Most ridiculous serving size?

Options
I mean, besides Fig Newtons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBko_3wT44Q

Replies

• 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    the single cookie we get at the health food store.it is ONE cookie. we read the back today and a serving is HALF of the cookie!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's - 1/2 cup. Pure. Torture.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Ben & Jerry's - 1/2 cup. Pure. Torture.

No such size with Ben & Jerry's
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I can't go to the link, but let me know if we have to CPR a 2 fig newton eater.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I can work with 1/2 cup of ice cream. I once bought a bottle of green tea that was 17.3 ounces (I think). I thought the whole bottle was 60 calories, but no - it was 60 calories per serving, and the bottle contained 2-1/2 servings. What? Ridiculous!
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I don't know about serving sizes but I have an irrational hatred of any container that has fractional servings. Servings per container - 2.5. WTF?

"How many servings shall we put in a container? Two or three? Oh, *kitten* it, let's just split the difference and call it two and a half."

So if it's just me and the wife, we have to store or throw half a serving, or over-eat.
    If it's me, the wife and our daughter, we get stiffed on the servings, or have to open two packets and store/throw two servings.
    If my step-son is visiting, we have to open two packets, and store or throw a serving.
  • Bolthouse26
    Bolthouse26 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    The cream cookies .. oreos, snack well's, whichever .. serving size 3 cookies = 100+ cals
    I can never stop at 3 cookies .. especially when milk in involved.
  • TimSPC
    TimSPC Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I can't go to the link, but let me know if we have to CPR a 2 fig newton eater.

"How many did he have?!?! What is he nuts?!?"
  • originalkazila
    Options
    I was looking at a drink yesterday that had 263ml but a serving was 200ml.

What is that bull****?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts. 2 come in the pack. Serving size is 1. Who eats just 1 pop tart?
  • dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Popcorn and rice. Oh and noodles. It's the whole dry vs. cooked debacle. By the time I think I've figured out how much I can eat, I give up and throw the box back in the pantry. Not worth it.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts. 2 come in the pack. Serving size is 1. Who eats just 1 pop tart?

I know, right? You'd leave one lonely Poptart and no one wants that. :<
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Half a bag of popcorn? haha
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts. 2 come in the pack. Serving size is 1. What sane person eats pop tarts?

Fixed that typo for you. :tongue:
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I don't know about serving sizes but I have an irrational hatred of any container that has fractional servings. Servings per container - 2.5. WTF?

"How many servings shall we put in a container? Two or three? Oh, *kitten* it, let's just split the difference and call it two and a half."

So if it's just me and the wife, we have to store or throw half a serving, or over-eat.
    If it's me, the wife and our daughter, we get stiffed on the servings, or have to open two packets and store/throw two servings.
    If my step-son is visiting, we have to open two packets, and store or throw a serving.

So, so, so, THIS!!! And the pop tart thing the other guy said. Why IS there two in there if you're only supposed to eat one?
  • BearHugger78
    Options
    I have a bag of croutons in the cabinet... serving size 2 tablespoons. How are you supposed to measure that when most of the croutons won't even fit properly in an actual tablespoon? Why not just say "serving size about 2 croutons"? On top of that -- while it's obviously healthier to go with none anyway -- what kind of salad that includes croutons only uses two of them?
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Looking at a box of cookies last night, one servicing size was 7 1/2 cookies...little, itty, bitty cookies (think animal cracker size). Who would just eat 1/2 a cookie.

Cereal is the one I can't do. I was one of those growing up that would use an old butter tub for a cereal bowl. 1 little cup as a serving size...can't do it.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Looking at a box of cookies last night, one servicing size was 7 1/2 cookies...little, itty, bitty cookies (think animal cracker size). Who would just eat 1/2 a cookie.

Cereal is the one I can't do. I was one of those growing up that would use an old butter tub for a cereal bowl. 1 little cup as a serving size...can't do it.

YUP Cereal is a *kitten*! One cup! ONE! One freakin cup is supposed to do the trick?! NO! I REFUSE! Must..have..two..or..more..
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options

I know - right? And then you try to divide 17.3 into 2.5 servings and you get .....???? I can't do it without a calculator.