• ISABELCOADY55
    ISABELCOADY55 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    hDF49772F

love this!! and yes. yes I do want to date you!! :flowerforyou:
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    It really does happen when you least expect it. The best love occurs by accident when you don't go looking, but instead it finds you. Just do you, get your education and live your life. It WILL happen :)
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Is meeting a guy really a problem for women? Go to a bar. Sit. They come talk to you. Women are the ones doing all the choosing and the only reason they're usually so frustrated about dating is they're picking the biggest douches they can find based 90% of looks. Then when it goes wrong they're completely shocked somehow. Start by ditching whatever shallow physical "type" you think you have and you'll probably have better luck.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I said the same as you.. I work full time as a sub, and go to school two nights a week for a total of 5 hours and 30 minutes.. meeting someone seemed impossible.

Meet a few people through Meetup groups, but nothing serious ever happened except learning exactly what I don't want. After how horribly things ended with the last guy, I pretty much swore off any man.

I recently went on a date with a man that I met on a dating site.. and I couldn't be happier.. lol. It just feels like we fit, and I don't feel like it's too good to be true... which could either be good or bad, but I guess I'll find out.

Maybe join a dating site, and see what happens... granted you'll have to weed out a lot of werido's who only want one thing, but there are decent ones out there.
  • xonikkixo_07
    xonikkixo_07 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    personally i wouldnt want to date a guy i met in a bar. Most men from bars are looking for a good time. Ive been single for awhile but i think its because im looking and not just waiting for it to happen. I went through a string of bad luck i relationships its definatly made me set my standards higher. I dont just want to settle for less than i deserve but it does suck being lonely.
  • xonikkixo_07
    xonikkixo_07 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    personally i wouldnt want to date a guy i met in a bar. Most men from bars are looking for a good time. Ive been single for awhile but i think its because im looking and not just waiting for it to happen. I went through a string of bad luck i relationships its definatly made me set my standards higher. I dont just want to settle for less than i deserve but it does suck being lonely.

Why are people lonely? Lonely is sad, alone, down, crying over ice cream. Lonely is pathetic.

I don't understand this. But, I think it's part of the problem. Stop being lonely. It's not an attractive trait at all.

Ohh no hunny you got it wrong im not lonely like that. Im a mommy to 2 kiddos and have lots of friends. I meant i dislike being lonely as in i miss the cuddling , the affection, and romance. Im not alone at all. sometimes it be nice to have a little me time be alone but then id probably hate it
  • tallgirlshelley
    tallgirlshelley Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Is meeting a guy really a problem for women? Go to a bar. Sit. They come talk to you. Women are the ones doing all the choosing and the only reason they're usually so frustrated about dating is they're picking the biggest douches they can find based 90% of looks. Then when it goes wrong they're completely shocked somehow. Start by ditching whatever shallow physical "type" you think you have and you'll probably have better luck.

I need to consider this. Although I don't really think women have all the power as far as choosing? I've done quite a bit of online dating (Match, OKCupid, etc.) and it is just such hard work and my self esteem has taken beating after beating. It's always lop-sided; either they don't dig me or vice versa. I must admit that I'm a sucker for a tall, handsome, beefy dude though. I've put up with a lot of crap from "gorgeous" guys that I wouldn't normally. Maybe it's not lowering my standards, just altering them?
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Men love a woman with confidence. Only boys dig chicks with low self esteem and no confidence.

Not true. Whilst confidence can be attractive, over confidence for me i.e. women who "know" / think they are gods gift to men are totally unattractive to me. The confidence that is attractive is someone who is happy with who she is and confident in that, and doesn't feel the need to ram that confidence down everyone else's fault.

But at the same time, if I am attracted to someone then I like them for who they are irrespective of whether they are confident or not. If you like them and get in to a relationship then to me part of being together is about helping that person to believe in themselves. There are amazing people out there in this world, who given a chance can be an amazing partner given a little chance and a boost, but unless i'm misunderstanding you, real men should just write these people off?

To me real men would do everything that they could to make the woman that they like feel like the most important person in the world irrelevant of what their confidence was to start with.
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I've been single for a while now and I have a desire to start dating. I just feel like I don't have time to go out. I work 35+ hours a week and go to school. I don't have time to go out and meet new people although I meet people in general just by working in retail. I feel though that wanting to go out and start dating is hindering me from doing so. They always say when you're looking for something you won't find it. I'm wondering though if by wanting something I'm actually looking for it? Tips and tricks to get into the dating scene? lol

Sounds like something casual might suit you better.

I'll inbox you my number.

Hahahaha! I just ended an 8 month casual fling.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Are you asking me out? or am i supposed to give advice?
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
  • mireyap21
    Options
    Aint nobody got time for this dating you speak of.
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options

Men love a woman with confidence. Only boys dig chicks with low self esteem and no confidence.

I don't know if we "love" a woman with confidence or we just don't want to hear her crap and complaints. There is nothing extraordinary about self confidence. Everyone should have it and when they don't, many whine about crap I personally don't want to hear.
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I know as for me and all my guy friends. We love a woman who is interesting, respectful, humble, nice and who can put down the iphone to talk.