I am an enormous failure

Options

Replies

• boey2
    boey2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I lost about 2 stone 2 years ago and now have put so much back on. I feel so depressed about it,
    Therefore I will comfort eat to make myself feel better. After trying to struggle with this idea of being fat and feeling horrible for the past few months, I have decided that it is only me who can change the way im feeling, so I am going to try and give this dieting a good shot again.
    I feel I owe it to myself not to feel so down and horrible about myself, but I also realise that if people look badly of me just because of my weight they are not worth it.
    So remember we are not failures. We can do this for ourselves because we deserve to be happy and feel good.
    I am going to add you , so we can support each other.
  • mommymovingmountains
    Options
    Please don't give up. "Fall 1000 times, Get back up 1001" We all have times that bring us down (for all kinds of reasons) but you have lots of friends here to help pull you back up.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You are so not alone. This last year sucked, and I questioned my self worth and why I was here. I come home to an empty house too. But believe me when I tell you that God has a purpose for you or you would not be here. Lose the weight for yourself - no other reason. Sending a friend request.
  • wheldar
    Options
    Thanks for your honest sharing.

I do understand the lack of motivation as I lost 20% of my bodyweight and over a year gained back 30% more. I was devastated and lost as what to do. My biggest problem was I did not have support after I lost the weight and got back into old, bad habits and went crazy eating myself back and beyond where I was originally.

I have found so many helpful and understanding folks here to give me the support I really need to stay focused and on plan.

Just the fact that you reached out means you have not given up, at least to me. This was a first BIG step...asking for help.

Changing our bodies also includes changing how we think, a sort of re-programming, if you will. It has been said that is takes a minimum of 3 weeks to change a behaviour, this also includes changing physical action like working out or doing any physical activity with any regularity. Find a plan and plan to stay focused to meet a small goal at first. Kind of like the old question: "How do you eat an elephant?...one bite at a time". Small goals will be achievable and will bolster your energy to continue your goal journey. You can then daisy-chain small accomplishments together and achieve the larger goal you seek.

Glad you shared your situation. You can make the changes you want, but you will have to take a first step to do so.

Please add me as a friend and I will do what I can for support. Being new here, I may not have much to offer in the health and fitness end of this plan. But, I am able to give both positive and constructive feedback and will always tell you what I REALLY think.

Again, thanks for reaching out. You can have all the support here you can handle.
  • bonuskid40
    Options
    Brian, you are NOT an enormous failure. I read your profile and looked at your pictures. You're a good looking guy, and smart, too. Let me tell you a bit of my story. I was diagnosed as diabetic a couple of years ago, so went to diabetes nutrition classes. My doctor wanted me to attend those classes and insurance paid for it. You might want to talk to your doctor about attending some nutrition classes and be sure you record everything you eat and exercise you do on MFP. It really does help you keep track, but a nutritionist can give you dietary guidelines which are very helpful.

Join a gym, and if you smoke, quit. I quit smoking after 35 years. So happy about that, but I absolutely had to because of the diabetes. I quit during Lent with Chantix. Speaking of Lent, I know it sounds corny, but a church community can offer encouragement and support. The peace and serenity in a church before mass or services begin imprints itself on you, I believe. It is very comforting.

I was doing the online dating thing for a while after my divorce, and got so discouraged, I quit looking for a while. I then resolved that God helps those who help themselves, so 11 years ago, I entered in the word "Catholic" into the search engine and found the most wonderful man. We have been married a little over 10 years and are so so happy and grateful to have each other.

You can do it. You've done it before. My husband and I joined a gym a few months ago, go every other day for about an hour, and have met some really nice people. We view it as a social activity as well as exercise, and only pay $30 a month for the both of us. That's works out to a dollar a day. We joined Planet Fitness under the no obligation plan, because we were not gym people at all, but we absolutely love it now. They have signs up that say "No judgement zone." It's so true.

You can do this, Brian! Go, go, go!
  • misslindseylou
    misslindseylou Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Reading this made me feel like it was something I could've written about my own feelings towards myself. Here I am, 23, and I have never had a boyfriend, still a virgin, and have never been on a legitimate date...and I feel like even at 23 nobody will ever want to give me a chance, let alone love me. I mean, I'm 375 pounds and I don't feel like I'm attractive at all. But what you and I, and people like us have to keep in mind, is that we have to do this for ourselves and fall in love with ourselves first before we'll be ready for someone else to fall in love with us. I think you're ready to fall for yourself, and I am, too. If you ever want to talk or anything, feel free to message or friend request me on here.
  • musclemama2
    Options
    There is always hope. You are alive and capable. Do not stop fighting.
  • philomen
    philomen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    consider yourself hugged.You are so much more than your body size .Keep writing .People will respond .I am sorry you are in so much pain.Get some sleep .Alot of people here are familiar with these feelings .Another hug .take care.
  • skassman345
    Options
    You are not a failure!! You are very brave for posting here.

I am amazed at the outpouring of support out here! I'm relatively new to MFP, but it's good to see so many who struggle like me, and have overcome the battle. Also good to see that we are never "cured". I had a friend tell me once that we can never stop fighting, never stop working at it. Some people may be 'lucky' about not having to watch their weight, I'm not one of them.

You can do it!! We can all do it!! I am so glad I found MPF.
  • Benitagorman
    Options
    I felt very touched by your story, I thank you for sharing. I will be your friend! Friends do not judge... I feel your pain with being lonely. I recently ended an unhealthy relationship and am feeling the void.

I will send you prayers of wellness and I encourage you to visualize what it is you want for your life. Eat, move and breathe my friend and you will make changes to your body, mind and spirit and you be empowered.

Benita
  • mjkpe
    mjkpe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I too like many others have sent you a friend request. No this is not for pity. We never need help with that do we? And no you are not a fraud. In the short time on here I have found some very caring people. We can support each other!
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    So sorry you feel like this.. I have friended you and hopefully with the support from us you can do this again. We have all been where you are and know how you feel.. Good luck on your journey.
  • Brynn5859
    Options
    Saving... because this touched me so deeply, and because I can relate to these feelings so closely. I am 58 years old and still fighting that emotional battle with food. You are still a young man. You WILL have the wife and family you desire, I just know it. A sincere, loving and appreciative man is hard to find, and you also seem to be a very attractive man. I'm rooting for you. Believe.
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    you are NOT a failure. You have not given up. You being on here proves that. 32 means you have a lot of itme to get things right.
  • cmnewhouse
    Options
    You are only a failure if you give up. You wouldn't have posted if you did give up. You are only 32, you have your whole life ahead of you. You did it once you can do it again. You need to find friends to support you. All of us here will do that!
    :wink:
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Get back up, you only fail when you stop trying. Women appreciate men with determination.
  • greenpointmoni
    Options
    Don't waste another minute. You can do this! Saggy skin can be fixed. You deserve to be happy, don't let anything stand in your way.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Saving... because this touched me so deeply, and because I can relate to these feelings so closely. I am 58 years old and still fighting that emotional battle with food. You are still a young man. You WILL have the wife and family you desire, I just know it. A sincere, loving and appreciative man is hard to find, and you also seem to be a very attractive man. I'm rooting for you. Believe.
    :heart: Written from the heart, so beautifully it really touched me!:flowerforyou:
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    It would really help if you went back and thought - what worked, and what didn't. When did you start to slip? How could you prevent that from happening again?

Assess your previous success/relapse and see where to go from there.

I wish you the best of luck.
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Not sure how or why this thread got resurrected but maybe Brian (original poster) can post an update on how he's doing. He's one of my MFP friends. He's joined a second gym and is working with a trainer. I think he's logged into MFP over a 100 days in a row! So he's definitely not giving up, and definitely doing some things right!