Come on you ninnies. Share your Food Log!

Options

Replies

• EmiBun
    EmiBun Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I log breakfast and dinner but snacks and lunch are part of a food plan so I put them in notes and just log the general calories
  • erin1276
    erin1276 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, a vast majority of the users on this site are NOT certified, trained, or otherwise experienced dieticians. Therefore, taking advice on my diet from most of the users here would be like taking structural engineering advice from my mailman.

Plus, most of the active users on this forum are too busy rating/dating/dumping/criticizing or saying something otherwise useless about the person "above them".

There's enough bad advice out there already, so I'm content to stick with my own, private research and will learn from my own mistakes.

My diary is restricted to my friends, and my friends are restricted to people I trust and haven't shown themselves to be morons...

I am in total agreement.
  • droneofvelvet
    droneofvelvet Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Mine is open for you to cast judgement upon.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    My log is public...but quite frankly, the only person I'm accountable to is me.
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm good thanks. Like all the people on my FL, I'm a grownup that can decide what to shove down my throat. I don't really care what they eat, I assume that as grownups, they can decide for themselves. As such, I don't look at their diaries and I don't comment on diaries because what constitutes a "good" day for me may be very different than it is for them-who am I to play judge and jury? And as a grownup, I'm fully aware that the 1/2 a cheesecake I ate wasn't a good choice. I really don't need that pointed out to me. And if it was, then next time I wouldn't log it-which would defeat the purpose of having a food diary.

And how sad that people assume the only way to offer support to their friends is by viewing their food...

^^Totally agree with this - well said.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I find I am more honest when I keep my diary private. Also, what goes into my body is my business. I know what I said...
  • Guinevere117
    Guinevere117 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Mine is open! ^_^!
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    And how sad that people assume the only way to offer support to their friends is by viewing their food...

Exactly.
  • CkepiJinx
    CkepiJinx Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    While mine is public, I never really understood people who complain about people who kept theirs privAte, why chastise them, not saying original op is, but I have seen others go on and on about why every one should open up their food logs.

If you are looking for public logs why not simply start a post saying that you are looking for people with open logs? People who have public logs can let you know and people who don't aren't made to justify their personal decision.

The only caveat to this is those that ask for advice because to give relevant advice we need to see what your doing.

Happy weight loss every one!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Mine's always open. Peek if you wanna creep; couldn't care less.

I like being able to see into people's diaries. Sure, they don't HAVE to make them public or visible to me, but I prefer it. Gives me recipe ideas, meal ideas, and a general idea of what kind of person I'm dealing with; am I talking to someone eating at a reasonable deficit to lose weight, or a another like myself on bit of a bulk? Or am I dealing with one of the many ~800 calorie a day ED's that consistently seem to try and add me.
    That kind of info I find interesting, and useful.
  • ChristineH1001
    Options
    Mine is open and I could use some help too!!:wink:
  • UsernameStillLoading
    Options
    Nope. Someone would stage an intervention if they saw my food log.

MFP intervention :wink:
  • Artemis00diana
    Options
    Mine's open, and I would love some comments on it! ^^
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Mine's open. I'm trying to eat better food, and welcome advice. Except my sweet treats. If anyone TOUCHES my sweets, they are gonna lose a few fingers. K? Glad we got that settled...
  • FightTheFrump
    FightTheFrump Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I keep mine private so people don't know I have wine for lunch ! Lol

I might have just been thinking the same thing. :)
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options

GMTA!!!! I have been known to go whole hog healthy all day, and have an extra glass of vino or two to kill the calories I have left.

I feel that opening my diary would simply encourage people to lose weight by drinking wine, LOL.... (I kid, I kid...About this paragraph, LOL...)

I am honestly more anal about logging every bite when my food log is for my eyes only.
  • Schmidty102
    Schmidty102 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Mine's public. :)
  • FightTheFrump
    Options

GMTA!!!! I have been known to go whole hog healthy all day, and have an extra glass of vino or two to kill the calories I have left.

I feel that opening my diary would simply encourage people to lose weight by drinking wine, LOL.... (I kid, I kid...About this paragraph, LOL...)

I am honestly more anal about logging every bite when my food log is for my eyes only.

LOLz about the wine. And I hear you about the food diary. For me personally, I like the accountability of having my friends see what I eat. It kept me from eating frosting out of a jar today. Seriously. (It was really good chocolate cupcake frosting that I made myself. I need to dump it in the trash. Then dump coffee grounds on top of it. )
  • ravenstar25
    ravenstar25 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    No. I know people will pick on me for what and how I eat. There's actually a ton of BAD science that people believe in and I get tired of having to repeat myself all the time (for instance, the 8 cups of water a day is absolute bunk. There is not one single study showing any evidence that it is helpful in any way. Yet everyone believes it.)

I eat what I want, in small amounts. I don't believe in this crazy notion of "healthy" or "unhealthy" food.
  • FightTheFrump
    Options
    No. I know people will pick on me for what and how I eat. There's actually a ton of BAD science that people believe in and I get tired of having to repeat myself all the time (for instance, the 8 cups of water a day is absolute bunk. There is not one single study showing any evidence that it is helpful in any way. Yet everyone believes it.)

I eat what I want, in small amounts. I don't believe in this crazy notion of "healthy" or "unhealthy" food.

I only drink that much water when I do bikram and I am sweating my *kitten* off. I drink when I'm thirsty.