what made you join MFP?

Options

Replies

• iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    The app got me.
    It was only later that I realized the rich diversity of smart-*kitten* know-it-alls and sexual deviants that lived here...and I felt truly at home.
  • DaddyCrossfit
    DaddyCrossfit Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Saw a friend tracking his foods on it with his phone. I'm a geek for data tracking and also trying to lose a few pounds. It was match made in heaven!
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Because SparkPeople sucks!!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i was fat an wanted to lose weight.

also, thong thursday
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Wife was using it and told me about it. Got "addicted" to it.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    A few people on another message board recommended it. MFP has been my best tool. :heart:
  • 1puffyheart
    Options
    I need to lose weight and not yo-yo for the rest of my life like I did on weight watchers counting points. I don't like counting points. I love the tracker on MFP, very easy to find any food. I also like the breakdown of nutrition information and the end of the day totals. Seriously, WW pales in comparison to this site - and this one is free! :wink:
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    For me, I was looking for a place to record my food diary and exercise, and, preferably, be able to do it with a phone app. That they had an app for both Android AND iPhone (I have both, mine, and my work phone), AND synced to the FitBit, was just icing on the cake!!!

Mmmm...cake... *grin*

It's worked well for me, I think!! I'm VERY satisfied!!!

-BootJockey
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    Saw a friend who was having such success using this site and so I joined! For the longest time I wasn't utilizing it, but after a while i did. I love this site and it is where i learned everything that i know about nutrition.
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    The other site i was using to log my food etc was really lame
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    A friend told me about it & I gave it a try. Before I was just going to the gym & hoping for the best--
    no real structure, or logging.
    My mind was blown when I logged the first day to see how many calories I was actually eating.
  • silversociety
    silversociety Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    peer pressure =P
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    I found it while looking for a calorie counting app so I can quit WW. Loved it and stayed :)
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    a friend told me about mfp after id told them i wanted to get healthier and lose weight.

havent looked back :)
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I wanted to start logging my food and a couple of my friends were like "We use this. You should too so we can be fitness-site friends AND real life friends." Seemed legit.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I wanted to lose weight to see if lifestyle/healthy choices would ease my pain. Short answer: YES. I loved WW, but HATED journaling. Wanted to find an easier (cheaper) way to do just that. And so I found MFP.
  • hilldiggity
    hilldiggity Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    My friend uses the iPhone app. I downloaded it, then came on the site. I almost never use the app and keep encouraging my friend to come on the site and interact with all of you fun, wonderful people! Having the support really makes a difference. :flowerforyou:

I had used CalorieKing in the past, so I was familiar with counting calories and that it worked great for me. I just hadn't realized there was a *free* site available with the same features! But I had reached 230, more than I had ever thought I would weigh (180 had always been my limit. Seroquel took that away from me quickly), and I knew I had to take action.
  • Malaak1477
    Malaak1477 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just recently joined ... I really like the fact that I can track what and how much I eat and log in my exercise routines with it. Its helping stay on track and do what I need to do.. lose the weight keep it off and keep eating healthy and within my caloric balance.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Acg......it's his fault, entirely.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I needed an easy calculator for recipes