what is it with peanut butter?

Options

Replies

• turtlefitnessdad
    turtlefitnessdad Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Oh, and creamy is the way to go. It's called peanut BUTTER. not a jar of peanuts ;)

You are very clearly a super dooper smart person!!!
  • skm4jc
    skm4jc Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Are there good brands that can be found in some supermarkets?

My personal favorite is Crazy Richard's 100% Natural Peanut Butter. You don't even have to refrigerate it!
    http://www.kremaproducts.com/
  • stormygirl_82
    Options
    creamy!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    pb2_1.jpg

I LUV This Stuff, BEST THING EVA
  • HilsScott
    Options
    I love peanut butter - really good on sliced apple if you need a healthy snack - just remember to spread it thinly!
  • jfrog123
    jfrog123 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am one of those people who usually stays away from peanut butter. It is not a bad food at all, but it is a "trigger" food for me. It is one of the very few foods I cannot say no to, and once I start eating it I find it hard to stop. If there is an open jar around I will nibble at it until it is gone. For that reason we usually don't keep it in the house. Unfortunately, before Christmas my husband went to Sam's Club and bought the biggest container of peanut butter I have ever seen! He said it "sounded good", so he bought it. I don't really understand his reasoning because he rarely eats peanut butter and would have been fine with a tiny jar. I ate most of it myself! Thankfully, I finished it off yesterday. I don't think I will be buying anymore for a long time - but I hadn't thought about making my own in the food processor. That would allow me to make a very small amount to avoid over-indulging.

I have some PB2 in the cabinet. It is not bad. I use it sometimes to add a little peanut butter flavor to smoothies and baked goods. If I am really craving peanut butter, I will measure out some PB2, slice an apple, and dip the slices in the PB2. It is close enough to the taste of regular peanut butter to satisy the craving. As far as mixing it with water and eating it straight up - I don't care for it that way at all.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    If peanut butter is bad, I don't want to be right!
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    pb2_1.jpg

Not seeing a picture of Jif, is my monitor broken?
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    EAT IT
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    PB2 is a joke
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    pb2_1.jpg

Not seeing a picture of Jif, is my monitor broken?
    Possibly, but if it were not broken, you should see Skippy Natural.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I like Skippy Creamy. I figure the extra gram of sugar per tablespoon isn't enough to mess up my macros.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    clothes are also bad for you.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    clothes are also bad for you.
    Depends on how you cook them.
  • mlbqd3
    mlbqd3 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Creamy is WAY better then chunky. :smile:
    AGREED!!!
    And very satisfying.. holds me over!!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Om nom nom.

PeanutButter.jpg
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
  • 000WhiteRose000
    000WhiteRose000 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    This is the truth about PB2 and why you’ll never see me eat this manufactured substitute for peanut butter:

PB2 is Not Whole Real Food – When I talk about the foods I eat, I tell people I want to choose the most nutrient dense foods on the planet and PB2 is just not one of them. The beauty of a peanut is that it contains all of the nutrients nature intended. It has a healthy dose of fat, protein and vitamins. PB2 extracts almost all of the essential monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, leaching the vitamin E content which is fat soluble, therefore reducing the nutritional content of the whole food. The fat is what keeps you satisfied and reduces cravings making just a tablespoon of real peanut butter so satisfying. This powdered form looks pretty clean when you review the ingredients, but it’s just another way for manufacturers to trick you into thinking less calories is better for you. They have to add a mixture of sugar and salt into the powder to make it taste better without the fat. I know I’d rather have the fat vs. the sugar and salt!

PB2 Is Not Organic – Conventional peanuts are some of the most heavily sprayed crops ever. The amount of toxic pesticides sprayed on peanuts is suspected to have caused the increase in peanut allergies. As you know, peanuts have a very thin and porous outer layer and shell that allows toxins in easily. These toxins are not something you can wash off. Remember increased exposure to pesticides are linked to birth defects, nerve damage and cancer. The President’s Cancer Panel has urged us not to consume food sprayed with pesticides and doesn’t believe any amount is safe.

PB2 has Added Sugar – It might not be that much added sugar but knowing what refined sugar does to my mind and my body – I try to avoid it at all costs unless it’s a special occasion. I eat nut butter almost everyday so I make sure that my variety is sugar free and made from whole organic nuts.

Peanuts May Contain Aflatoxin – The mold that is frequently present in peanuts creates a carcinogen called Aflatoxin. This chemical has been shown to cause liver cancer in developing countries where there is a large consumption of corn, peanuts and grains grown without strict regulation of the quality of soil. Here in the United States, the FDA allows aflatoxin into our food system at varying levels. This is just not something I want to consume on a regular basis, even in small “approved” doses. For people who have had cancer or already have compromised liver function, you should really consider this information. This is why I choose to only eat Jungle Peanuts if I have a choice, because they are grown in an environment and harvested in a way that does not produce this toxin.

And… Almond Butter is Better For Your Health – According to this analysis taken from Prevention, almond butter has 69% more calcium, twice as much fiber, 86% more iron, and 169% more vitamin E than peanut butter.
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Its good for you as long as there is nothing added to it. I personally like Almond butter better though. Yummy.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    PB2 is a joke

I rarely ever make a protein smoothie without it. DELICIOUS.