• AnnDenny
    AnnDenny Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    No White After Labor Day!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I know Bob Harper from the biggest loser advocates no carbs after lunch. He says something about lean and green in the evening. I haven't really looked into it.

a lot of trainers pass along Bro Science advice, even though they've made no effort to verify any of it.

there are many serious body builders who still hold on to archaic ideas about nutrition and diet. you would think they'd know better, but they may not.

http://broscience.com/broscience-com-approved-articles/675-7-myths-bodybuilding.html
  • senseibena
    Options
    Obviously it's ironic. No carbs = no gains.
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I just try to keep my calories, carbs, fats, and proteins as close to my goals as possible, doesnt matter to me what time I eat them.

And if we're talking about ALL carbs this would be hard for me cuz I like to have veggies with my dinner...
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Your gym wants you to eat a crappy dinner and snacks. You should pass on that advice

Love this.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Hmmm! maybe just do what works for you?

Just because a sign or a book or a newspaper article/tv personality advocates something doesn`t mean that you have to follow it.
  • AnnDenny
    Options
    I'm not planning on taking anyone's advice right now... Im just curious to see if people do this. What I am doing now works for me, and yes I am eating carbs after lunch LOL :drinker:
  • CoachGwenna
    Options
    Just my 2 cents... for me.. when I have "bad carbs" (white bread, white rice, white pasta etc) with supper I am almost always up a pound or two in the morning. Think of it this way, carbs are "sugar energy" meant to help you run around and do stuff.. what are you doing after dinner? Sitting on the couch? Do you really need that sugar burst to get you going at that point? Nope... and if you don't use it up where does it go? ... you guessed it... fat stores for the next time you need a boost. I don't worry about carbs in pure vegetables though and that doesn't seem to matter and in the first half of the day whole grain bread, pasta and brown rice are fine.. even good!)

Since I've switched up my suppers to be clean lean protein and vegetables, I'm losing an extra 1/2 lb a day!!! No joke.. and I'm 45 yrs old! I put the majority of my carbs in the morning or at lunch but I stick with whole grains and unprocessed.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Might as well post a sign that says "nonsense 24/7".
  • calisunrise
    Options
    bro science
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I would not jump off a cliff just because all the lemmings are doing it. I would, however, laugh at their sorry a$$es.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I just eat when hungry. And if I fancy something with carbs (as long as not following a low carb diet which I do occassionally) I will have them whatever the time is.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I saw a sign in my local park saying "Pick up your dog mess"

Does anyone here do this?
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    I only stop eating carbs when I'm sound asleep and I've lost 45 lbs and am now at my goal weight. Works for me.
  • AnnDenny
    Options

Yes due to courtesy... The park is not my property.

ANYWAY
    I couldn't do it. I love my carbs, escpecially in the evening
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

Yes I do, and not sure I get the `whole, how it relates to the OP?`
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Just my 2 cents... for me.. when I have "bad carbs" (white bread, white rice, white pasta etc) with supper I am almost always up a pound or two in the morning. Think of it this way, carbs are "sugar energy" meant to help you run around and do stuff.. what are you doing after dinner? Sitting on the couch? Do you really need that sugar burst to get you going at that point? Nope... and if you don't use it up where does it go? ... you guessed it... fat stores for the next time you need a boost. I don't worry about carbs in pure vegetables though and that doesn't seem to matter and in the first half of the day whole grain bread, pasta and brown rice are fine.. even good!)

Since I've switched up my suppers to be clean lean protein and vegetables, I'm losing an extra 1/2 lb a day!!! No joke.. and I'm 45 yrs old! I put the majority of my carbs in the morning or at lunch but I stick with whole grains and unprocessed.

you're not gaining a pound or two of fat overnight, you are retaining water (and also have food in you working its way through your digestive tract) so that when you weigh yourself in the morning, you're seeing a higher number.

you can't lose 1/2 lb per day unless your calorie deficit is approx. 1750 calories, which i don't think is what you're saying.

please don't confuse what/when you eat with how much you eat.
  • RunningRichelle
    RunningRichelle Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    No carbs after lunch is a little extreme, goes a little too close to the whole Atkins diet for me.

However, If you take in carbs within two hours of going to sleep, the carbs inhibit your body's release of HGH (human growth hormone = awesome weight loss hormone = fountain of youth hormone). HGH is usually released by our bodies about an hour after we go to sleep.

If you eat carbs right before bed, you won't release as much HGH. When you don't release enough HGH, you tend to have a relative increase in fat mass and a relative decrease in muscle mass and, in many instances, decreased energy and quality of life.

^^That last bit is straight from The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism.
  • AnnDenny
    Options
    Today I saw a poster on the gym wall that says in bold "NO CARBS AFTER LUNCH!" No description or reason why. :huh:
    Who goes by this rule? And if so why or why not?
    Just curious! :smile:

Ask your gym they put it up.

No, because I'm asking YOU guys if you would go by this... not my gym!
    ^^^ This right here means you don't deserve an answer.

He didn't even read my question first of all. I did ask a staff at my gym, and they did not know. My question was "Who goes by this rule," meaning, any of you guys follow this. I was clearly looking for opinions about why or why not some people would do this.

Yes maam I did read your question and my answer was to this. "Today I saw a poster on the gym wall that says in bold "NO CARBS AFTER LUNCH!" No description or reason why."

That sir is not even a question lol

Obviously your gym put it up so they go by that rule. You should ask them or whom ever put that poster up why that's a rule and/or to give you a description why and then do some research. Also btw you have got an attitude problem cya bye. :flowerforyou:

Attitude problem? Woa, calm down buddy, I'm just looking around and seeing who uses this and why it works for their individual self. Not that big of a deal. Chill lol
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Yes I do, and not sure I get the `whole, how it relates to the OP?`

Some people do things, some people don't..regardless of signs...