Most ridiculous serving size?

Options

Replies

• supergirljen
    Options
    I need to know who just eats half of the brick of ramen?? If I'm going to embalm myself with salt and carbs, I'm going big. I"m eating the WHOLE brick.

My Mom does..I told her that was the weirdest thing I ever heard!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Definitely peanuts. Do you realize how small 1oz is?!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts. 2 come in the pack. Serving size is 1. Who eats just 1 pop tart?

I totally agree!!!
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm, oddly enough, I love marshmallow fluff, but have yet to have the world renound macaroon. I'd have to try it and see if it's worth all the fattyness. Lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macaron

well I suggest you don't try making them at home first that is for sure, unless you need a war zone in your kitchen

Marshmallows. "Marshmallow is a confection that, in its modern form, typically consists of sugar, corn syrup, water, gelatin that has been softened in hot water, dextrose, vanilla flavorings, and sometimes coloring, whipped to a spongy consistency" - uhmmm spongy?! Well considering I used to eat paper tissues as a kid (don't ask) they may not be that bad after all...
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    A Tombstone pizza serving size is 1/5 of a pizza. How do you cut a circle into 5 equal pieces???

You know that a circle spans 360 degrees. Divide this by 5 and you have 72 degrees.

1) Use the protractor (a semi-circle) to create a full circle.

2) Make a mark on the circle at 0 degrees. Make 4 more marks at 72, 144, 216, and 288 degrees.

3) From the center of the circle, draw a line segment out towards each of those marks.

You now how 5 equal parts of a circle.
    Ha! I was going to suggest cutting it into 10 pieces and eating 2 of them. Problem solved. But your answwer is SO much better!:smokin:
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    ^This^

Most Little Debbie's have the same problem.
  • roadmapmaker
    roadmapmaker Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    A Tombstone pizza serving size is 1/5 of a pizza. How do you cut a circle into 5 equal pieces???

You know that a circle spans 360 degrees. Divide this by 5 and you have 72 degrees.

2) Make a mark on the circle at 0 degrees. Make 4 more marks at 72, 144, 216, and 288 degrees.

3) From the center of the circle, draw a line segment out towards each of those marks.

that you are correct - from a cartographer.. I am always chosen to cut the cake, pie and what ever!
  • sokkache
    sokkache Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Roasted seaweed package from costco is 5 servings per package(which is really stupid because nobody is going to count the amount of seaweed for each serving but luckily it's only 100 calories for the whole package and no sugar so I just eat the whole 5 servings.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options

Hmmm....do you think if we write to Tombstone, they might start including a protractor in each of their pizzas? :wink:
  • fancycupcake
    fancycupcake Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm having fun reading a lot of these - they are making me laugh! I used to relate to a lot of them..and then I got this magical thing....

If you're frustrated from trying to figure out how much is one serving or using 3 different measuring spoons for ridiculous things, I highly suggest you invest in a food scale!!! I use mine every day and has made tracking so much easier, and so much more accurate! Never thought I'd use grams in my life, and here I am, becoming familiar with them :D
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    any condiment which has a 1 tsp serving size (excluding hot sauce.) nobody puts that on a sandwich.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I like the 5 crackers from the Ritz boxes...how exactly can one be satisfied with 5 crackers? Or better yet, how do you make cheese sammiches with 5 crackers??? :tongue:
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    I have a bag of croutons in the cabinet... serving size 2 tablespoons. How are you supposed to measure that when most of the croutons won't even fit properly in an actual tablespoon? Why not just say "serving size about 2 croutons"? On top of that -- while it's obviously healthier to go with none anyway -- what kind of salad that includes croutons only uses two of them?

Totally this! HA HA HA
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options

THIS,
    a million times.
    Although--
    I -did- actually see some PopTarts in a single-serve package, just one inside.
    I was overjoyed.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    elios pizza. why would i eat just one of the 3 pizza squares? **** that im eating the whole long slice idgaf
  • GwennyH
    GwennyH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Tostitos Hint of Lime Tortilla chips. 6 chips = 150 calories. I'm still in mourning over the loss of this snack... :(
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Looking at a box of cookies last night, one servicing size was 7 1/2 cookies...little, itty, bitty cookies (think animal cracker size). Who would just eat 1/2 a cookie.

Cereal is the one I can't do. I was one of those growing up that would use an old butter tub for a cereal bowl. 1 little cup as a serving size...can't do it.

YUP Cereal is a *kitten*! One cup! ONE! One freakin cup is supposed to do the trick?! NO! I REFUSE! Must..have..two..or..more..

because it's PART of a well balanced breakfast, not the whole breakfast. have it with egg or something on the side and you will be content (or maybe not, a serving size is just one egg lol)
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    My life is over..... what in the world am I going to do with THAT?! shove that pink quarter back where you found it, please and thank you.

Macaroons are famous because they are very hard to make ("high kitchen" sweets) and in this country you have entire shops built around them - same in Western-Northern Europe.

My personal opinion it is an overhyped pastry sold at literally the price of gold... and it tastes like egg whites and SUGAR. But many people seem to love it.
    They are very fattening of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8elGvI1R_c

BAMF! How to make them for seemingly cheap.

Also, this thread is cracking me up because I'm thought ALL of this!!!! Like the poptart. Kudos to the man who said that first because it's HILARIOUS and true.
  • TahoeSki
    TahoeSki Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Agree, dry vs. cooked quinoa always has me vexed.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite cereal... Grape Nuts... Serving size HALF a cup... do you know how pathetic HALF a cup of grape nuts looks in the bottom of a bowl? Like it doesn't really even cover the bottom of the freaking bowl!

I purchased a bag of bagels once and the serving size was 1/3 of a bagel.. HOW THE HELL does that work?

Instant oatmeal packs.. At least they put one serving in each envelope.. but seriously, so ridiculously tiny.

There are some large shortbread cookies where I work. 480 calories for HALF the cookie. Why make a whole cookie and only make a serving half of it. and why make ANY cookie with 960 calories in the first place?????