Modest Midwesterners....show yourselves!

Options

Replies

• cwanek726
    cwanek726 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Wisconsin.. does that count??
  • Cullinanmarti
    Cullinanmarti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Westerville, Ohio here! Go Buckeyes!! (both husband and I are OSU alums).
  • grammysboy
    grammysboy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Grew up in the Ozarks of South Missouri. Have been in Northwest MO the last thirty years.
  • arnoswife
    arnoswife Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    WISCONSIN!!
  • miche_smash
    miche_smash Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wisconsin!
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    The name says it all.

tumblr_ltkniiGPJB1r3ty02o1_500_zpsbd9d5d41.gif
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I think you have to define your geography here. I am seeing posts from South Dakota, Kansas, all over. i don't mean to argue with those people if they are committed to the idea that they are Midwesterners. But, gosh ! Kansas is the Great Plains. South Dakota is the West. People in those regions are much different from Midwesterners. I would consider someone from Missouri a Midwesterner. But Kansas is a whole different donkey. North and South Dakotans have a lot in common with Minnesotans. But I have lived in Minnesota, and you can tell when you have crossed the state lines. The land opens up, and the people do too.
    C'mon, folks ! Let's get this right. Next thing you know, somebody from Ohio is going to claim to be a Midwesterner !
    Minnesota representing!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwestern_United_States

The Midwestern United States as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is one of the four U.S. geographic regions.[1] The area is referred to as the Midwest throughout the United States.

The region consists of 12 states in the north-central and north-eastern United States: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.[1] Illinois is the most populous of the states. A 2012 report from the United States Census put the population of the Midwest at 65,377,684. The Midwest is sometimes divided into two regions: the East North Central States, the Great Lakes States, which include Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Minnesota, and Wisconsin (states that come in contact with a Great Lake); and the West North Central States, the Great Plains States, which include Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, North Dakota, Nebraska, and South Dakota (states that are located within the Great Plains region of the country).

I would like to know who decided where the Mid-west is. Seriously...is it by the count of states from right to left? If you look at a map of the continental US, North Dakota straight down to Texas is pretty much the center of the country, so really, that would make Idaho, Wyoming, Montana, Colorado, Utah, and New Mexico the Mid-West.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Minnesota representing!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwestern_United_States

The Midwestern United States as defined by the United States Census Bureau, is one of the four U.S. geographic regions.[1] The area is referred to as the Midwest throughout the United States.

The region consists of 12 states in the north-central and north-eastern United States: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin.[1] Illinois is the most populous of the states. A 2012 report from the United States Census put the population of the Midwest at 65,377,684. The Midwest is sometimes divided into two regions: the East North Central States, the Great Lakes States, which include Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Minnesota, and Wisconsin (states that come in contact with a Great Lake); and the West North Central States, the Great Plains States, which include Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, North Dakota, Nebraska, and South Dakota (states that are located within the Great Plains region of the country).

Oh my goggle ! Next you are going to tell me that Texas is the Midwest. After all, it is in the middle of the country. And, heck, what about Arkansas?
    Jeez
  • agk14
    agk14 Posts: 3
    Options
    NW Indiana over here :)
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Iowa Native-born, raised and still here!
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Minnesota...ya you betcha dontcha know
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Iowa...
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Illinois...born on the south side of Chicago, now living in far NW suburbs.
  • Bolthouse26
    Bolthouse26 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    O H I O :)
  • marqcutie80
    marqcutie80 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Wisconsin here!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Missouri here
  • jennyk3298
    Options
    Michigan! Nothing beats living on the lake. Love our mitten state.
  • elimin8thew8
    elimin8thew8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Iowa here. Go Hawks!
  • nczuczu
    nczuczu Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Hi from Milwaukee, WI! (live north of Milwaukee, work in Milwaukee)