Opinions please: Why do women get breast implants?

Options

Replies

• VeganCoco
    VeganCoco Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I believe if women are really honest about it.... they do it to get attention from men.

Of course there are rare exceptions, like women who have tiny breasts and can't find clothes to fit them well.

Very very closed minded view of women, yes everything women do is to get attention from men, OBVIOUSLY.
  • Mumbles83
    Mumbles83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    i guess they dont feel happy with their body, but damn i wish they wouldnt !, im not a big boob fan and certainly not silicone
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Because cancer took the ones that God gave them!!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Women get breast implants to increase the size of their breasts. Different women do it for different reasons, because they are kind of like people, that way.
  • bonsaiblossom
    bonsaiblossom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I got a breast augmentation to make my breasts larger and I did it for myself. I was happy with my body before, I just wanted bigger breasts and I had the money to do it, so... :)

oh.. editing to say that your brother sounds like somewhat of an ignorant person who objectifies women (even if a women did choose to get a breast augmentation for attention, so what, its her body. Not every women gets their breasts enhanced to "impress" men... if he seriously thinks that, he doesn't deserve to even be in the presence of woman. women are not tools to be used.
  • traceybarbour
    traceybarbour Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Mismatched o_O
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Straight up..........................to compete with other women.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Straight up.........WRONG!!!!!
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    for themselves, I don't know anyone who would have a surgical procedure done, just to make someone else happy.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    If I was to get implants, it would be for me. I sure want the opposite sex (and same sex) to find me attractive, but I'd never try impressing anyone with the size of my chest. I want people to be impressed with my heart. :) Hope you win your argument!!
  • MaintainCats
    MaintainCats Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Everyone does it for different reasons. That is like asking, "Why do people brush their teeth?" Some do it due to societal pressure, some do it because they want clean teeth, some do it because they think bad teeth look ugly, etc etc etc.

If I had the option to get a breast lift when I am at my goal I totally would. I had 2 kids that I nursed for 14 months each. What I see in the mirror isn't what I see in my head and I would prefer the two things match at some point.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I know women who got them to help them to help their careers (mostly actresses). A friend of mine who just survived breast cancer got them recently as a reward for herself. I'm considering them for myself because after all this weight loss I want a breast lift, but still want to keep my G cup size.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'll get 'em. Not for anyone else but me... I'm happily married and MrBigMack enjoys me as I am. I, however, know what beautiful breasts look like. After nursing 2 babies for a combined total of 3 1/2 years, losing 60 lbs before my two pregnancies and putting on 70 lbs during my first pregnancy... then losing all the weight again it is safe to say mine don't resemble the beautiful ones.

I get self-conscious about them when I'm naked both alone and with my husband. They're not just small, they're deflated, ugly, flimsy :sad:

So is it for others? Only so that I can feel secure knowing mine look somewhat closer to the beautiful ones out there. Is it for my husband? Sure. He has eyes... he knows what the beautiful breasts look like too. But mostly it's just for me.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Women get breast implants to increase the size of their breasts. Different women do it for different reasons, because they are kind of like people, that way.

:flowerforyou:
  • BriUndead
    Options
    Because they're insecure. Also probably for attention. I honestly think getting breast implants is stupid. You shouldnt use plastic surgery for vain reasons. I understand if you had breast cancer and you might want breast implants. I think women should just learn to be happy with their bodies. Just because you have big boobs doesn't make you better or prettier than someone else. Plus why would you want to be fake? There's also so many medical complications that can happen and its a waste of money.
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    The bigger the better

Nah, the French say that any more than a mouthful is a waste.
  • bonsaiblossom
    bonsaiblossom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Because they're insecure. Also probably for attention. I honestly think getting breast implants is stupid. You shouldnt use plastic surgery for vain reasons. I understand if you had breast cancer and you might want breast implants. I think women should just learn to be happy with their bodies. Just because you have big boobs doesn't make you better or prettier than someone else. Plus why would you want to be fake? There's also so many medical complications that can happen and its a waste of money.

I love my implants, my fake lovely implants, I must be extremely vain and insecure. Hope you feel better soon :) xoxo
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    So if women genetically have no boobs they should learn to live with it, but if they had some and had to get them removed its ok to get new ones? Doesn't really make sense. If i had to get the small amount i do have removed could i get bigger ones? Or are the rules that i would have to get tiny implants lol
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    That is extremely judgmental, immature and actually hostile.

Do you try to tell people how to live their lives and determine what is acceptable in other respects? What women "should" do is what makes them happy and not live up to what other people think they "should" do.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,670 Member
    Options
    Straight up..........................to compete with other women.

IDEA Fitness member

Straight up.........WRONG!!!!!
    So then most women DON'T get them because they feel self conscious about how they look compared to how another female with pretty breasts looks?
    Breast implants aren't needed. That's why the sugery isn't usually covered by medical insurance.

Same reason why men look to get six pack abs or penile enlargement.

It's really all boils down to "one upping" the competition.

Yeah, people will say they do it for themselves to feel better about themselves. But people feel bad because they're comparing themselves to others.

Let's be honest here. Pretty, firm, looking breasts get wanted attention, compared to breasts that hang. Implants don't improve physical health in any way.

I'm not against them, but if we're answering the OP question with honesty, it's really just boils down to "one upping" the competion.

IDEA Fitness member
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options

I'm not against them, but if we're answering the OP question with honesty, it's really just boils down to "one upping" the competion.

IDEA Fitness member

Ahhh, so that is why some male body builders/weight lifters get pectoral and calf implants - the competition. Would you agree to this, that when men bulk up then cut and weight lift (heavy lifting etc), is it for an improved body composition and to look good naked - for self OR is it purely to "compete with other men." A total lifestyle adjustment VS a few hours of harvesting fat +sorting stem cells + procedure+ 3 months waiting period for the breast tissue to grow = bigger boobs.