Who is the most obnoxious person at YOUR gym??

Options

Replies

• MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Not obnoxious per se but the older ladies in the locker room....do you have to be naked the ENTIRE time pre and post shower? Doing their hair, make up, having conversations etc. All buck naked. I'm not a prude, but I am older and also fat and I cover that crap up so no one has to look at it.

WORD. Regardless of age or body type of how comfortable YOU are with it...don't need it in my face. Thankfully there's only one of those at my gym. But she's ALWAYS there when I am!!!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    i hate these damn threads. every time someone wants to start lifting they post how they are scared to go because they don't want to be judged. and i come in, along with tons of my "mean" friends, and we encourage them to just go work out and that no one is judging them, no one is thinking about them, no one is saying mean things behind their back.

and right as they start to believe it, they will come in an read bull**** threads like this one and wonder if someone is going to be making a post and laughing about them. thanks for making a liar out of me.

:heart:
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    The person who takes up to three or four different pieces of equipment at the same time. I will admit when I am the only one lifting I will use two back and forth. However, if there are several people I will do one activity and move onto another.

This may only bother me because the gym I attend is very small, and there is only one squat rack, smith machine, and cable machine. Monopolizing all of them just isn't right! :grumble:
  • babymariss33
    babymariss33 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    LOL!! I love this story. I wish I could watch this! Record it and post it to Youtube!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    i hate these damn threads. every time someone wants to start lifting they post how they are scared to go because they don't want to be judged. and i come in, along with tons of my "mean" friends, and we encourage them to just go work out and that no one is judging them, no one is thinking about them, no one is saying mean things behind their back.

and right as they start to believe it, they will come in an read bull**** threads like this one and wonder if someone is going to be making a post and laughing about them. thanks for making a liar out of me.

:heart:

Good Stuff Dav, I agree 100%
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    You know, the more into my workouts I get the less I notice/give a s*it what anyopne else there is doing. As long as they don't come near me when I'm lifting something heavy I honestly do not care how 'obnoxious' they are being.
  • Candylips70
    Options
    There is an older guy (60ish) at my gym who loudly grunts and moans - on the Elliptical!! :noway: I would be more understanding if he was really getting at it, but he just mozies on it for about 10 minutes :huh:
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    There is an older guy (60ish) at my gym who loudly grunts and moans - on the Elliptical!! :noway: I would be more understanding if he was really getting at it, but he just mozies on it for about 10 minutes :huh:

Maybe his hip hurts. That's what happens to old people. Their hips give out. Life Alert helps them when that happens.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to say "Who is the most obnoxious person on you FL." I'm glad it's not, because that would be a REALLY hard decision to make.
  • lynnw24
    lynnw24 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    There is a guy at my gym that tries too hard to look like Pauly D from Jersey Shore. I swear he puts extra hair spray in his hair before he works out!!

Or the dang people that don't wipe down the equipment when they're done. One day I'm gonna snap at them!!
  • MurphysLawTD
    Options
    What's FL?
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    The most obnoxious people are the ones who walk around pissed off at everybody all the time.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    What's FL?

Florida.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    What's FL?

Friend List.
  • MurphysLawTD
    Options
    What's FL?

Florida.

That's a pretty broad spectrum.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou:
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    There was a guy at the gym a couple of weeks ago that was "mentoring" a kid about 13 or 14. I was on a piece of equipment with my ipod but I didn't have it on, so I could hear everything. This guy started talking about working out and that he also comes to the gym to see all the "birds". OK I understand chicks...but birds? Then he proceeded to watch some woman and walked right into a pole right in front of me. I laughed hysterically....made him feel about 2 inches tall. He will not even look at me now! LOL
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I am the most annoying person in my gym.
  • violinkeri
    Options
    My gym is my living room, and the most obnoxious person there is my cat. The little a-hole attacks my ponytail when im doing crunches and jumps on my arms and chews my hands when i do chest flies. then when im on my feet he either watches me, staring, until i go back down, or sits in front of the TV, or attempts to destroy my yoga mat.

Can you imagine if someone at the GYM tried to do that to you?
  • FBU3760
    Options
    I am the most obnoxious person in any gym I've ever been.

I like to go to the gym in spandex. (I'm 52 and saggy as hell...)

And, then I pretend to be a karate expert and stand in the middle of the floor doing some shadow boxing and looking like I know what I'm doing. (I don't, but you wouldn't know the difference...)

And, then I mosey around giving advice like I know what the hell I'm talking about. (I don't, but because I'm old and mostly senile, I know you won't be rude to me...)

And, I wear sun-glasses and stare at all the chicks.