Most ridiculous serving size?

Replies

• Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I like the 5 crackers from the Ritz boxes...how exactly can one be satisfied with 5 crackers? Or better yet, how do you make cheese sammiches with 5 crackers??? :tongue:
  • I have a bag of croutons in the cabinet... serving size 2 tablespoons. How are you supposed to measure that when most of the croutons won't even fit properly in an actual tablespoon? Why not just say "serving size about 2 croutons"? On top of that -- while it's obviously healthier to go with none anyway -- what kind of salad that includes croutons only uses two of them?

Totally this! HA HA HA
  • HerBravado
    HerBravado Posts: 392 Member
    Pop Tarts. 2 come in the pack. Serving size is 1. Who eats just 1 pop tart?

THIS,
    a million times.
    Although--
    I -did- actually see some PopTarts in a single-serve package, just one inside.
    I was overjoyed.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    elios pizza. why would i eat just one of the 3 pizza squares? **** that im eating the whole long slice idgaf
  • GwennyH
    GwennyH Posts: 80 Member
    Tostitos Hint of Lime Tortilla chips. 6 chips = 150 calories. I'm still in mourning over the loss of this snack... :(
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Looking at a box of cookies last night, one servicing size was 7 1/2 cookies...little, itty, bitty cookies (think animal cracker size). Who would just eat 1/2 a cookie.

Cereal is the one I can't do. I was one of those growing up that would use an old butter tub for a cereal bowl. 1 little cup as a serving size...can't do it.

YUP Cereal is a *kitten*! One cup! ONE! One freakin cup is supposed to do the trick?! NO! I REFUSE! Must..have..two..or..more..

because it's PART of a well balanced breakfast, not the whole breakfast. have it with egg or something on the side and you will be content (or maybe not, a serving size is just one egg lol)
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    My life is over..... what in the world am I going to do with THAT?! shove that pink quarter back where you found it, please and thank you.

Macaroons are famous because they are very hard to make ("high kitchen" sweets) and in this country you have entire shops built around them - same in Western-Northern Europe.

My personal opinion it is an overhyped pastry sold at literally the price of gold... and it tastes like egg whites and SUGAR. But many people seem to love it.
    They are very fattening of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8elGvI1R_c

BAMF! How to make them for seemingly cheap.

Also, this thread is cracking me up because I'm thought ALL of this!!!! Like the poptart. Kudos to the man who said that first because it's HILARIOUS and true.
  • TahoeSki
    TahoeSki Posts: 69 Member
    Agree, dry vs. cooked quinoa always has me vexed.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    My all time favorite cereal... Grape Nuts... Serving size HALF a cup... do you know how pathetic HALF a cup of grape nuts looks in the bottom of a bowl? Like it doesn't really even cover the bottom of the freaking bowl!

I purchased a bag of bagels once and the serving size was 1/3 of a bagel.. HOW THE HELL does that work?

Instant oatmeal packs.. At least they put one serving in each envelope.. but seriously, so ridiculously tiny.

There are some large shortbread cookies where I work. 480 calories for HALF the cookie. Why make a whole cookie and only make a serving half of it. and why make ANY cookie with 960 calories in the first place?????
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    cereal, who the hell eats 3/4ths cup?
  • Wanted to do homemade pizza for a treat. 1 thin crust pizza 10" base, sauce, mozerrella - low fat, ham, mushrooms, peppers. Nothing too bad. Serving size 1/4 pizza !! My 7 year old eats more than that!
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    popcorn, who pops popcorn and doesnt eat the whole bag?

Not this girl.
    I agree, anything where the package has a half of a serving. Annoying.
  • cailinlowe
    cailinlowe Posts: 161 Member
    salsa and most chip dips...

TWO TABLESPOONS?! i eat that on 1 or 2 chips!
  • MorganLeighRN
    MorganLeighRN Posts: 411 Member
    Grape nuts. 200 calories for HALF A CUP!!!! I am still famished after I eat a serving of grape nuts.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    I don't know about serving sizes but I have an irrational hatred of any container that has fractional servings. Servings per container - 2.5. WTF?

"How many servings shall we put in a container? Two or three? Oh, *kitten* it, let's just split the difference and call it two and a half."

So if it's just me and the wife, we have to store or throw half a serving, or over-eat.
    If it's me, the wife and our daughter, we get stiffed on the servings, or have to open two packets and store/throw two servings.
    If my step-son is visiting, we have to open two packets, and store or throw a serving.
    You know you don't have to follow serving sizes to a T right? Do whatever works for you and your macros.

Half a cookie is ridiculous LOL!

ETA: I agree, by the way, that fractional servings are stupid, I just mean you don't have to stick exactly to them or risk overeating or have to throw stuff out
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    A Tombstone pizza serving size is 1/5 of a pizza. How do you cut a circle into 5 equal pieces???

You know that a circle spans 360 degrees. Divide this by 5 and you have 72 degrees.

1) Use the protractor (a semi-circle) to create a full circle.

2) Make a mark on the circle at 0 degrees. Make 4 more marks at 72, 144, 216, and 288 degrees.

3) From the center of the circle, draw a line segment out towards each of those marks.

You now how 5 equal parts of a circle.

You would get a gold star on your geometry homework. See people? If your kids every complain about when are they ever going to use math in real life, show them this example right here. Math in action.

That is the best response yet, while I have two girls who are hating math right now. That is funny!
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    A suggested serving of steak is 3 oz.
  • Serving sizes with fractions in a container like 250 ml juice and the serving size is 200 ml.

Or like two cookies per serving.
    1/2 cup of ice cream per serving
  • elios pizza. why would i eat just one of the 3 pizza squares? **** that im eating the whole long slice idgaf

definitely! I forgot about Ellios
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Cereal and pop tarts.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    I don't know about serving sizes but I have an irrational hatred of any container that has fractional servings. Servings per container - 2.5. WTF?

"How many servings shall we put in a container? Two or three? Oh, *kitten* it, let's just split the difference and call it two and a half."

So if it's just me and the wife, we have to store or throw half a serving, or over-eat.
    If it's me, the wife and our daughter, we get stiffed on the servings, or have to open two packets and store/throw two servings.
    If my step-son is visiting, we have to open two packets, and store or throw a serving.

that made me laugh so hard ...awesome
  • jennifer907
    jennifer907 Posts: 84 Member
    Definitely Pop-Tarts! I have never in my life, just had one. Toaster strudels are just as bad.
  • A muffin -- read 230 calories. My ipod informed me it was for half a muffin, I was bumbed, I had eaten the entire thing.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    A Tombstone pizza serving size is 1/5 of a pizza. How do you cut a circle into 5 equal pieces???

You know that a circle spans 360 degrees. Divide this by 5 and you have 72 degrees.

1) Use the protractor (a semi-circle) to create a full circle.

2) Make a mark on the circle at 0 degrees. Make 4 more marks at 72, 144, 216, and 288 degrees.

3) From the center of the circle, draw a line segment out towards each of those marks.

You now how 5 equal parts of a circle.

You would get a gold star on your geometry homework. See people? If your kids every complain about when are they ever going to use math in real life, show them this example right here. Math in action.

I love this lol
  • emjoyhar
    emjoyhar Posts: 19 Member
    Arizona iced tea. It reads beautifully at around 50 calories, if you get the actual TEA ones, then it smacks you with the three servings. Ever look at the sugar content? If I drink the whole thing, I'm throwing off my sugar ratio intake. I'm trying to cut back because I have a serious sugar problem... lol
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    I have two bottles of the same brand of ranch dressing and the serving size is listed in grams on one and milliliters on the other. I get kind of irritated when something that CAN be listed in grams is listed in milliliters. I like to use my scale if possible and my math illiterate brain doesn't manipulate ml well.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next bottle is measured in fathoms...or fortnights? Leagues! Shakes of a badger's tail.
  • The dry vs cooked pasta thing drives me nuts too! LOL! But, I usually don't throw it back in the pantry...I just pick the lowest number and EAT! LOL
  • AWEsome!
  • Raybug0903
    Raybug0903 Posts: 86 Member
    Pop Tarts. 2 come in the pack. Serving size is 1. Who eats just 1 pop tart?

This. I was so upset when I finally read the label one day and realized it. S'mores are my favorite.
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    (haha I forgot the quote - it was for the cheesecake factory!)

YES THIS DRIVES ME CRAAAAAAAZY! I've actually asked them for their nutritional information and they looked at me crosseyed like they had just seen a ghost or a zombie :ohwell:

I ended up ordering a salad with balsamic on the side and a side of veggies :grumble:

But their food is SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!