Are you looking for new friends? Start here :)

Options

Replies

• BarbaraAnn1949
    Options
    Hi I am not so new,but I am looking for new dedicated friends on here, who really want to lose weight with me. I have lost 55 lbs so far. I count calories and exercise 4 to 5 times a week for just over 1 year now. I am 8 lbs away from my goal and will not give up. I plan on sticking with this program to maintain also. I love how I look and feel now. Please add my name and be my friend. :flowerforyou: I am BarbaraAnn1949 I am 63 yrs old . Anyone can add me .
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Hey all....I am not new but I am looking for more friends.

I am 29 years old. My starting weight was 175 and I am currently at 157 lbs. My goal is to get down to about 18%-20% body fat. I am currently working on C25K and also doing NRWL for women. And I am doing all of this as a former smoker (2 months).

I am encouraging and try to be motivating. I am a firm believer that you can eat whatever you want and still get thinner and healthier, you just have to know how to work food and nutrients to your advantage. Don't believe me? I had lasagna last night that was only 440 calories a serving and just as big as any serving you would get from Olive Garden (tasted better too).

Keep in mind...I do not encourage extreme deficit diets, and if you are constantly under net I will call you out on it and ask questions. I have befriended people who have done this in the past and called them out only to get excuse after excuse...in which they were quickly unfriended.

I wouldn't mind more "clean eating" friends, but I also dont' want to be knocked on for turning to a jar of marinara sauce because of the lack of schedule space I sometimes have due to work.

Sorry if this was very blunt, but I have found you often times need to be on this website. Add me if you want to.
  • dancingqueen105
    Options
    Hi! I'm Morgan, but y'all can just call me dancingqueen if you want! :)

I'm a student and I'm looking forward to losing some weight! I'm starting out at 230 lbs - what a shocker - & my UGW is 150. :) I'm hoping to lose this weight by next summer so I can FINALLY wear a bikini. Anyone can add me if they're looking for support & friendship through our journey!
  • catmanor
    catmanor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hi from New Zealand!

Ive been on MFP for almost a month now and am loving.

have lost 7 of my 66lbs that I want to drop.

Am up for more friends and support and I have an open diary.

Looking forward to a new me with a healthier life!
  • Tamra_Lee
    Tamra_Lee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just started using this. Motivation is very low and could use a lot of encouragement because I have a loooong way to go. Nowhere near seeing that light at the end of the tunnel...I always seem to give up before I really start. Friend me and give me some of your best encouragement, I need it! Thanks ya'll. Tamra
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Go ahead and add me. :flowerforyou:
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Btw, my name is Emily, but most call me Emmy.
  • oudixon
    oudixon Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I love new friends. I am 31 and have 150 to lose!
  • PennySoutar
    Options
    I'd also like some new friends. I've been on MFP since October 2012 and find it very satisfying when logging in my food and activities. I keep telling people I am not losing weight, I am eating healthy. Losing weight is exciting, but is a natural process of finally only eating what my body needs a fuel. I am 51 and have been overweight since elementary school. I reached my highest of 247 at the end of my pregnancy. That was 21 years ago. I am down to 175 now, about 18 since joining MFP. I monitor my macronutrients, which I never did before, and also track some other vitamins and minerals. I always wanted to do this, but find the electronic tracking is perfect. I have the app on my ipad and I log EVERYTHING I eat.

It's been fun cleaning out my closet and buying smaller clothes. My older sister, who is morbidly obese, told me the other day I should keep some of my bigger clothes in case I gained weight again. I replied, "why, I'm never going back there." I have changed my life. I have had spiritual confirmation that I am on the right path. My cholesterol and other blood tests are NORMAL for the first time in years and I am looking to reverse my non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. My varicose veins don't bother me as much and I don't have to wear my support hose anymore! I even have significantly fewer migraine headaches. Why would I want to go back?

Friend me if you like!

Peace,
    OrigamiMommi
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Added x
  • cherylatkwechanged
    cherylatkwechanged Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Please add
  • shanehd
    shanehd Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me as well i have lost about 60 and would love to lose another 40 but it does not seem to get any easier.
  • blong12275
    Options
    Hi I am a mother of 2 a 7yr old and 17month old married for 8 years I am 28 and trying to loose the extra weight left from after having my 2nd child I was 120 before I got pregnant and have pretty much always been that weight but now have 30 lbs to loose :) yay I am doing insanity and just finished my first week...would love to here other eoples results from using this or other workouts.
  • 9AmyT
    9AmyT Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I added you. I am a mother of 2 and I work part time. I am looking to lose 62 lbs to start and then we will see. I have lost 19 lbs so far!
  • gwhizeh
    gwhizeh Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, feel free to add me too.
  • mains_adam25
    mains_adam25 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    everyone add me
  • tyme4mein2013
    tyme4mein2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I added you :) Feel free to add me, please! Thanks!!!!
  • suzycav77
    suzycav77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    hi all, anyone feel free to add me!!
  • living_loving_laughing2013
    Options
    Open to new friends. Fell off track a few months ago, but am now back and only looking forward.

Anyone can add me. : )
  • lalalalandia
    lalalalandia Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, this is my first time on the message boards, and I'm totally down to get new supportive friends! Please feel free to add me and I took the liberty and added some of you already.
    Background: I'm in my 20s, 5'2", looking to lose like 20 lbs :-)