Dessert Ideas Please!

Options

Replies

• DarkAngel262
    DarkAngel262 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Check out this webbie...tons of ideas and nutrition info on all of them!

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Any fruit + chocolate syrup approx. 100 cals depending on serving size

Microwave 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1 tsp honey microwave 25 secs. Use as a dip for apples (115 cals for the dip, apple depends on the size)

A half portion of most desserts

Check out cookinglight.com, I have their baking cookbook
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Two of my new favorite healthy treats are Oikos Key Lime and Cafe Latte Greek Yogurt......just enough sweetness (especially the Key Lime) that they could be considered a dessert.
    I do also eat them as meals and use them in smoothies as a meal.
    Another choice might be the Nature Valley Yogurt (Vanilla and Strawberry) granola bars.
    Kaye
  • SophieC19
    SophieC19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I like to have a few strawberries (5-6) with about 110g of Onken fat free Vanilla yoghurt :) It's quick and tasty! Works out about 130cals :)
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE Dessert Person. These are some of my faves!

Homemade frozen Yogurt: 35-100 Calories depending on yogurt of choice.( I use astro Zero or Silhouettes(35 cals), but Greek is great, too!) Mix together your favourite berries and yogurt in a container and toss in the freezer for 25 minutes.

Chapman's Fudge Lollies- 70 Calories for 2 sticks, my fiance and I have one each, so 35 cals per stick. Gives you that chocolate fix.

Homemade apple cobbler- Half of a sliced Apple, a tablespoon of your favourite Granola, sprinkle on some cinnamon and pop in the microwave for 15 seconds. Warm apple love!- 40 Calories(Could very depending on granola choice)

Banana Oreos: Half(or whole) banana, cut into slices. cover one slice with Peanut butter and top with another slice of banana. Repeat to other slices. Use a tablespoon of peanut butter in total. I use all natural peanut butter. *Picture Below*

*Chocolate Raspberry bites: Take a half cup of Raspberries and fill the raspberry holes with a Dark chocolate chip. Repeat with remaining raspberries. *I will also stuff the raspberries with blueberries!

4e3ed7e3-11cc-459f-8986-65e9ec959de2_zpsf3e56b1f.jpg
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    these ideas are awesome...

I like a banana or an apple dipped in 100% pure peanut butter... it hits the spot for me :)

OR, I bake the 1 banana to 1 cup of oats (mashed together really well) add a bit of vanilla extract, put them in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes and I have cookies. About 30 calories each - and yes I eat about 6 when I make them :/ If I add chocolate to them about 45 calories each.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Chocolate custard.

1 can coconut milk
    1 cup dark chocolate chips
    1 tsp of ground cinnamon
    splash of rum (optional)

Melt the chocolate chips in the coconut milk and add additional ingredients. Divide into small servings (7-8) and chill for at least 2 hours. You could add all sorts of flavors too. Quick, easy, and oh so yummy!
  • Santerre1984
    Santerre1984 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I like my chocolate and so when I came across the Fiber one cookies (at 90 calories a bar) I found myself a great little treat :)
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Open pint of ice cream calculate how much is 100-200 cals and eat that much
    Depending on the brand, that could be the amount of ice cream stuck to the lid. . . .
  • osmom3kids
    Options
    fate free cottage cheese with apple butter
  • Eeyore_Chick
    Eeyore_Chick Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I recommend Pavlova (http://allrecipes.com/recipe/the-best-pavlova/) - I usually make it with Splenda at home & will even add a little bit of whipped cream (also with Splenda) - it is a nice light dessert. Personally I make mini-pavlovas or pipe the meringue into little dessert cups & then fill them with fresh or frozen berries & a little whipped cream
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    Vitatops! Found in frozen food section. They are 100 calories for a frozen vitamin filled called. Lots of flavors too! Chocolate and carrot cake are my favorite.
  • KML617
    KML617 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Box of Angel food cake and a can of crushed pineapple, mix together and put in oven per directions on box - easy pesy

I've tried this and it's amazing!! :tongue:

I've also tried pretty much every skinny cow product... ice cream and candies... love them all! Most the ice cream bars are only 100-110 cal's and the ice cream sandwiches are closer to 150 cal's

I recently found a recipie to make chia seed pudding with unsweeted almond milk and fresh fruit that I want to try as well. Looks super yummy though!
  • CMcNeely13
    CMcNeely13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I too, have the world's largest sweet tooth. Hardest thing about changing my eating habits was cutting out the candy and cookies. Arctic Zero frozen desserts have been my lifeline. 150 calories per pint, fat free, lactose intolerant friendly, gluten free. You can eat the recommended serving (1/2 pint) for 75 calories and 10 sugars or eat the whole thing, guilt free. I always leave room in my calorie budget for this ice cream. Little on the expensive side at about $5 a pint, but totally worth it. I prefer the mint chocolate cookie, the chocolate and the chocolate peanut butter (see a pattern here?), but they also have strawberry, coffee, cookies & cream and vanilla maple. Find a flavor you like and be sure to let it sit out for about 10 minutes before you eat it. It will soften up and become the consistency of a soft serve ice cream. They also have "ice cream" bars at 85 calories each. I have some in my freezer, but have yet to try one. Something very ritual about sitting down at night with my pint and spoon, I guess. :smile: Check their website for stores near you that carry it. www.ArcticZero.com Good luck!
  • KML617
    Options
    I've found that you can make most recipies lower cal and/or fat too but adjusting the ingedients... if you have a current favorite recipie use the recipie builder on here and try subbing out eggs, with egg whites. Sugar, with artifical sweeteners. Flour with almond flour. Using apple sauce instead of so much oil... etc.

There are some good websites that have already altered dessert recipies to make them low cal.... check out skinnytaste.com, or detoxinista :tongue:
  • KML617
    Options
    Just found this the other day and they are wonderful. One box of Sugar Free Yellow Cake Mix only, 1 -1oz box of sugar free lemon pudding and 2 cups skim milk - mix together all three ingredients then fold in 1 cup of fresh blueberries. For the icing: 1 package of Neufchatel cream cheese - softened, 2/3 cup of plain greek yogurt and 1 cup of powdered sugar (I used 1 1/2) - its enough to ice 48 cupcakes. I calculated it all on here and it comes out to be 102 calories.

Mmmmm! :tongue:
  • NSP85
    NSP85 Posts: 27
    Options
    Jello's no bake cheesecake - made it last night. Delish!
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    TastyKakes! My favorite snack cakes. Butterscotch Krimpets are 120 calorie each, buttercream-iced chocolate cupcakes with creme filling 130 calories each. Since there are two in each pack, you either need the discipline to put one away for tomorrow, or someone to split the pack with (my son is usually good for the second). I find it's easy to eat just one since I know I can have them regularly, and they satisfy my sweet tooth extremely well.