Are there people who eat real food out there?

Options
I want some real food eaters that fill out and allow viewing of their diary to add me. I want to get more meal and food combination ideas with out protein powders, protein bars, and most other processed food. I want healthy whole food eaters.

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I prefer real food over food-like substances.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    tumblr_ly0v3rQH481qej7pq.gif

Unless you hate sugar, of course. Some people don't consider it to be healthy. :ohwell:

:smokin:
  • terrib1980
    terrib1980 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want :) The foods I eat are pretty boring but I don't use powders or shakes etc.
  • curejenn
    curejenn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of real food! I do also have a protein shake daily as a snack because it helps me get in all my protein but other then that I really try to stay away from processed foods. I lost weight that way a while back with weight watchers and also spent a billion dollars on groceries that werent good for me.
  • Reneeisfat
    Reneeisfat Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You can add me :)
  • blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yep, the only "not real" food I eat is probably protein powder.. but otherwise fruit, vegies and meat are good to go!

Also seeing posts where the recipes only include process foods like jello and sugarless cream irks me. I know it's what people like, but its not for me.

Add me if you like.
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I eat real food. Pretty much most of the stuff I eat is the same things I ate when I was heavy, I just learned about portion sizes. And I love to cook from scratch..a lot!

ETA: you can add me if you like :flowerforyou:
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I don't purport to be the healthiest eater around, but I eat real food. I don't do protein powders or shakes. I'm a working mom of 3, so my diet is easy & kid friendly.
    Add me, if you like.
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Oh oh pick me!
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat "manufactured" foods...meaning the kind of stuff you mention. I prefer to eat what I call the "loop diet"...by that, I mean, all the healthiest foods are in the outer edge of the store, so I walk in, pick up a basket, and walk up the produce section, along the back to the deli and meat counters, and then down the other side for the dairy, and then to the register.

I don't spend much time in the center aisles.

Friend me if you like!

-BootJockey

If you're tired of starting over...
    STOP GIVING UP!!!

-Do It Now!
  • leelu137
    Options
    You can add me. I hate packet food. It's usually cheaper and tastes better if you make it yourself.
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Feel free to take a look at my diary. We do a fair amount of Asian and Indian cooking, which may not be to everyone's liking, but I find it's a good way to get a lot of veggies in.
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I eat real food, I still have the cheeseburger when I want it and tonight I had half an apple strudel to satisfy auntie flo. The past three weeks I have lost a pound a week. I don't do shakes, bars or any of that stuff. I also don't eat wheat because it gives me a stomach ache. Feel free to add me.
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You can look at my diary. I keeps it real. :smile:
  • kawaiiblu
    Options
    I sent you a friend request. Also if anyone else wants to friend me please go ahead!

For some background, I'm 26/f 5'2". I started at 180lbs in October 2011 and lost 20 lbs that winter. Then I gained 10 back to get up to 170. Now I've lost another 20 lbs since November and am currently at 152 lbs. My goal is to get into the healthy weight range, 137 lbs or lower.

I try to eat very healthy, I cook most of my meals from skinnytaste.com. The recipes there are delicious and help you with portion control too. I also eat Paleo from time to time.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of real food, but I had a lean cuisine for lunch and I am eating candy right now, but my diary is open to the public.
  • PhotogirlTX
    PhotogirlTX Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Only real food here. No diet, no low fat, no processed. Nada. I don't drink soda... I have wine and beer from time to time... but mainly, I have fresh fruits and veggies... beans, chicken, beef and fish. Now my diary may be boring because I have the same things all the time... but if I want something I eat it.. I just make sure I get my workouts in and stay within my calories.

Today.... dark chocolate and an ounce of whiskey! YUM. :-) And I'm still averaging 2 pounds a week loss.
  • sgrubby
    sgrubby Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of real, healthy whole foods. As a former chef I know how to work with the natural flavors, tastes and textures of food without mucking it up with a bunch of highly processed crap. Feel free to friend me if you want.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    donkey-pick-me-o.gif
  • jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My diary is open too. I would echo what most people said already. Real food is the way to go. I do have protein powder to start the day. I'm exploring different protein powders, and I just picked up some packets of plant-based protein that I'm really excited to try. I tend to eat the same things for several days because I cook something and eat leftovers for awhile. There's really great websites about eating whole foods out there too. I've gotten some good information from thriveforward.com. It seems like there are a lot of resources available for eating whole foods. :)