things - 7
    Suicide Jumps - 10 (I am horrible at these things, but will get better!)
    Push-Up Jacks - 25
    Oblique Plank - 32

Just finished Day 2 a few hours ago and wow was I sweating by the end! Really liked the stretching mid-way though, because I don't feel nearly as sore as I though I would.
  • gennafer731
    gennafer731 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday! I love it... I love the variety and the time ticker at the bottom of the screen. I do have a couple questions though:

1) Does anyone else do other exercise routines while doing Insanity? I am specifically thinking about weight training and boxing. I have a personal trainer that I go to at work and was wondering how to mix that in.

2) Anyone else experience skipping on the DVDs? I noticed that my DVD player started skipping and then stopped about halfway though disk 2. I'm hoping its just my DVD player (its older) so I am going to try tomorrow's workout in my computer. I've just heard about people getting fakes when buying from a reseller (got mine through Newegg.com).

I do Insanity and do strength training with a trainer twice a week. My trainer told me to wait at least 4 hours between. It is incredibly tough on those days where I do both though and I try not to do the fit test on a strength day as my results are usually 10% lower than normal.

Every dvd player I've had skipping problems with were old and prone to collecting dust, I've since bought only dust proof models and had no problems.
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    Insanity is not all that great a program. There are a lot of safety issues with the way the program is constructed. I recommend doing Asylum instead. It was set up to address a lot of the safety issues the American Council on Exercise pointed out with Insanity while improving the workout.
    I'm hoping to do this one next , my dad felt generous and gave me his insanity DVDs to borrow lol. I don't have the money to buy it myself :( college makes me broke lol.
  • Lostone31
    Options
    These workouts do get easier.

I am wondering how a late boot camp workout will affect me tomorrow for insanity. I hope to be at or near my weight loss goal once this is done.

Plyo tomorrow.... DIG DEEP!
  • MeganDominique
    Options
    These workouts do get easier.

I am wondering how a late boot camp workout will affect me tomorrow for insanity. I hope to be at or near my weight loss goal once this is done.

Plyo tomorrow.... DIG DEEP!

You'll probably be extremely close if not weight you'll loose inches ;)! Idn what my actual target weight is ... It's kind of like how I feel when I get there I guess . I never used to weight myself when I was at the place where I liked my body the best so I hopefully I get to whatever that is ! Haha
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I would love to start Insanity again.. I can't afford it though =( If anyone knows of a safe website I can stream it from I will do it! =D The site I was streaming it from before isn't working any more..