Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Welcome to our thread.

:heart: :heart:

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

FEBRUARY CHALLENGE:

Pick one behavioral change and repeat for 28 days.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    _____________________________________________________________________________

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Water Tag: When you see a water tag that means you need to go and drink a cup of water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Tag your it:drinker: :drinker:
    ____________________________________________________________________________
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    Bumping - I've had my water.

Tag to the next 3 people........:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have to balance my water with not having to get up in the middle of the night to run to the bathroom.... :drinker:
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,132 Member
    Options
    I have to balance my water with not having to get up in the middle of the night to run to the bathroom.... :drinker:

Oh yes Vicki - I understand....:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! Hard to believe this is my 3rd thread for this board!!!! Time flies when you're having fun I guess. It's late and I just got caught up on reading 3 pages worth of posts. I went to my eye appt today and the doc said he could still see the 2 holes like before and I have some thinning of my retinas. He said I'm above average risk to have a tear before a detachment. If it tears I will need laser surgery. I'm REALLY hoping that will not happen bc I can't afford any time lapses for my weightlloss. So I'm due back in a year for my checkup. He told me that based on what I described, I had an ophthalmic migraine, which a lot of you nailed. He wants me to call immediately if I experience flashes or floaters. My eyes took forever to come back to normal after being dilated. It took like 6 hrs! I did go to the gym and got in some good cardio, thanks to someone p*****g me off. Gotta love that kind of motivation!

Tuesday goals-- I'm really hoping to be down 30 lbs by the time I do the April fools day marathon. If not that's ok, I'm happy with my progress so far, but it would be nice. My other goal is to hopefully fit in an airplane seat with the seatbelt on and ACTUALLY be comfortable. I want to take my kids to Disney either this yr in October or next year and I wanna fit dangit!!

Welcome to all the new folks! This group has a lot of great people that have been where you are and experienced a lot of the same struggles.

Keep up the great work everyone!! Any activity is better than none, so move your @$$e$!!:bigsmile:

Rachael
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Thanks Laurie - and BUMP - or Bring Up My Post (save my place)

Laurie - that's great news about the approval on the mortgage - now things will slowly fall into place "if its meant to be" - I am so excited for you. Please tell us what the condo looks like - deck or patio, etc, etc???
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Laurie - would you be so kind to lead the group in the following discussion and the subsequent roll-over till I get back? :blushing: :flowerforyou: The group need to think about the March Challenge. I'm going to be on vacation and off-line from Feb. 23 to March 5, so you'll have plenty of time to discuss it and post it.

I'm so addled right now, I have paint samples on the wall, a dress being hemmed, a chandelier on the floor, an electrician coming at 9 am, a hair appointment at 1 pm, stuff to return to 3 stores, clothes to iron, legs to shave (shudder) and we're expecting a blizzard Thursday! I just realized it would have been more polite to PM this, sorry Laurie!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @lin--thanks! drank my water!! :drinker: Hope your "stuff" works itself out. :flowerforyou:

@laurie--congrats on the mortgage pre-approval!! Yeah, the irony of our progress reports is that they are also sent via internet through the same system parents use to access grades the rest of the quarter. It's not helpful to the few families who may not have internet access.

@jen--sending strength to you and yours for the memorial this weekend.:flowerforyou: As far as whether to transition to the 5k or stick with the mile, I don't have any sage advice. I CAN tell you that when I searched the threads and internet for advice on whether to work on endurance or speed, most of the advice I got was to work on endurance first. The consensus seemed to be that it's better to work on running for longer periods of time and THEN bump up the pace. Don't know if this helps with your decision.

@ushkii--that's great that your wife is showing an interest! I always do better when my DH is more focused on healthier habits (he has his "phases").

@helena--I think most people would argue that sugar from fruits is better than other types, but in all honesty, everything I've read says the body really doesn't differentiate between fructose, lactose, sucrose--it all turns into glucose in your blood. So the real question is WHY you want to avoid sugars. If you are concerned with glucose levels and how they affect your energy, food cravings, etc. then you probably want to limit any type of sugar. However, if you are just concerned with overall health, you are certainly better off eating fruit than, say, cookies--the fruit has additional vitamins and tends to keep people full for longer.

@kaye--sounds like the parties were fun, but happy you will have some "normalcy" for a couple of weeks before vacation. I'm sure you will meet your 50# goal before the trip!

@holly--I think the haircut looks nice even if it's not what you'd planned. I have the same attitude as you about my hair--no worries if it's not exactly what I want b/c my hair grows so fast. Having said that, I just realized that I (once again) neglected to call the salon for an appt. My hair is a hot mess--I'm in desperate need of a haircut and highlights!

@kelley--sorry your kitty kept you awake--gunner is 7 and he still has an occasional "bad" night where he keeps us awake. Glad your workout regiment is working for you. However, given how much you are doing, I'd be shocked if it wasn't working--keep going! You are a machine!

@gorilla--congrats to your boys! Sorry you have a cold--I choose stairmaster if I have a cold b/c I can get a good burn at a slower pace, and I can blow my nose without stopping. :laugh:

@alison--thanks--she has her surgery next week. It should be pretty routine, but the recovery time is a b*tch--4-6 weeks! :noway: This doubly sucks for her b/c she has no sick/vacation time (she's an independent contractor), and will have massive medical bills since she has no insurance. :ohwell:

Tuesday Goals:
    I really just need to keep up with grading right now b/c I'm collecting 57 junior research papers on Friday. :cry:

I'm having a dilemma--even with a double session of core work tonight I will be over calories IF I eat more to meet my protein goal. :grumble: Not sure what to do--I guess I will l let my hunger decide. If I'm hungry after the core session, I'll eat more and meet the protein goal. If I'm not hungry, I'll miss my protein goal, but stay under calories. :ohwell:

Grading Goals:
    1. 10/10 BNW journals DONE (I have more at school, but couldn't carry them all home)
    2. x/16 Good Deeds essays
    3. x/16 Vocab quizzes

Exercise goals week of 2/18:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + long run DONE + 6 miles on stationary bike DONE
    Tues--walk gunner NOT DONE + core (double session)
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--walk gunner + core
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + long run
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

GHD= 17/28 days minimum 80 grams of protein
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options

Oh yes Vicki - I understand....:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Me THREE!
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    Goal is to just keep at it and trust the process. @Karen - the hospital might have a forgiveness program for low-income people with no insurance. I think they often do. Worth checkng into.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Goal is to just keep at it and trust the process. @Karen - the hospital might have a forgiveness program for low-income people with no insurance. I think they often do. Worth checkng into.

Thanks--they do offer a 50% discount, but her last surgery was over $20,000 and this one will be more involved b/c there are more cysts. Of course the discount helps, but it's still a lot of money. :ohwell:
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Bump!

Just popping in! Really trying to find time to keep up with everyone!

Still trying to work on myself as well as everything else. It's been rough.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Bump!

Just popping in! Really trying to find time to keep up with everyone!

Still trying to work on myself as well as everything else. It's been rough.

Hey Tina! Hang in there!
  • Believeth64
    Believeth64 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    @Robin I hope you enjoy your vacation, btw you know it's been forever since I've been active in thread. What is the challenge for March.

ecb2cb22ec646ce.gif
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    GDH challenge; 19/19 We were away from home today at lunch time. I think DH was a little disappointed when I insisted on Subway for lunch. Stayed under goal. Good night. Kaye
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Should be asleep but am not. My knees are killing me. I have that one bad knee but both are hurting. So up for a bit. Under the need to be careful about how late I keep drinking the water and being up all night.

@Lin hang in there.

Food is going ok. Cravings of sweets especially around 600pm time when I am getting off work I am hungry. Facing that commute. Home fight the temptation to stop and pick something up for the trip home. I haven't but I dream of it.

Well going to try to get some more sleep.

Liz
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm at one week with no caffeine. I'm sleeping better, I wake up easier and I'm not as tired in the morning any more. UN-FREAKIN'-BELIEVEABLE! I also went running on Monday night to see if my foot will hold up to running again. It passed with flying colors. Of course I was wiped after only running a mile but at least its a start. OH almost forgot, since I'm not drinking or eating caffeinated things any more it kind of forces my hand to drink water and other non soda items since most sodas have caffeine. I guess thats an unexpected upside to quitting caffeine too! Check back with you all again soon.

Take care
    Doug
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone!

Things are going really well for me right now. I've lost 30 pounds, I finished a huge project I was working on. I bought some new clothes in smaller sizes.

Yet, I'm really struggling with depression this week. You know it's a sign of clinical depression when there is nothing to be depressed about, and yet you can't stop crying or get out of bed. I had been thinking about asking the doc to lower my dose on the meds since I'd been doing so well, then I have days like the last few where I think we should leave it at the higher dose! The good news is that because of the meds, I was still able to function, no matter how fragile I was feeling inside. In the past, I would have just called in sick for a week. And I even managed to get in a little exercise and I stayed on plan. I refuse to let a depressive episode sabotage all the work I've done! I know it will pass, I just have to suffer through it.

I'm actually feeling much better today. Not strong yet, but less fragile. I'm not saying all this for sympathy or anything, just that most people in my real life, except my boyfriend, don't know about the depression and I hate to dump on him all the time. I know it will be better in a few days.

Here's my PSA -- if you suffer from depression, see a doctor! I fought it for a long time, thinking I should be strong enough to handle it on my own. But it's a physical disease. Would you refuse to go to a doctor if you had diabetes, or a broken leg? The meds aren't a miracle cure. As you see, I still have bad days. But I have a whole lot more good ones. And the bad ones are tolerable.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    So apparently I’m a dunderhead – it’s just dawned on me that we rolled over last night! Thanks, Laurie!!!

Today needs to be Thursday Truth as I had a bit of a fight with the turkey pepperoni last night and the pepperoni won. I got home late, was starving and while waiting for dinner to cook the pepperoni fell into my hand and instead of eating just 8-10 pieces I ate 24. All-in-all not bad considering there are 17 slices to a serving – to put a positive spin on it, at least it was protein and low fat!

Wednesday Wish~That everything is okay with my grandmother. She was admitted to the hospital last night – she is 90 and was diagnosed with congestive heart failure many years ago and continues to surprise us but my mom said she has a LOT of fluid. They ran a battery of tests yesterday so will hopefully have results from some of it today. She and I are very close, I think I’m closer to her than my mom.

@Drojen~What a tragic way for your cousin to lose his wife. My cousin’s 5-year old son died drowning in a lake 2-years ago, such a tragic loss at such a young age – very hard to overcome, my cousin does the best that she can but it’s been a difficult adjustment for her family.
    @Vickie~I have the same problem, every night between 3-4am like clockwork!
    @Karen~Aw, thanks! :blushing: Below zero? Brr!!!
    @Tina~Hi!!! It will take a while for everything to fall into place. Remember we’re always here, you’ll get a routine figured out soon! Hope school is going well and you are enjoying it.
    @Robin~Have a fantabulous time in Jamaica! Wish I was leaving on vacation – I have two cruises booked, the first is not until October to Canada/New England and the 2nd is next March to Panama. It’s going to take me that long to save for everything! LOL
    @Des~Yay, for smaller clothes. Glad you are feeling better today!
    @Doug~Kudos to you for giving up caffeine, I don’t think I could do it. Awesome on the run, glad your foot is doing better!
    @pinkcloudrising~Like others suggested, you may want to talk to a professional to help you work through any emotional triggers that are causing the binges. To make this journey successful, it’s important to have support and motivation – support you can find here by checking in regularly. Also, if your emotional eating/overeating is to the point that you need one-on-one time, you might check your community for Overeaters Anonymous groups. As for motivation, just have a talk with yourself about why you want to lose the weight – truthfully if you aren’t honest with yourself and aren’t ready to make a commitment to a lifestyle change its hard to be successful. Lastly, start out slowly – change one habit, once you are comfortable with that change then change another habit.

Have a great day!
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Whew, finally, I'm catching up on personal posts. Weather is horrid here today. I was kinda hoping for school buses to be cancelled so I could have 1/2 day off, but no such luck..... And it means we won't get to the gym tonight. Will have to find something to do at home instead.

@vicki – I completely understand the water thing. I try to stop drinking it by 8:00 and then I can hopefully make it until 5:30 or so the next morning.
    @skinny – what you say makes sense. I think I will increase my time/endurance and not worry about speed. So, I will move onto the next plan next week. For me, running isn’t about the pace I do it, it’s the fact that I’m doing it at all! I have no plans to train for races yet – I found the last time that it was difficult for me to concentrate on both training for a race AND trying to lose weight. I want to be in ONEderland before I do a race again.
    @helena – I watch my sugar due to the diabetes factor. It is difficult to keep under that pre-determined number set by MFP. In order to do that, I do limit my fruit. I did a search to find which fruits were lowest in sugar. Thankfully, one of my favourites – raspberries – is on there. I still have a handful of fruit in my smoothie in the morning – but it’s blueberries and strawberries – I no longer use bananas (often – once in a blue moon). I find it’s keeping me away from my nemesis – chocolate. I do go over on occasion, but not like I used to before I started paying attention. I still eat a variety of fruit each day – blueberries, strawberries, apples, raspberries.
    @kaye – parties are always nice, but getting back to the regular schedule is always a welcome relief as well. I will have my ds’ 15th birthday in a couple of weeks. I’m thinking of taking him to a cupcake place and letting him pick out a fancy cupcake for his “birthday cake”. We never have big parties – never did as a kid and I don’t tend to now for ds either. He goes to a school that is 45 minutes from home and none of his classmates live anywhere near us so he’s never had a “friend” party. He’ll be excited to pick out his very own fancy cupcake and I won’t have to contend with leftover cake…..
    @Gorilla – congrats to your boys at their wrestling tournament. I’ve been fighting something off too – tis the season, I guess.
    @queen – I never get too uptight about my hair either. It always grows and I find I quite often have to take a couple of days to get used to it and do my own thing with it and then, even a bad cut will start to grow on me… Oh, did you see what I did there? “grow on me” LOL
    @Lin – hope your “stuff” gets worked out soon.
    @Doug – I quit caffeine over a year ago. It wasn’t as hard to adjust as I thought it would be. But I only had 1 cup a day, so perhaps that made it easier. I still have to odd coffee, but not often. And I find on those days, it does affect my water intake in a negative way. Much better off having water as my main source of liquid.
    @kah – your Grandmother will be in my thoughts today. And your cousin’s 5 yr old son – a devastating loss. I can’t even imagine. Your cruise to Canada/New England sounds great. I’d like to do that one sometime too – I live in Canada, but have never been down East and I really want to get there someday.
    @Robin – have a great time in Jamaica. That is one place I really want to go some day.

I’ve most definitely had enough winter. It can warm up and melt the snow anytime now. I think that may be my wish today. I wish for it to be spring!