Alcohol

Options
Do any of you still have a glass of wine here and there or other spirits? I know its taboo when trying to become healthier and more fit but, sometimes I need a little red wine! If any of you do still indulge, how much, how often and what?

Replies

• BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I am on drink number 5 for the night =)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I am on drink number 5 for the night =)

^^^ Haha!!! I had 3 glasses tonight...I'm doing just fine with my diet and exercise thank you very much!
  • Peanutbutterx
    Options
    I drink on the weekends sometimes a couple of glasses of red wine, but jack an diet coke is yummm :)
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    i drink 1-2 small glasses of wine most nights, and a bit more on the weekend. I measure it and i work it into my calories. I eat a lot of vegetables and I can fit it in, so I do.

any diet that makes me give up having a wine is pointless - gotta enjoy your life as well as be thin
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I am currently not trying to lose weight BUT when I was I would normally go out once a week and drink and skip logging it. ** I still lost weight with no problems*
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a drink in over ten years. And I haven't missed it.
    Alcohol is just liquid calories.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a drink in over ten years. And I haven't missed it.
    Alcohol is just liquid calories.

and many foods are just solid ones....
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I have Jameson once or twice a week
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Hiccup
  • jneill69
    Options
    I love my beer. I figure as long as I don't deprive myself of food to "horde" calories for beer, and as long as I count everything I drink, I've got nothing to worry about.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I'm having a Blue Moon with my pizza slice.
  • greyoutside
    Options
    I only drink on weekends and I do not log those calories (I don't think I want to know!). My weight doesn't seem to suffer from it.
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    ^^^ Haha!!! I had 3 glasses tonight...I'm doing just fine with my diet and exercise thank you very much!

^^This^^
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I've really cut back on the alcohol, mostly I was a beer drinker.

Can't say that I really miss it. I certainly don't crave it, and I didn't have trouble cutting back to my current amount which probably averages out to 1 drink every other month. I'm pretty much in maintenance mode now, but the cutting out of the alcohol I did was mainly because I wanted to see how I felt.

This Sunday I'm going to a beer tasting, but that will be just small glasses to contrast and compare the different brews.
  • Jacquiesteer
    Options
    I have a drink or two every other night. I choose low calorie high effect drinks like scotch with soda water or vodka with diet soda but I always log it in my daily food diary and make sure I'm under in calories... Generally I can't have any snacks on a day when I'm drinking - just three main meals (usually meat and salad, no carbs).

I've lost steadily since I joined.

I agree with the idea that any diet that makes me give up alcohol ain't gonna work but sometimes you have to modify what alcohol you drink. I used to love my red wine but it's just too high in calories. Now I have red wine once a week or on special occasions and stick to spirits with water or diet soda for all other occasions. :drinker:
  • LisaO85
    LisaO85 Posts: 152
    Options
    I love a good micro-brew beer. Even though is way more calories than the mass produced stuff you can buy. I enjoy it much more and do not feel bad about having 1-2 ( sometimes more).
  • butterflydrumm
    butterflydrumm Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wine does have health benefits if it is not over consumed, look into it. It will make you feel better lol. I don't drink it as often because of the calories but if I have room for it at the end of the night , then I don't think twice about having it. If you don't have enough calories , you can make it a wine spritzer also with one or two ounces of wine per 4 oz of diet squirt and it is amazing. If you have a couple of those it still may only add up to one glass of wine in the end but you do not feel deprived
  • JoQuinn523
    JoQuinn523 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    This is a LIFESTYLE CHANGE and giving up stuff you enjoy is not LIVING
    I have and enjoy wine every week - get my exercise in and stay under calories
    ITS AL:L GOOD =)
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I have lost 120+ pounds and never stopped drinking alcohol. I try and keep it to weekends...try
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I have a drink once a week at least. I love my wine lol. I have a bottle of Pinot Grigio tonight, I just can't stop with a glass haha.